+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Kazibo

Jun 7, 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been spending a lot of time today reading it. I hope you can help me.

I wasn't aware that we could get a response in email from the London office... when they've emailed me its always been from a 'do not reply' account, and my husband contacted them through the CIC webform, which they've never given us any indication that they've received or opened our mail.

Could someone please provide me with their address?

We've been in the system a bit longer than most of you it appears. My husband sponsored myself and my daughter out of country, the paperwork was received 1 June 2012.

On 3 Aug 12 he was accepted as a sponsor, and they transferred the paperwork to the London office.

On 8 Jan 13 they contacted us requesting a form which we had never found on-line (parental permission for my daughter to leave the UK), and that was quickly sent. They contacted us shortly after requesting the original, which the father claimed he had already sent them.

On 21 Mar 13 they contacted us with a strongly worded email indicating that they still had not received the original form. We contacted the father and he 'found' the original at home and sent it in registered, arriving 24 Mar 12.

Since then we have heard nothing.

My daughter and I have been here since the end of Aug 12, and her study permit is only for a year. She's in high school and needs to remain in class, and we are trying to determine what we should do (wait for our paperwork to go through) or start trying to apply somewhere else for another study permit.

I'm good as I applied for an extension to my visitor visa and in May received one for a year, but I hope that our paperwork gets sorted well before that.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
gideonj said:
Regarding the strike discussion, I'm a little confused: are you all certain that it will have an impact on our applications? Perhaps there is a difference between the Missasague "approval" stage and the London approval stage?

I only ask because of those replies we saw a couple of posts back from people who emailed the visa processing department and got this in reply:
So it seems not all of the staff are affected? Or is it different for applications at different stages?
London has "locally engaged staff" as well (non PAFSO).

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
I'm sure someone will email them and ask about the latest action :) there were noticeably more results in April than May reported

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Kazibo said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been spending a lot of time today reading it. I hope you can help me.

I wasn't aware that we could get a response in email from the London office... when they've emailed me its always been from a 'do not reply' account, and my husband contacted them through the CIC webform, which they've never given us any indication that they've received or opened our mail.

Could someone please provide me with their address?

We've been in the system a bit longer than most of you it appears. My husband sponsored myself and my daughter out of country, the paperwork was received 1 June 2012.

On 3 Aug 12 he was accepted as a sponsor, and they transferred the paperwork to the London office.

On 8 Jan 13 they contacted us requesting a form which we had never found on-line (parental permission for my daughter to leave the UK), and that was quickly sent. They contacted us shortly after requesting the original, which the father claimed he had already sent them.

On 21 Mar 13 they contacted us with a strongly worded email indicating that they still had not received the original form. We contacted the father and he 'found' the original at home and sent it in registered, arriving 24 Mar 12.

Since then we have heard nothing.

My daughter and I have been here since the end of Aug 12, and her study permit is only for a year. She's in high school and needs to remain in class, and we are trying to determine what we should do (wait for our paperwork to go through) or start trying to apply somewhere else for another study permit.

I'm good as I applied for an extension to my visitor visa and in May received one for a year, but I hope that our paperwork gets sorted well before that.
Depending on how old your daughter is, you might be able to "negotiate" with the school to have another year even without the PR. Try explaining that you have applied for PR. some schools will accept children like this, especially if she has been there studying already.
You should try to contact your MP to ask what is going on, as you're just over the 10 months processing time. They might be able to get more answers, and hopefully give the last push to your file so the PR is issued.

Good luck,
Sweden

Kazibo

Jun 7, 2013
Sweden said:
You should try to contact your MP to ask what is going on, as you're just over the 10 months processing time. They might be able to get more answers, and hopefully give the last push to your file so the PR is issued.
Thanks for the advice Sweden. I should get my husband to contact our MP - when we started this process it was 9 months processing time.

Do you (or someone else) know what email address the London office responds to? I noticed that a few other people said they emailed them and got a response. I don't want to whine to the MP and escalate this if we don't have to when a simple WTF to the London office may get us through the final hurdles.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kazibo said:
Thanks for the advice Sweden. I should get my husband to contact our MP - when we started this process it was 9 months processing time.

Do you (or someone else) know what email address the London office responds to? I noticed that a few other people said they emailed them and got a response. I don't want to whine to the MP and escalate this if we don't have to when a simple WTF to the London office may get us through the final hurdles.
I don't know - as I have only contacted them through a "case-specific enquiry" through their website, without any results (but I was done in 4 months in London so I can't complain).
Others have been able to communicate with London via email, most of the time by replying directly to the message that they got in the first place.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
We've just used the web form and gotten responses both times very quickly

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Im thinking of asking my boyfriend to contact his MP next week, any suggestions on what we should include in the e-mail? Thanks

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
This was in my horoscope today....

This month, June, you have a new moon in your solar ninth house of foreign people and places, so you've got a superb month to plan a getaway to an exciting location. The new moon, June 8, will quickly, and possibly unexpectedly, set things in motion. Look at a map, and choose a location that would be truly exciting to visit. If you need to attend to getting a passport, green card, visa, or other citizenship matter, the new moon will help you get it done.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
SwedentoQuebec said:
Im thinking of asking my boyfriend to contact his MP next week, any suggestions on what we should include in the e-mail? Thanks
Here is what we wrote

The Honourable [Insert Name of MP]
Member of Parliament for [Your consituency Area]

I am writing as one of your constituents and a Canadian Citizen, and would like to seek your assistance.

I applied to Citizen & Immigration Canada (CIC) on August 9th 2012 to sponsor my wife [Name of wife] and my (step) daughter [Name of Daughter] (both British Citizens) to become Canadian Permanent Residents via the Family Class route. I received the approval to sponsor them on September 12th 2012 and our application was received by London Office on September 25th. My wifes file has now been in London 7 months and it has come to our attention after submitting a Case Specific Enquiry that they have lost our daughters Medical File.

[More detailed paragraph about our situation and correspondence with CIC.....]

Therefore, we are asking if you would assist us in this matter by contacting CIC on our behalf to see if this matter can be resolved and would be grateful for any that you and your office provides.

Please feel free to contact me should you need more details and information.

Thank you very much and I look forward to receiving a response from you.

Yours sincerely,

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
scottishmaple said:
Here is what we wrote

The Honourable [Insert Name of MP]
Member of Parliament for [Your consituency Area]

I am writing as one of your constituents and a Canadian Citizen, and would like to seek your assistance.

I applied to Citizen & Immigration Canada (CIC) on August 9th 2012 to sponsor my wife [Name of wife] and my (step) daughter [Name of Daughter] (both British Citizens) to become Canadian Permanent Residents via the Family Class route. I received the approval to sponsor them on September 12th 2012 and our application was received by London Office on September 25th. My wifes file has now been in London 7 months and it has come to our attention after submitting a Case Specific Enquiry that they have lost our daughters Medical File.

[More detailed paragraph about our situation and correspondence with CIC.....]

Therefore, we are asking if you would assist us in this matter by contacting CIC on our behalf to see if this matter can be resolved and would be grateful for any that you and your office provides.

Please feel free to contact me should you need more details and information.

Thank you very much and I look forward to receiving a response from you.

Yours sincerely,

thank you so much Scottish maple!!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:

This month, June, you have a new moon in your solar ninth house of foreign people and places, so you've got a superb month to plan a getaway to an exciting location. The new moon, June 8, will quickly, and possibly unexpectedly, set things in motion. Look at a map, and choose a location that would be truly exciting to visit. If you need to attend to getting a passport, green card, visa, or other citizenship matter, the new moon will help you get it done.
Please tell me you're a Gemini!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:

that's almost spooky! :) now indeed you have to tell us which sign you are, so that every applicant on the forum can relate :) might be a good way to look at COPR - based on astrological signs.... might be more coherent than CIC, who knows!

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
So are people tempted to switch to inland apps or will the strikes impact those too? They look to be processing as quickly as Outland now and if there's no more new processing this year in London...

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
Please tell me you're a Gemini!
No my husband is though...I'm a Libra!!

But its says this for Gemini...

On June 16, (you have another stellar day, when Mars in Gemini will signal Uranus in Aries, so sudden news will be good news.