+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Hello, since im getting closer to the date I had bought my ticket to fly back home I'm now in a huge dilemma whether I should stay and hope I get my decition very soon *fingers crossed* or fly home for the summer. Anyways in all this I was now wondering how immigration actually count these 6 months we are allowed to stay here as visitors? Is it 180 days from your stamp? Or 6 callander months or what?! Also when is the latest we can apply for an extension of these 6 months and how much do they charge? is it easy? i bet you can do it online right? Let me know if you have the answers, thanks!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
SwedentoQuebec said:
Hello, since im getting closer to the date I had bought my ticket to fly back home I'm now in a huge dilemma whether I should stay and hope I get my decition very soon *fingers crossed* or fly home for the summer. Anyways in all this I was now wondering how immigration actually count these 6 months we are allowed to stay here as visitors? Is it 180 days from your stamp? Or 6 calls det months or what?! Also when is the latest we can apply for an extension of these 6 months and hiw much do they charge? is it easy? i bet you can do it online right? Let me know if you have the answers, thanks!
Hello! 6 months from your date of arrival in Canada is the date. Technically, you can apply for an extension any time as long you "have status" in Canada (i.e are within your 6 months). It costs 75 bucks and you can do it online, here!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp?s=1

To apply for an extension, when you're filling out your questionnaire be sure to put Canada as your country of residence!

As for whether to extend or not, it's really up to you! Would you like to go home for Summer? :D

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
DGT said:
Hello! 6 months from your date of arrival in Canada is the date. Technically, you can apply for an extension any time as long you "have status" in Canada (i.e are within your 6 months). It costs 75 bucks and you can do it online, here!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/apply_online.asp?s=1

To apply for an extension, when you're filling out your questionnaire be sure to put Canada as your country of residence!

As for whether to extend or not, it's really up to you! Would you like to go home for Summer? :D
thanks DGT for the info, so you don't have to do it like a month before your 'status' expire or anything like that? I actually do not want to go back for summer but I feel bad that my parents still have to pay for me when I'm 25 with a degree you know. Even if they say they don't mind and that it's just temporary at least in Sweden I could get a summer job, but I would miss my boyfriend so much... I thought I would have my decition by now this was not in my original plan....

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Exactly the same situation for me. I've been supporting myself since I was 17, and the fact that I can't do that anymore and I rely on the kindness of family makes me feel terrible about myself. If I were you, I would go for an extension. I'm sure that you only have another few months to go and the business of saying goodbye is the worst feeling imaginable (i've done it once. Never again!).

I'd recommend that you apply for an extension within 15 days of your expiry date in Canada, just to give it a safety period. CIC prefer that I guess (they actually say 30 days but that's not technically accurate. I applied 2 days before expiry and got my extension).

Whatever you decide, you'll be done soon. Chin up!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
I have a bit of an off topic question. On my ECAS my partner's name is not quite right - his middle name is not capitalized properly (there is a random capital in the middle in the proper spelling, but not on ECAS).

It is a bit picky, and if documents are given in all capitals it doesn't really matter at all.

Should I inform London of this? I don't even know if they have my application yet.

Thanks!

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
Sweden said:
you should contact your Canadian MP. You're almost past the processing times, and at least they could enquire about what is going on.
ALways worth a try!
Sweden

Sweden, as good an idea as that is, I wouldn't know who to contact or where..
I'll be moving to Surrey in BC if i ever get through this process, any suggestions or help with a name or any idea where I can research it would be highly appreciated..

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
ghunter said:
I have a bit of an off topic question. On my ECAS my partner's name is not quite right - his middle name is not capitalized properly (there is a random capital in the middle in the proper spelling, but not on ECAS).

It is a bit picky, and if documents are given in all capitals it doesn't really matter at all.

Should I inform London of this? I don't even know if they have my application yet.

Thanks!
Better safe than sorry!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
AlanJB27 said:
Sweden, as good an idea as that is, I wouldn't know who to contact or where..
I'll be moving to Surrey in BC if i ever get through this process, any suggestions or help with a name or any idea where I can research it would be highly appreciated..
if you already know where you will be moving, you can find your MP here http://www.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?menu=hoc

I'm not sure how useful they are for people that are not yet in Canada, but you can always give it a try and explain the situation.
Good luck!
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Looks like we are back on strike...

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
scottishmaple said:
Looks like we are back on strike...
The offer was not accepted in this week's talks and it would appear that sadly, the rest of us still waiting are now screwed and they've walked off the job.

Unfortunately we're now totally effed up.

I'm personally going to start thinking of Plan B on the basis my visa probably won't arrive this year now.

I see only 2 outcomes given Harper doesn't appear to negotiate with striking unions:

1. They wait it out and break them. Will not help us one bit.
2. They pass legislation outlawing the strike. This could take months and doesn't help us much. Delays will be huge.

Our only hope is they settle with the union and make a fair offer. Massively unlikely!

Bloody great...

If you google 'CTV PAFSO' you'll find the link to the story. Annoyingly I can't post links here.

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
markstimson said:
The offer was not accepted in this week's talks and it would appear that sadly, the rest of us still waiting are now screwed and they've walked off the job.

Unfortunately we're now totally effed up.

I'm personally going to start thinking of Plan B on the basis my visa probably won't arrive this year now.

I see only 2 outcomes given Harper doesn't appear to negotiate with striking unions:

1. They wait it out and break them. Will not help us one bit.
2. They pass legislation outlawing the strike. This could take months and doesn't help us much. Delays will be huge.

Our only hope is they settle with the union and make a fair offer. Massively unlikely!

Bloody great...

If you google 'CTV PAFSO' you'll find the link to the story. Annoyingly I can't post links here.
OMG WHAT?! You Dont think you'll get an answer this YEAR?!??

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
SwedentoQuebec said:
OMG WHAT?! You Dont think you'll get an answer this YEAR?!??
I very much doubt it. Having a look at the spreadsheet, they are just getting around to Jan sponsor approvals now so I figured I'm 2-3 months away from going into process as it stands. Given the added delays this shitstorm is going to cause, I can't see me getting my visa this year. I would absolutely loved to be proved wrong though!

If I'm right, I lose a 6 figure job and an entire life I've built here. Way to go Canada. I'm a contractor and my employers cannot sponsor me.

The thing is that pisses me off the most is how ridiculously, absurdly, economically stagnating the level of bureaucracy that this outdated and outrageous process includes. The UK equivalent spousal or common law visa takes 6 weeks on average. 3 months at the absolute longest.

And here we are, pissing about with printed forms and giving our address 19 times in the application.

Sadly it's a cultural thing. Spending any amount of time here you'll see how form filling and bureaucratic processes permeate life here. Backlogs, delays and waiting lists for many many government related things are standard. All because of the length of processes.

Everything else about Canada is great though! Ah well.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
markstimson said:
If I'm right, I lose a 6 figure job and an entire life I've built here. Way to go Canada. I'm a contractor and my employers cannot sponsor me.
I really hope that your PR comes through before the end of the year!
If it doesn't and you want to look at another way to get your PR, you can have a look at this post http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/divorce-question-t151250.15.html which explains quite well how the NOC system works - you might want to have a look at the Canada Experience Class - and if needed you can actually have both applications at the same time. THey are not mutually exclusive.
(the thread is about something else, but there is one post from Leon that explains clearly the options and it might apply to you).
Good luck,
Sweden

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
So what is the consensus, not in process already means unlikely to get PR this year or do we expect x month delay? Guessing Medicaid won't be extended as there won't be anyone there to extend them :(

Aldagr813

Jan 2, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saw the following articles online...Gives u an update that 12 countries have joined. Hopefully this adds pressure on the Govt to expedite resolutions :

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/06/06/foreign-service-officers-walk-off-the-job/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadian-envoys-in-12-countries-walk-off-the-job/article12380040/

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/Breaking+Mass+walkouts+diplomats+Ottawa+missions+abroad/8488763/story.html