+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
I'm sure you've considered the idea of packing up and heading over anyway to wait it out in Canada. Is that an option for you guys? It's New Brunswick you're off to right?
NB Yes. We have considered it a number of times and over the last week more so as school is ending in about 3 weeks. I am just scared to be refused at entry and have to come back to nothing... :-\

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
NB Yes. We have considered it a number of times and over the last week more so as school is ending in about 3 weeks. I am just scared to be refused at entry and have to come back to nothing... :-\
Yeah, I can understand that fear for sure.

Wish I had some useful advice to contribute for you. I really do. :(

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
scottishmaple said:

Is it possible that they refuse entry if a person that requires no visa wants to come and wait it out here in canada till COPR?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Immigration007 said:
Is it possible that they refuse entry if a person that requires no visa wants to come and wait it out here in canada till COPR?
it's possible for them to refuse anyone, for anything.

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
DGT said:
it's possible for them to refuse anyone, for anything.

Great! I was planning on having wife over for the wait.. Just great!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Immigration007 said:
Don't count it out completely! I'm in Canada waiting it out. Didn't have too much of a problem with the CBSA at Pearson. I came with a return ticket, told them I wanted to wait it out with my wife in Canada, and that was that.

You just have to bear in mind that EVERYTHING is at the discretion of the CBSA at the border.

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
DGT said:
Don't count it out completely! I'm in Canada waiting it out. Didn't have too much of a problem with the CBSA at Pearson. I came with a return ticket, told them I wanted to wait it out with my wife in Canada, and that was that.

You just have to bear in mind that EVERYTHING is at the discretion of the CBSA at the border.
I did the same, and I was quite nervous. I didn't have ties to my home country but I would've left before my 6 months was up. The CBSA agent actually started saying "that's a long visit...that's a long visit" but turns out I was approved the same day so he saw that on his computer while I had no idea of it. So he didn't ask me any more questions (except if I was landing, and I interpreted that as a trick question...), just gave me the 6 months. I think it depends so much on who you get at the border. I have heard of many, many people waiting out the process in Canada. And I think it's doable. But if it's possible, it's always better to have proof that the visitor's returning to his/her home country. All I had was letters from family/friends, but I didn't need them.

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
m_and_m said:
I did the same, and I was quite nervous. I didn't have ties to my home country but I would've left before my 6 months was up. The CBSA agent actually started saying "that's a long visit...that's a long visit" but turns out I was approved the same day so he saw that on his computer while I had no idea of it. So he didn't ask me any more questions (except if I was landing, and I interpreted that as a trick question...), just gave me the 6 months. I think it depends so much on who you get at the border. I have heard of many, many people waiting out the process in Canada. And I think it's doable. But if it's possible, it's always better to have proof that the visitor's returning to his/her home country. All I had was letters from family/friends, but I didn't need them.
the return ticket it's a good thing to have! When I was comin in December I was using my return ticket so to speak ( bought a ticket back to Sweden to do my Medicals and stayed there a couple of months for the application to start processing so, this was the return ticket from that trip) and I was denied boarding on the plane in Stockholm!!! What a humiliation!! I tried to explain to them ( I even had my sponsor approval by then to show them and all my papers) so I was told if I didn't have a return ticket I would miss my flight!! So a couple of hours before my flight leaves with all my luggage I was shopping for a return ticket in the airport. Now I usually shop long time and check all my options for a good price when I buy my flight tickets so thus was so stressful for me not to mention the prices of a single return ticket is outrageous it's even cheaper to buy a two way trip for less but still expensive. Also I tried to explain to the airline staff that I was going to buy my flight back depending on if I got the 6 months or just 3! But they didn't want to hear it, so I went home in tears and waited a couple of weeks and bought muy two way ticket but NOTthrough the US this time since they ALWAYS cause more trouble even though its just a connecting flight through their airport!! Ah sorry for the long post I'm just so frustrated, the moral of the story is Yes they can deny you entry or even boarding your flight in your country so a return ticket that you can rebook (since the return ticket has to be in the 90days if your flying through the states apparently, ANC you might want to stay 6 months so you'll have to rebook it = more fees!! You get the picture.. Im Flying back to Sweden on Saturday finally so I'm a mayor winy person right now sorry...

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
SwedentoQuebec said:
the return ticket it's a good thing to have! When I was comin in December I was using my return ticket so to speak ( bought a ticket back to Sweden to do my Medicals and stayed there a couple of months for the application to start processing so, this was the return ticket from that trip) and I was denied boarding on the plane in Stockholm!!! What a humiliation!! I tried to explain to them ( I even had my sponsor approval by then to show them and all my papers) so I was told if I didn't have a return ticket I would miss my flight!! So a couple of hours before my flight leaves with all my luggage I was shopping for a return ticket in the airport. Now I usually shop long time and check all my options for a good price when I buy my flight tickets so thus was so stressful for me not to mention the prices of a single return ticket is outrageous it's even cheaper to buy a two way trip for less but still expensive. Also I tried to explain to the airline staff that I was going to buy my flight back depending on if I got the 6 months or just 3! But they didn't want to hear it, so I went home in tears and waited a couple of weeks and bought muy two way ticket but NOTthrough the US this time since they ALWAYS cause more trouble even though its just a connecting flight through their airport!! Ah sorry for the long post I'm just so frustrated, the moral of the story is Yes they can deny you entry or even boarding your flight in your country so a return ticket that you can rebook (since the return ticket has to be in the 90days if your flying through the states apparently, ANC you might want to stay 6 months so you'll have to rebook it = more fees!! You get the picture.. Im Flying back to Sweden on Saturday finally so I'm a mayor winy person right now sorry...
That happened to me about 7 years ago. My wife (girlfriend at the time) were going for a long visit to NS and then flying out to Australia once her visa was processed. I was young and naive so I didn't know much about immigration! They told me that I could board, but that CBSA probably wouldn't let me into the country. So I had to call up and order a ticket that I wouldn't ever use as a return to Scotland. Fun times. Almost forgotten about it! So long ago...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
SwedentoQuebec said:
If you can, try and fly through Iceland! :) and you can get a "free" stopover in Iceland for up to 7 days... so you get a mini vacation out of it! :) and it makes the whole flying less stressful... I flew from Copenhagen to Reykjavik, stayed 5 days there, then from there to Seattle then to Vancouver. I didn't have a return ticket, but in Copenhagen they didn't care because it looked like I was going to Iceland, and in Iceland they didn't care... I don't know why! But I wasn't asked even once for a return ticket.. plus Iceland is a good experience :)

Immigration007 said:
As others have said - it's definitely feasible. Never guaranteed, and I think everybody who has done it was a bit nervous on arrival, but you can "reduce the risks" by preparing well. Get a return ticket, fully refundable, so if your wife doesn't use it, you can just cancel it. If it makes you feel better, get a insurance as well - in case she is denied boarding at the departure gate - which I think is unlikely if she has a return ticket.
She should travel with the proofs that she has applied for COPR, and a return ticket, and tell at the border that she is coming for a visit for 2 months for example. With the return ticket, it should make it easier. As long as she sticks to the story (visiting, not moving etc.), then it should be OK.

scottishmaple said:
I'm pretty sure that if you travel with a return ticket, and you say that you're going over for a summer visit, it should be fine. There is no reason to deny you entry - plenty of people go for holidays to Canada during summer time, and if you travel with proofs that you need to return (school registration, or any activity for your daughter), you should be fine. I doubt that you will be asked any question at the border though - there are so many people visiting Canada for the summer.

I definitely understand the fear though - but getting a change of scenery might be easier on your nerves because you won't feel to stuck if you're spending time with your husband in Canada...

Hang in there - it will happen!! fingers crossed, and positive thoughts coming your way!
Sweden

sfw2012

Jun 12, 2013
Hi,

I have a quick question.

My husband is Pakistani but is residing in Ireland for the past 6 years as a student.

I live in Canada and have applied for a spousal visa.

We received a letter on January 24, 2013 that the file has been sent to the London office.

On May 17, 2013 they requested a police certificate from Pakistan. We sent it to them on June 03, 2013.

How long will it take after this? On the letter it said upto 4 months. :(

Thank You

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sfw2012 said:
Hi,

I have a quick question.

My husband is Pakistani but is residing in Ireland for the past 6 years as a student.

I live in Canada and have applied for a spousal visa.

We received a letter on January 24, 2013 that the file has been sent to the London office.

On May 17, 2013 they requested a police certificate from Pakistan. We sent it to them on June 03, 2013.

How long will it take after this? On the letter it said upto 4 months. :(

Thank You
None of us have an answer to that... unfortunately! it looks like they have started dealing with your file, which is good, but background checks (apart from Police checks, there are also separate backgrounds checks conducted) can take a while, especially for applicants that are not from the EU as the collaboration is not always good.
They will most likely add the letter to your file before the 4 months quoted, but it doesn't mean that it's the only info they need. So it could be anywhere from one month ( but that would be surprising), to... 4 or 6 months. If you look at the spreadsheet in my signature, you will see that non-visa-exempt applicants have a longer processing in general than visa-exempt.

Good luck,
Sweden

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
SwedentoQuebec said:
Wow, I understand how bad that must have felt! And yeah, you're right, I had a return ticket also, forgot to mention that!
I hope you'll get good news soon and that this process is soon over for you! :)

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
orly said:
Some people are working in London.

To my incredible frustration someone who didn't even apply to Mississauga until Jan 2013 has sailed through to completion. Not even so much as an "In Process". No bull*censored word* emails for extra information. Just straight to the finish line. They aren't even married. The rest of us from late 2012 sit in the "queue".

"Processed in the order in which they are received" - BULL.

This week is pretty much my last chance to get an answer before my visa expires late next week.

Sucks, doesn't it?? Spare a thought for those who applied way back in August.. Still waiting patiently..
Processing in the order the applications are received?? Really??
Hmmm.. Not likely..

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I have just bought tickets to go to Canada. I think I am having an anxiety attack.......