+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
SwedentoQuebec said:
no I haven't heard from them at all and I'm getting kind of anxious since people after me on the spreadsheet are getting DM or being asked for more info. I don't know what to think... anyway I'm reaching my 150 days after sponsor approval on Friday... So fingers crossed this week!!!
soon most likely !
Swedish citizen said:
I´ve been asked to pay the permanent residence fee, but I did that in December, so I guess I just have to send the receipt to Mississauga again. Next thing was the travel documentation, I was so sure that I read somewhere that you don´t need to fill in that one when you apply through London. My bad! That´s a tough one, I travelled a lot in my work, but manageable.
The worst one is a period where my partner and me lived together but in an apartment that I owned when he moved in. We don´t have a single proof that we lived together, I explained why in my application but now they want proof of joint bills, tenant agreement etc. But all the bills were in my name and since I owned the apartment, he just moved in. That´s what freaks me out right now. All I can do is to explain it all over again and I´m not so sure they´ll buy that.
Anyone who knows a innovative way to proof it?
Send the RPRF to Mississauga and to London, so they can cross it off their checklist.
The travel documentation ( the special travel form) is indeed not required, but sometimes they will ask the applicant about it, if they have a long travel history and the way it was explained in the application was not complete enough for them. using the form is just a good way to list the history in a form that suits CIC. If you traveled a lot for work, and you can't remember the exact dates, write information as much as you can, and get a letter from your job certifying that it was part of your duty to travel for work, and during this period of time, you traveled regularly to X and X country.

For the common-law proofs, that's a tricky one. Can you get letters from common friends that went and visited you, or stayed with you? if your partner was paying part of the bills, or part of the rent, then try and find your old bank statements and highlight transfers from him to you, corresponding to shared expenses, or part of the rent, or something for the bills, whatever you guys figured out at that point. Did he ever get letters addressed to him at your place? did you ever get bills, or an "ICA/Coop" card for example? gym membership with his address at your place? I suppose he had a "personnummer" and was he registered at your address? You can ask Skatteverket for a personbevis listing all the previous addresses - we did that with my partner, to show that we were registered at the same address for a long time, and considered sambo by the Swedish Authorities. Most of the time, as you probably know, you can ask all the official documents in English, so you won't even have to translate any of that.

You have to establish somehow that you were living together for 12 months, if you can't do that, no matter what other proof of genuine relationship you have, you don't qualify, so it's 2 separate things: first you must prove that you are indeed common-law (12 months living together), then they will look at the relationship proofs ( and that's usually not a problem).

lycka til,
Sweden

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Some nice progress recently :) Have a family wedding this summer in Tdot so am hoping we can land as part of that trip.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sweden said:
indeed - same happened to me. I sent the request, and ask for the period to be waived, but they didn't. I didn't have the info at that time, so I took a private insurance etc.
Send a letter to the Minister of Health :). Direct email to send it to is hlth.health@gov.bc.ca

If more people in this situation formally complain to the Ministry of Health, there is the possibility that MSP might smarten up and stop denying people coverage when they are rightfully entitled to it as you were.

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
DECISION FINALLY MADE!
Thanks to everyone for the support, this forum surely makes this whole nightmare bearable!
Congratulations to everyone who heard from LVO recently, and best of luck to everyone still waiting.

p.s. can someone change my details on the spreadsheet please. thanks

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
HAPPY DAYS! DM!

Sponsorship approval 11 Feb
In process 22 Apr
DM as of when I logged into ECAS a minute ago!

I rarely check it because we are bottom of the 2012 spreadsheet pile, but decided to have a quick look and I'm glad I did!

Flight was booked for 30th July anyway, so saves a few months of nerves!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Grizzlybear said:
DECISION FINALLY MADE!
Thanks to everyone for the support, this forum surely makes this whole nightmare bearable!
Congratulations to everyone who heard from LVO recently, and best of luck to everyone still waiting.

rpurdie said:
HAPPY DAYS! DM!

Sponsorship approval 11 Feb
In process 22 Apr
DM as of when I logged into ECAS a minute ago!

I rarely check it because we are bottom of the 2012 spreadsheet pile, but decided to have a quick look and I'm glad I did!

Flight was booked for 30th July anyway, so saves a few months of nerves!
Wow double congrats to both of you. I will turn you red just now! :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Michty6, I think I might actually exceed your processing times, I have already surpassed your Sponsor Approval to DM figure.....lol

jbkon

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
Got DM FINALLY! Been waiting too long!!

My timeline:

Application sent - June 2012
AOR - July 2012
Sponsorship approved - August 2012
In process - January 2013
DM: today, April 30 2013

Total time: a little over 9 months!

Now to stalk the postman!!! ;D

P.S People on the forum here who get DM, the officer changes the address to just the city, province and country they're in. Do they do that all the time? They haven't changed my address, just have the DM.

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
SwedentoQuebec said:
no I haven't heard from them at all and I'm getting kind of anxious since people after me on the spreadsheet are getting DM or being asked for more info. I don't know what to think... anyway I'm reaching my 150 days after sponsor approval on Friday... So fingers crossed this week!!!
The waiting is painful, cross my fingers that you´re on next!

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Sweden said:
soon most likely !
Send the RPRF to Mississauga and to London, so they can cross it off their checklist.
The travel documentation ( the special travel form) is indeed not required, but sometimes they will ask the applicant about it, if they have a long travel history and the way it was explained in the application was not complete enough for them. using the form is just a good way to list the history in a form that suits CIC. If you traveled a lot for work, and you can't remember the exact dates, write information as much as you can, and get a letter from your job certifying that it was part of your duty to travel for work, and during this period of time, you traveled regularly to X and X country.

For the common-law proofs, that's a tricky one. Can you get letters from common friends that went and visited you, or stayed with you? if your partner was paying part of the bills, or part of the rent, then try and find your old bank statements and highlight transfers from him to you, corresponding to shared expenses, or part of the rent, or something for the bills, whatever you guys figured out at that point. Did he ever get letters addressed to him at your place? did you ever get bills, or an "ICA/Coop" card for example? gym membership with his address at your place? I suppose he had a "personnummer" and was he registered at your address? You can ask Skatteverket for a personbevis listing all the previous addresses - we did that with my partner, to show that we were registered at the same address for a long time, and considered sambo by the Swedish Authorities. Most of the time, as you probably know, you can ask all the official documents in English, so you won't even have to translate any of that.

You have to establish somehow that you were living together for 12 months, if you can't do that, no matter what other proof of genuine relationship you have, you don't qualify, so it's 2 separate things: first you must prove that you are indeed common-law (12 months living together), then they will look at the relationship proofs ( and that's usually not a problem).

lycka til,
Sweden
Thanks, Sweden! Hmm... wonder that they found in our application that made them ask for travel documentation.
Skatteverket might work. He never got like ICA card and that kind of things... If I only knew that we were going to Canada, I would have done more to collect other proof. Well, going to send off the documents as soon as possible, then I can´t do much more.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
jbkon said:
Got DM FINALLY! Been waiting too long!!

My timeline:

Application sent - June 2012
AOR - July 2012
Sponsorship approved - August 2012
In process - January 2013
DM: today, April 30 2013

Total time: a little over 9 months!

Now to stalk the postman!!! ;D

P.S People on the forum here who get DM, the officer changes the address to just the city, province and country they're in. Do they do that all the time? They haven't changed my address, just have the DM.
Congratulations.

I do not think they do it all the time, as quite often Ecas isn't even updated for some people.

dakar23

Jul 26, 2012
Grizzlybear said:
DECISION FINALLY MADE!

[Hi Congrats, Finally you are done, when you will be flying?

How did you submit your passport via post/dropbox or in person and what was the returning method?

I need to decide how i am gonna send my one.

thanks in advance]

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
I like to avoid this thread for a while and then come visit because there is always loads of good news! Congrats to all the DMs. :)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
scottishmaple said:
Michty6, I think I might actually exceed your processing times, I have already surpassed your Sponsor Approval to DM figure.....lol
Boooooooooourns! When was the last time you emailed London?

lgov

Feb 3, 2012
:D I am so stoked to find this forum.

I am just putting the last parts of my 'family sponsorship - commonlaw' application together. My partner (A Canadian citizen) is sponsoring me. We have been living together for 1 year and in a committed long-distance relationship for 4 years.

I have tried to work out the average processing times for the last few months and its looking to be around 8 months!