+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
karambajwa said:
Just want to knw wat is spreadsheet and Shall I expect my name on it bcz I have also applied for Canadian PR :'( . I think sweden and sccotishmaple are dealing with all this so plz help ???

Karam
Hi Karambajwa,

The London VO Spreadsheet is made up with a list of users from this forum and other forums who have submitted their timelines and provide updates of dates on how their application is progressing. If you click on the link in my signature at the bottom it will take you to the spreadsheet and you will see at the bottom of it three tabs. If you click on the year that you have applied you will see others that have a similar timelines to you. As your application progresses and Ecas is updated you let us know on the forum and we can update it for you.

When you finally get at Decision Made on Ecas we can turn your name red, sounds a little silly, but I promise you there is a lot of satisfaction seeing your name turn red ...lol

The Spreadsheet is just an indication of how London are progressing and gives all of us an idea when we can expect to get COPR/PPR

If you would like to be added, just post your timeline so far....

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Thanks, everyone! I'm going to put the 14th as a start date, I figure this is conservative enough.

Scottishmaple, I'm not really sure. They told me on April 12th that my COPR would be issued, but they didn't mail it out until today. I guess I would just call it today. And thanks for turning me red!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
rebecassss said:
Thanks, everyone! I'm going to put the 14th as a start date, I figure this is conservative enough.

Scottishmaple, I'm not really sure. They told me on April 12th that my COPR would be issued, but they didn't mail it out until today. I guess I would just call it today. And thanks for turning me red!
No Worries and congratulations again

Aug 26, 2012
Hi all,

I received an e-mail this morning asking me to attend an interview in London at the end of this month. I'm Welsh and my Canadian husband is sponsoring me. I've been staying in Canada with him as a visitor for the last two years but had to return to the UK last month due to a family illness and stayed for three weeks, I've only been back here three days and now I have to book another flight back!!

Anyway, I've been asked to supply the following:

2 forms of photo ID
Proof of development of relationship
Proof of continued contact with your sponsor
Updated forms which are available on our website:

Schedule A/Background Declaration form for yourself
Additional Family Information form IMM5406 for yourself

Which I assume means we didn't provide them with enough information in our application, so I will do a better job of gathering things before I head back. My one question is that I've been reading this morning about people attending interviews, some don't get their passports back straight away? Why is this and can I expect this to happen?

My husband works two weeks on and one week off, we thought he could finish work two days early to come with me (his name isn't mentioned in the e-mail, but I would like him to come and he wants to support me) and spend roughly 9 days in the UK before flying back for him to start work again. I don't know if I have to be concerned about not getting my passport back, though? Should I not book a return ticket back to Canada until I get my passport back, or?

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Rebecassss - if ECAS hasn't changed to DM in like the next few days (by say Friday) email and double check they have sent it out. As before you have to take them saying that they have sent it out with a pinch of salt. If ECAS changes though you are good as it doesn't change until after the COPR has been posted...

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
michty6 said:
Rebecassss - if ECAS hasn't changed to DM in like the next few days (by say Friday) email and double check they have sent it out. As before you have to take them saying that they have sent it out with a pinch of salt. If ECAS changes though you are good as it doesn't change until after the COPR has been posted...
Oh man, yeah, you're absolutely right. Cheers, Michty, will do.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
CaptainTurtles said:
Hi all,

I received an e-mail this morning asking me to attend an interview in London at the end of this month. I'm Welsh and my Canadian husband is sponsoring me. I've been staying in Canada with him as a visitor for the last two years but had to return to the UK last month due to a family illness and stayed for three weeks, I've only been back here three days and now I have to book another flight back!!

Anyway, I've been asked to supply the following:

2 forms of photo ID
Proof of development of relationship
Proof of continued contact with your sponsor
Updated forms which are available on our website:

Schedule A/Background Declaration form for yourself
Additional Family Information form IMM5406 for yourself

Which I assume means we didn't provide them with enough information in our application, so I will do a better job of gathering things before I head back. My one question is that I've been reading this morning about people attending interviews, some don't get their passports back straight away? Why is this and can I expect this to happen?

My husband works two weeks on and one week off, we thought he could finish work two days early to come with me (his name isn't mentioned in the e-mail, but I would like him to come and he wants to support me) and spend roughly 9 days in the UK before flying back for him to start work again. I don't know if I have to be concerned about not getting my passport back, though? Should I not book a return ticket back to Canada until I get my passport back, or?
Hey,

welcome to the thread. It's really odd that you are asked for an interview even if you're visa-exempt and you live together! did you send this information in your application ? Was it any other red flags? the likelihood of you having to go for an interview is really low.

I don't know if they can change their mind, but what I would do is the following: answer to the request of interview, with all proofs that you are currently living with your sponsor, and have been doing so for the past 2 years. If you have been on holidays together, prepare your file, and send all the scanned proofs. Make it really really really obvious that you are in Canada now (with your scanned date of entry in Canada, and visitor record if you got one etc), and that you have indeed been living with your sponsor...
Don't tell them that you don't want to go for an interview etc, of course, but it honestly seems more like a "mistake" on their part ( or not enough proofs in the application initially). It's always worht a try - in case they realise that you don't need an interview after all!

About getting your passport back: well, if you are from the UK, then you are visa-exempt, so you don't actually need to supply your passport - as you don't need a visa to enter Canada. So you should be fine to book the flights whenever it suits you ( I would book it with a fully refundable option, just in case they decide to cancel the interview), as they should not hold your passport - the only thing you need would be a scanned version ( or photocopy) so they can issue the COPR with your passport information at that point.

Good luck,
Sweden

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Anyone got any timelines on how long PR cards are taking to come just now? They said 'up to 2 months' after landing, but is this an under or over exaggeration?

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
michty6 said:
Anyone got any timelines on how long PR cards are taking to come just now? They said 'up to 2 months' after landing, but is this an under or over exaggeration?
Not a terribly helpful answer but we've been waiting since March 29 so just over a month now and no sign of it yet.

Aug 26, 2012
Sweden said:
Hey,

welcome to the thread. It's really odd that you are asked for an interview even if you're visa-exempt and you live together! did you send this information in your application ? Was it any other red flags? the likelihood of you having to go for an interview is really low.

I don't know if they can change their mind, but what I would do is the following: answer to the request of interview, with all proofs that you are currently living with your sponsor, and have been doing so for the past 2 years. If you have been on holidays together, prepare your file, and send all the scanned proofs. Make it really really really obvious that you are in Canada now (with your scanned date of entry in Canada, and visitor record if you got one etc), and that you have indeed been living with your sponsor...
Don't tell them that you don't want to go for an interview etc, of course, but it honestly seems more like a "mistake" on their part ( or not enough proofs in the application initially). It's always worht a try - in case they realise that you don't need an interview after all!

About getting your passport back: well, if you are from the UK, then you are visa-exempt, so you don't actually need to supply your passport - as you don't need a visa to enter Canada. So you should be fine to book the flights whenever it suits you ( I would book it with a fully refundable option, just in case they decide to cancel the interview), as they should not hold your passport - the only thing you need would be a scanned version ( or photocopy) so they can issue the COPR with your passport information at that point.

Good luck,
Sweden
Hi Sweden, thanks for the reply,

I did send all the information needed, I included details of all my flights to Canada and also included copies of my visa extension certificates to show I was in Canada legally for that length of time. I wrote about as many things as I could remember that we did together in terms of 'dates', days out and trips together, and included all the pictures I have from those times. My husband and I have a significant age gap, which I assume would be a 'red flag' for them and we were almost expecting an interview because of this.

They first e-mailed us saying we had missed one or two pages in our application, so it was sent the day after I received the e-mail. We rang them often to check up on our application and were told shortly after sending that they had received the additional information we sent. However two or three phone calls later, the officer we spoke to that time said that they were missing that information, my husband told the officer we would look into it, only to phone the next day and to be told again that they do have it. Then the fourth or fifth officer we spoke to informed us that we hadn't paid the full amount which was the first we'd heard of that, but we paid the amount asked that day and haven't heard any more.

Our application status seems to depend on who we speak too at times.

And thanks again for the information regarding the passports

karambajwa

Jul 15, 2012
scottishmaple said:
Hi Karambajwa,

The London VO Spreadsheet is made up with a list of users from this forum and other forums who have submitted their timelines and provide updates of dates on how their application is progressing. If you click on the link in my signature at the bottom it will take you to the spreadsheet and you will see at the bottom of it three tabs. If you click on the year that you have applied you will see others that have a similar timelines to you. As your application progresses and Ecas is updated you let us know on the forum and we can update it for you.

When you finally get at Decision Made on Ecas we can turn your name red, sounds a little silly, but I promise you there is a lot of satisfaction seeing your name turn red ...lol

The Spreadsheet is just an indication of how London are progressing and gives all of us an idea when we can expect to get COPR/PPR

If you would like to be added, just post your timeline so far....
Thanks for ur reply scottishmaple ! Ofcourse I would like to be in the list ;D My timeline so far :

App Filed: 29 Oct, 2012
Sponsor approval and file transferred : 29 Nov, 2012
In process : 19th April, 2013

Karam

karambajwa

Jul 15, 2012
rebecassss said:
Good afternoon,

Your COPR was issued and mailed today to the address on file:
REBECCA
Address

You should receive the document shortly.

Kind regards,
CDD

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

But also, they told me they were going to be issuing it two weeks ago so I started applying for jobs. I had a job interview request that had to be delayed because I didn't know when I was going to land, so I emailed CIC yesterday asking where my form had got to. It seems like if I hadn't bugged them they wouldn't have mailed it out today.

Seriously, guys, just bug CIC. Bug them, bug them, bug them. I know you're not really supposed to but just do it. I'm so glad I did.

Anyone know how long the mail takes? I'm in TO

Also, can I turn red now? I would LOVE to turn red! Or do I have to wait for the thing to actually be here? My ecas hasn't changed at all.
Wowwwwww! Another Lucky person........... ;) Congrats !!!!!!

Karam

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
karambajwa said:
Thanks for ur reply scottishmaple ! Ofcourse I would like to be in the list ;D My timeline so far :

App Filed: 29 Oct, 2012
Sponsor approval and file transferred : 29 Nov, 2012
In process : 19th April, 2013

Karam
Done...x

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Venting, feel free to ignore.....

Received a letter from my daughters school today asking to fill out the order form for her school uniform for August...I don't even know whether to buy it or not, if I do and get PR, then that is money down the drain and if I don't buy her uniform and don't get PR before August, I will need to try and source the uniform myself at last minute. I can't plan for living here or in canada. So frustrated. Such a small thing but there are several of these small things...

sigh