+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
Boooooooooourns! When was the last time you emailed London?
We have asked my husband MP to call and ask about our file on our behalf and he has agreed, so we are just waiting to hear back

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Btw does anyone know the deal about flying to the US before you get your PR card? Someone mentioned something about the airlines not liking it and were reluctant to let you board...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
michty6 said:
Btw does anyone know the deal about flying to the US before you get your PR card? Someone mentioned something about the airlines not liking it and were reluctant to let you board...
if you're in Canada, and you want to go to the US for a few days for example, don't mention that you are a PR. Just travel on your normal passport, and don't mention anything about being a PR. If you tell them that you are a PR, they will most likely want to see some proofs of that. Airline staff are not trained to read a COPR, so that won't work. the easiest is just not to say anything. When you go back to Canada, at the border you can tell them that you are a PR, and show the COPR if asked.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
canuck_in_uk said:
Send a letter to the Minister of Health :). Direct email to send it to is hlth.health @ gov.bc.ca

If more people in this situation formally complain to the Ministry of Health, there is the possibility that MSP might smarten up and stop denying people coverage when they are rightfully entitled to it as you were.
I'll do that... thanks!
Grizzlybear said:
DECISION FINALLY MADE!
Thanks to everyone for the support, this forum surely makes this whole nightmare bearable!
Congratulations to everyone who heard from LVO recently, and best of luck to everyone still waiting.

p.s. can someone change my details on the spreadsheet please. thanks
rpurdie said:
HAPPY DAYS! DM!

Sponsorship approval 11 Feb
In process 22 Apr
DM as of when I logged into ECAS a minute ago!

I rarely check it because we are bottom of the 2012 spreadsheet pile, but decided to have a quick look and I'm glad I did!

Flight was booked for 30th July anyway, so saves a few months of nerves!
Double congrats indeed! good news, hopefully the rest will hear very soon!

karambajwa

Jul 15, 2012
Grizzlybear said:
DECISION FINALLY MADE!
Thanks to everyone for the support, this forum surely makes this whole nightmare bearable!
Congratulations to everyone who heard from LVO recently, and best of luck to everyone still waiting.

p.s. can someone change my details on the spreadsheet please. thanks
congrats ;D

karambajwa

Jul 15, 2012
rpurdie said:
HAPPY DAYS! DM!

Sponsorship approval 11 Feb
In process 22 Apr
DM as of when I logged into ECAS a minute ago!

I rarely check it because we are bottom of the 2012 spreadsheet pile, but decided to have a quick look and I'm glad I did!

Flight was booked for 30th July anyway, so saves a few months of nerves!
congrats ! I hope I will update the same very soon ;)

karambajwa

Jul 15, 2012
Just want to knw wat is spreadsheet and Shall I expect my name on it bcz I have also applied for Canadian PR :'( . I think sweden and sccotishmaple are dealing with all this so plz help ???

Karam

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Good afternoon,

Your COPR was issued and mailed today to the address on file:
REBECCA
Address

You should receive the document shortly.

Kind regards,
CDD

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

But also, they told me they were going to be issuing it two weeks ago so I started applying for jobs. I had a job interview request that had to be delayed because I didn't know when I was going to land, so I emailed CIC yesterday asking where my form had got to. It seems like if I hadn't bugged them they wouldn't have mailed it out today.

Seriously, guys, just bug CIC. Bug them, bug them, bug them. I know you're not really supposed to but just do it. I'm so glad I did.

Anyone know how long the mail takes? I'm in TO

Also, can I turn red now? I would LOVE to turn red! Or do I have to wait for the thing to actually be here? My ecas hasn't changed at all.

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
rebecassss said:
Good afternoon,

REBECCA
Address

Kind regards,
CDD

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

But also, they told me they were going to be issuing it two weeks ago so I started applying for jobs. I had a job interview request that had to be delayed because I didn't know when I was going to land, so I emailed CIC yesterday asking where my form had got to. It seems like if I hadn't bugged them they wouldn't have mailed it out today.

Seriously, guys, just bug CIC. Bug them, bug them, bug them. I know you're not really supposed to but just do it. I'm so glad I did.

Also, can I turn red now? I would LOVE to turn red! Or do I have to wait for the thing to actually be here? My ecas hasn't changed at all.
:D :D :D Congratulations Rebecca!!

If they only issued and mailed your COPR today, ECAS might not change for a few days. I think ECAS is only updated a few times each week (the CIC website says they only update it on Tuesdays, but I think it's more frequent than that, from experience).

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Thank you, Korma! :D Yeah, I'm not too worried about ecas now I know for sure it's on the way.

Do you have any idea how long the mail takes? I want to set up that job interview and need some idea of my landing date (I'll be landing the day it comes).

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Sweden said:
if you're in Canada, and you want to go to the US for a few days for example, don't mention that you are a PR. Just travel on your normal passport, and don't mention anything about being a PR. If you tell them that you are a PR, they will most likely want to see some proofs of that. Airline staff are not trained to read a COPR, so that won't work. the easiest is just not to say anything. When you go back to Canada, at the border you can tell them that you are a PR, and show the COPR if asked.
Sweden
Hmmm I'm a little bit unsure about this. If I go over the land border I'm sure the COPR paper will be fine right - it's just airport staff who are the problem? And the other thing is most times I've gone to the US they have asked where I'm coming from, what I do there and what my visa situation is...

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
rebecassss said:
YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

Congrats! This is precisely what happened to me when my COPR was ready to be issued so I've quote and emphasized in bold. Right up to the very end you need to keep chasing CIC.

Mail to TO from London you are talking about 7-9 days, sometimes you can even get it in 5 or 6 depending on how nice the mail is being that week!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Mine was mailed on the 4th and arrived on the 11th, so not long at all! I would say yours should arrive on the 8th or 9th. Really you're at the mercy of the mail system. I'd budget in for it arriving on the 10th and anything earlier is a bonus, personally!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Korma said:
Mine was mailed on the 4th and arrived on the 11th, so not long at all! I would say yours should arrive on the 8th or 9th. Really you're at the mercy of the mail system. I'd budget in for it arriving on the 10th and anything earlier is a bonus, personally!
Yeh if I was to analyse the data like our spreadsheet I'd say your 'average' is going to be receiving it on the 8th, your fastest around the 6th and slowest around the 10th ;)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
rebecassss said:
Good afternoon,

REBECCA
Address

Kind regards,
CDD

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

Congrats!! I have turned you red! Is today your original DM date or 2 weeks ago?