+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

B_cowper22

Aug 13, 2011
CkMaddall said:
Hello UK Application people.

Quick and easy one for you - I sent my common law application a couple of weeks ago, can you let me know how long it usually takes to be notified that it is being processed (allowing you to track online), and how do they notify you? Is it by email?

Cheers
First of all welcome...

I became able to track mine once they approved my sponsor and you get your UCI number, Stage 1 Sponsorship approval is moving along nicely... Buckle up for the fun ride!!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Who is able to update the spreadsheet here?

I received my "In process" notification on 23rd April if anyone is able to work their magic on it?

Congratulations to all those hearing some positive news! :)

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
katelynlc said:
We got an email from London today requesting more info! Good and bad news I guess.
So did we! I try to see that as positive, but it actually freaks me out that they need more information...
Have they changed your status? We´re still "application received"

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
davidmarsden38 said:
Who is able to update the spreadsheet here?

I received my "In process" notification on 23rd April if anyone is able to work their magic on it?

Congratulations to all those hearing some positive news! :)

done..x

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Just a wee update!

An assistant of my hubby's MP contacted us today and told my husband that he would be happy to contact CIC on our behalf to find out what is going on, the gentleman asked for more information regarding File Numbers etc which I have sent today.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
dakar23 said:
Hi AfSHe, thanks

I emailed London 4 times only, and i got reply within 1-2 days each time.

Fact is that : in email i asked so many question but they only answered some of them and ignored rest.

Example : i made mistake on my from and asked them what to do, and also asked them about my medical expiry. But they only answered about the form and ignored the question i asked about my medical.

So i think it depends on the importance of your email.

Thanks
Yes they do this with us also

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
Just a wee update!

An assistant of my hubby's MP contacted us today and told my husband that he would be happy to contact CIC on our behalf to find out what is going on, the gentleman asked for more information regarding File Numbers etc which I have sent today.
Excellent! I hope they get some swift action!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Heads up for all those dealing with BC MSP!!

Last month, I sent off the forms to add my partner to my MSP. As per the info on their website about PR applicants, the waiting period was to be waived. Called last week to see if it had been processed and was told it had and that coverage would start June 1st. I kicked off, said the waiting period was supposed to be waived etc. Spoke to a few people over the next few days who seemed to have no idea what they were doing, so I finally flipped out big time, mentioned the word "discrimination" and demanded an immediate callback from a supervisor. I then wrote a 2.5 page complaint letter to the Minister of Health and sent that off while waiting. A few hours later, the MSP supervisor called me, apologizing profusely for the confusion, it's a complicated situation, blah blah, the staff handled it wrong, blah blah. Not only did she waive the waiting period but she asked if he had received any medical care before that, as she would backdate his coverage further to cover that.

If you fit the info here http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf and they still try to make you serve the waiting period, HAMMER at them until you get to a supervisor. If they still don't, msg me and I will give you the direct contact details for the supervisor that I dealt with.

Most importantly, apply RIGHT AFTER ARRIVAL, even if you are not yet a PR. This supervisor said that my partner was actually entitled to coverage much earlier, that we should have sent the forms in when he first came to Canada as a PR applicant. When I told her that was the EXACT opposite of what I had been told by other MSP staff, she just started apologizing again.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:
Just a wee update!

great! that's nice that your MP is one that is willing to actually contact immigration - not all will do it! hopefully you get more news that way!
canuck_in_uk said:

Last month, I sent off the forms to add my partner to my MSP. As per the info on their website about PR applicants, the waiting period was to be waived. Called last week to see if it had been processed and was told it had and that coverage would start June 1st. I kicked off, said the waiting period was supposed to be waived etc. Spoke to a few people over the next few days who seemed to have no idea what they were doing, so I finally flipped out big time, mentioned the word "discrimination" and demanded an immediate callback from a supervisor. I then wrote a 2.5 page complaint letter to the Minister of Health and sent that off while waiting. A few hours later, the MSP supervisor called me, apologizing profusely for the confusion, it's a complicated situation, blah blah, the staff handled it wrong, blah blah. Not only did she waive the waiting period but she asked if he had received any medical care before that, as she would backdate his coverage further to cover that.

If you fit the info here http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf and they still try to make you serve the waiting period, HAMMER at them until you get to a supervisor. If they still don't, msg me and I will give you the direct contact details for the supervisor that I dealt with.

Most importantly, apply RIGHT AFTER ARRIVAL, even if you are not yet a PR. This supervisor said that my partner was actually entitled to coverage much earlier, that we should have sent the forms in when he first came to Canada as a PR applicant. When I told her that was the EXACT opposite of what I had been told by other MSP staff, she just started apologizing again.
indeed - same happened to me. I sent the request, and ask for the period to be waived, but they didn't. I didn't have the info at that time, so I took a private insurance etc.
The "waiting period" is actually not waived but it starts from when CIC receives your application. So you can use the sponsor approval letter as a proof, and your coverage should start 2 months + remaining of the application month after that. I would have qualified for MSP on arrival... but well, I didn't know the rule... oh well!

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Swedish citizen said:
So did we! I try to see that as positive, but it actually freaks me out that they need more information...
We're still Application Received too. My days off are Tues/Wed so I guess they will be spent gathering info for CIC - not like I had other plans for my weekend or anything :p

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Swedish citizen said:
what more information did they ask for? If you don't mind me asking.

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
canuck_in_uk said:

I'm so sorry to hear this, did they sort it out at last?! I will need to check what goes for Quebec :S I'm currently on a private insurance.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
SwedentoQuebec said:
what more information did they ask for? If you don't mind me asking.
what about you ? where you also ask for more information ? Anyway it's a good sign, it means that they are working on your file! lycka til!
Sverige!

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Sweden said:
what about you ? where you also ask for more information ? Anyway it's a good sign, it means that they are working on your file! lycka til!
Sverige!
no I haven't heard from them at all and I'm getting kind of anxious since people after me on the spreadsheet are getting DM or being asked for more info. I don't know what to think... anyway I'm reaching my 150 days after sponsor approval on Friday... So fingers crossed this week!!!

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Sweden said:
Sverige!
I´ve been asked to pay the permanent residence fee, but I did that in December, so I guess I just have to send the receipt to Mississauga again. Next thing was the travel documentation, I was so sure that I read somewhere that you don´t need to fill in that one when you apply through London. My bad! That´s a tough one, I travelled a lot in my work, but manageable.
The worst one is a period where my partner and me lived together but in an apartment that I owned when he moved in. We don´t have a single proof that we lived together, I explained why in my application but now they want proof of joint bills, tenant agreement etc. But all the bills were in my name and since I owned the apartment, he just moved in. That´s what freaks me out right now. All I can do is to explain it all over again and I´m not so sure they´ll buy that.
Anyone who knows a innovative way to proof it?