Waived
Passport Req..
05-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012
ddobro2 said:
You want the 1st, 3rd, and 4th sums in that chart, if you are sponsoring one person (spouse) only. So it's $490 + $75 + $475 total, in that order. Put a "1" in the "Number of applications" column for each of those amount; ignore everything else.
Okay so that would be under FAMILY CLASS and not the one further down with the same amounts under SPOUSE AND COMMON LAW PARTNER? Sorry, don't mean to be redundant but i reallllly wanna do this right the first time.

Thanks for all your help.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, Vegreville processes inland.
Timemachine said:
That's what i thought at first too, but this screen only comes up after you choose CPC-M as the office you are sending to...There was an option to select CPC-V also, which would be inland, wouldn't it?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
I actually disagree that saying your file is in queue for review is an improvement over saying your file is in process. Anyway......yeah, that's a typical response from the FO department, but I thought you were emailing through to someone who was part of the processing. Are you saying you get that type of response when you email the email address/es that are NOT the generic, publically listed ones?
Yes, that is what I got last week from a live person at Buffalo, and then again on Friday from one of the general emails that I'd written to a couple of weeks ago. Worded slightly differently, but essentially the same thing. No response yet to my questioning their statement that they were waiting on my meds. Here's hoping tomorrow brings either finalization or a proper response. ::)

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I hear you, though if we're not lucky enough to get any COPRs over the holidays, we'll at least get to be with our families, and you won't hear me complain about that!

(except maybe the part where my stepson will get up at 6am on Christmas Day to wake us up so he can unwrap presents. I am definitely NOT a morning person!) :eek:

Calgary-Bound said:
I hear you on the added hope for the holidays.Hopefully we all start recieveing are COPR letters and PPR's this week.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It says "spouse and common law partner in Canada," so again, no, because those are for inlanders, even though the amounts are the same. Just select the 1st, 3rd, and 4th payments in the list.
Timemachine said:
Okay so that would be under FAMILY CLASS and not the one further down with the same amounts under SPOUSE AND COMMON LAW PARTNER? Sorry, don't mean to be redundant but i reallllly wanna do this right the first time.

Thanks for all your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AmericaninQuebec said:
Just wondering if anyone else has gotten the response, "Your file is in the queue for review with an immigration officer." or something like it from Buffalo before? That's essentially what I keep getting from the various emails I've harassed the past couple of weeks. I suppose it's either an improvement over their generic "your file is in process" or just their new and exciting way of saying the same thing. Thoughts?
I don't think "your file is in queue" is any different (based on what I've seen, the two are used interchangeably). So unfortunately I think it's just another one of the standard responses that's randomly pulled out of a hat when they respond to emails. I wouldn't read too much into it...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jacobsdennis said:
I'm prepping more items of proof for our interview in a few days and am going to bring birthday, anniversary, little love notes, and so on, but I want the originals back. SHould I photocopy EVERYTHING, or can I request all that kind of proof back? Anyone know?
I would make photocopies of everything in case they ask to keep anything. We didn't have to attend an interview. However we got zero evidence back from Buffalo once my husband was approved. So I don't think they're great at giving stuff back.

Good luck this week and please let us know how it goes!!!

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
AmericaninQuebec said:
Just wondering if anyone else has gotten the response, "Your file is in the queue for review with an immigration officer." or something like it from Buffalo before? That's essentially what I keep getting from the various emails I've harassed the past couple of weeks. I suppose it's either an improvement over their generic "your file is in process" or just their new and exciting way of saying the same thing. Thoughts? I'm really hopeful it actually means my file will be reviewed (and, fingers crossed, finalized) within the next few weeks, but the cynic in my says they're just bs-ing me again. If anyone else has gotten this response from them, did it come close to the time you received your PPR? I'm so hopeful, but I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up.
That's the same answer I received with regards to my partners application.

Brief story with PPR. We were requested to pay the RPRF in early October. We did so online, sent the info to both Mississauga office. Last week I decided to call the Mississauga processing office. The told us the payment was received and acknowledgement of payment was sent to Buffalo November 1st. I guess with all the changes to the PPR policy, Buffalo's even more backlogged than usual.

Well let's hope things start to pick up in Buffalo this week :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is actually a pretty typical turnaround time for processing the RPRF. Hold on a bit more, I think you'll be done soon.
Ichiro said:
Brief story with PPR. We were requested to pay the RPRF in early October. We did so online, sent the info to both Mississauga office. Last week I decided to call the Mississauga processing office. The told us the payment was received and acknowledgement of payment was sent to Buffalo November 1st. I guess with all the changes to the PPR policy, Buffalo's even more backlogged than usual.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
hello folks,

I am looking for a advice. please let me know. i would appreciate it. I am in canada as a PR my wife is in USA in student visa. End of next week I would be out of country for 2 months. Can I submit the initial application part 1 for outland process spousal sponsorship or I may not do that because I would be out of country for 2 months. Do I have to remian in the country after submiting the sponsorships forms. Due to family reason I would be out of country for 2 months . please let me know. Thank you!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't submit the spousal sponsorship portion only. Submit both parts, every document that is required and all fees, all together. However, being a PR and not a citizen, you should technically be residing in Canada for the duration of the processing - both steps 1 and 2. So my advice is to just send it in once you are done with your 2-month trip. There are plenty of aspects of preparing the application that take a few months (waiting for a police certificate, for example), so this may not be that big of a deal anyway. For citizens, they can actually sponsor their spouses even if they are out of Canada for the entirety of the visa processing, they just need to provide evidence in the spousal sponsorship portion that they and their spouse will establish residency in Canada once the spouse gets visa.

vanwilder said:
hello folks,

I am looking for a advice. please let me know. i would appreciate it. I am in canada as a PR my wife is in USA in student visa. End of next week I would be out of country for 2 months. Can I submit the initial application part 1 for outland process spousal sponsorship or I may not do that because I would be out of country for 2 months. Do I have to remian in the country after submiting the sponsorships forms. Due to family reason I would be out of country for 2 months . please let me know. Thank you!

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
Well my husband landed yesterday at Pacific Crossing in Surrey, took 15 minutes. It's nice to be done, all we have to do now is import his car. Which is a little concerning, because we have gotten several DIFFERENT answers from several different immigration and border officers about how to go about it, and how much it will cost and how soon we have to do it. Its ranged from it will cost you nothing and you can do it whenever you want, to you have to do it within 45 days and it will cast around 250 dollars. So I dunno.

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
tulamoon said:
Well my husband landed yesterday at Pacific Crossing in Surrey, took 15 minutes. It's nice to be done, all we have to do now is import his car. Which is a little concerning, because we have gotten several DIFFERENT answers from several different immigration and border officers about how to go about it, and how much it will cost and how soon we have to do it. Its ranged from it will cost you nothing and you can do it whenever you want, to you have to do it within 45 days and it will cast around 250 dollars. So I dunno.
COngrats!!!

This is the border crossing where I will land one day, and I will be importing a car and hopefully bringing all my goods later. I'd like to go ahead and land first ASAP when I get my COPR as I live in a border town, and work in the USA (and will need to for the 3 months until I can get a PR card and Medicare).

We want to just land, then figure out about renting a UHAUL and canceling my lease in the border city, etc...

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
My wife got the following email from Buffalo last week. Is this considered an AOR? They said they received her app Aug 19 but that was when I sent it in to Mississauga.:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

UCI: X
Application No.: Y
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear X,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/08/19.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”
When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
3000 HSBC Center
Buffalo, New York
14203-2884, USA
www.buffalo.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
tulamoon said:
As far as I know you shouldn't have to pay regular import duties on the car, but I think there may be fees if the car has certain features (why is a/c coming to mind?). Obviously there are also reregistration fees, but you won't pay those at the border. I know other people have talked about importing there cars, hopefully one of them is still around and can give you further guidance.