Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
***UPDATE*** Theres nothing new with my Application..

Could everyone that is applying in Damascus Update there Status every Tuesday. Or As soon as they get an email phone call or there status has changed. Thanks :)

Good luck to everyone that is applying and hope soon that we well hear something.......

PS.SHAKFTO

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
i spoke with my PM today and she told me that Damascus received my application on October 7th, and reviewed it on December 14th and now are just working on the background check. Does anyone know how long the background check???? And also what is a background check?? What do they do???

Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Selena said:
i spoke with my PM today and she told me that Damascus received my application on October 7th, and reviewed it on December 14th and now are just working on the background check. Does anyone know how long the background check???? And also what is a background check?? What do they do???
Hello Selena. I found this On a website about Background Checks Hope it helps......

Police Certificates/Security Checks
A requirement in the Canadian Immigration process is the necessity of submission of security clearances. This requirement is divided into two sections:

Police Certificates

Each Canadian Permanent Resident applicant over the age of 18 is required to provide proof that he/she has no criminal record. A police clearance must be obtained from every country where the applicant has resided for more than 6 months since their 18th birthday.

Most countries, with a few exceptions, issue police clearances. These clearances are sometimes referred to as “Certificates of Good Conduct” or Certificates of “No-Criminal Activity” and are usually valid for an average of 6 months. These certificates must be valid at the time of issuance of the Permanent Resident Visa. If the police certificates expire before the Permanent Resident Visa is issued, the applicant will be required to obtain a new set of clearances.

Obtaining a police certificate is the responsibility of each applicant and Canadian Immigration is unlikely to issue a Permanent Resident Visa until such time as the required police clearances are obtained and submitted.

Security Clearance/ Background Checks

Background checks are carried out on every Permanent Resident applicant over the age of 18. These checks are used to identify criminals and known security threats (espionage, subversion or terrorism). To ensure that the protection and safety of Canada is maintained, various sources are consulted for the completion of background checks, including but not limited to visa application forms, intelligence information, criminal conviction records and immigration records.

Once all information is received, it is carefully reviewed to determine the likeliness that the applicant is a threat to Canadian security. If any questions or concerns arise a Security Interview will be scheduled in order that the Immigration Officer may discuss these findings with the applicant. Failure to pass the background check is grounds for an immediate refusal of the Permanent Resident Application.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in conjunction with the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) administers the background checks. Since Canadian officials confer with other governments, departments and/or organization it may take several months for the completion of the background checks.

A PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA CANNOT BE ISSUED UNTIL SUCH TIME AS THE BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE CLEARED.

APPLICANTS CAN BE REFUSED FOR
- CRIMINAL INADMISSIBILITY.

Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
***UPDATE*** Nothing new with my application status.

Anyone got anything new to report.

PS.Shkafto

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing new,still the same "In process" :( :'( :'(

jordan30

Nov 10, 2009
Hi , I am new here but still dont fill my application yet, cuze i have few qs( in the 2nd page ) and i dont get help much in this forum , and i would like to be in contact with you cuze my process will be in Damascus soon inshaa Allah.

Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jordan30 said:
Hi , I am new here but still dont fill my application yet, cuze i have few qs( in the 2nd page ) and i dont get help much in this forum , and i would like to be in contact with you cuze my process will be in Damascus soon inshaa Allah.
Welcome.. How come you haven't filled your application yet ? and if someone knows your questions they can try to help you. :D

Good Luck and keep us posted Welcome to the Damascus ( In Process ) Thread.

PS. Shkafto

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm going crazy,there is not any update from Damascus :( :(

Times

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Spring M long time no see!! how are you doing with your file so far? don't worry your turn will come.

About background checks they shouldn't take that long, maybe a month or 2 the most.

Good luck everyone! ;D

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Times
my file is still in process! :( :( :'(

Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
***UPDATE*** Nothing new with my application status..

Hello People Thanks for Keeping This Thread updated. Just to update you guys I'm in my 4th Month now. I hope everyone will hear somthing in March good luck to everyone that is waiting.... :D

PS.Shkafto

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing new :( still waiting.

It is 131 days from sending my application to CIC and 103 days from starting the PR process in Damascus.