Doc's Request.
02-09-2009
AOR Received.
29-09-2009
File Transfer...
29-09-2009
Passport Req..
17-03-2010
You need to get your sponsor in Canada to call their own MP. Each area has their own and you need to contact the one assigned to your sponsors area.

it all depends where you live. go to their website and find their contact details online.
keep on calling until you get through. thats what my wife did.

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
gkarayiannis, I am the sponsor. I am sponsoring my husband, but I am also currently living with him in Lebanon until he gets his visa. I can get my sister to call, she is in Canada. What is the website?? THnx

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody

Today they ask me to fill a form. I think this is security check ;)

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
gkarayiannis, sorry to bother you but plzzzzzzzzzzz can you get me the website for MP. I am from Calgary Alberta Canada. I really need to ask about my application becuz it has been almost 4 months in Damacus, and I emailed them the other day asking if they have receive my Medical and they said yes, so I dont undstand whats taking sooooooooo long. Its really frustrating!!! Thankyou and again sorry for bugging yah!!

tonychrbl

Jan 20, 2010
Selena, check this link: http://webinfo.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/MainMPsCompleteList.aspx?TimePeriod=Current&Language=E
It might help.

You can also send your MP an email, no need to call.
Good luck for your husband.

gkarayiannis

Jun 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2009
Doc's Request.
02-09-2009
AOR Received.
29-09-2009
File Transfer...
29-09-2009
Passport Req..
17-03-2010
apologies for not replying on time, i was away on business. The website given above is a good indication to find who is your mp.

I tried emails but no reply from them that is why i said call them. Maybe your mp is more internet savvy :)

Good luck and please let me know if i can help as well.

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Thank you both for your help. Let me know plz if anything new occurs with you. Again thanx alot!! :D

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
okay, soooooooooooo I called my MP and she told me they could not help. I dont get it?? Can anyone give me more info on where I should call??? I am from Calgary Alberta, Canada.

gkarayiannis

Jun 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2009
Doc's Request.
02-09-2009
AOR Received.
29-09-2009
File Transfer...
29-09-2009
Passport Req..
17-03-2010
I dont understand how bad some people can be, when my wife called her MP the lady in charge was very polite and helpfull and got back to my wife within 2 hours. I guess it all has to do if they want to help or not. I dont know if it is in their duties to help or a choice. I am sorry to hear they did not help. If i was you i would call another one and just say you live in their area, they do not check...

Good luck

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Ok sooooooooo, I called my MP and she helped me out and she said she would email me with some info, butttttt she hasnt emailed me yet, so does this mean because it is Friday, she couldnt get any info???

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2days ago I received a mail from Damascus.they asked me to fill the form below.
does anybody know what is this form and how long does it take for me to receive passport request?

TRAVEL HISTORY
1. How many passports have you had, including the one you currently hold? ___
2. Please list all the countries that you visited and that you have lived in over the past 10 years.
EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
3. What is the highest level of study you have reached?
Please specify the organization, dates and positions held.
6. Have you ever held a position in any government or state enterprise? (E.g. mayor, Member of Parliament, counselor, judge, managing director, etc). When and where?
7. Have you ever been employed by a government or political party in a position of responsibility or supervision? (e.g. hospital administrator, police officer, elections official, etc)
MILITARY SERVICE
Note: All immigration applicants must submit official military service completion or exemption certificates.
8. Did you serve in any militia, army, defense, or police unit (including obligatory national service, reserve or volunteer units)?
Yes No If no, please explain: ______________________________________________
9. Where were you stationed? (Please provide dates, ranks, units and locations)
10. What were your duties most of the time? (eg. infantryman, artillery, military policeman, radio operator, driver, other) Please describe in detail.
11. What training did you receive?
12. Under what circumstances did your service end? (E.g. completed service, deserted, invalidated out, medical problems, etc)
13. Did you ever participate in any form of combat?
Yes No
14. If yes, describe details and include specific dates and locations.
Use a separate sheet.
15. Have you ever witnessed or participated in ill treatment of prisoners or civilians, looting or desecration of religious buildings? If yes, describe the circumstances.

Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spring.m said:
2days ago I received a mail from Damascus.they asked me to fill the form below.
does anybody know what is this form and how long does it take for me to receive passport request?

TRAVEL HISTORY
1. How many passports have you had, including the one you currently hold? ___
2. Please list all the countries that you visited and that you have lived in over the past 10 years.
EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
3. What is the highest level of study you have reached?
Please specify the organization, dates and positions held.
6. Have you ever held a position in any government or state enterprise? (E.g. mayor, Member of Parliament, counselor, judge, managing director, etc). When and where?
7. Have you ever been employed by a government or political party in a position of responsibility or supervision? (e.g. hospital administrator, police officer, elections official, etc)
MILITARY SERVICE
Note: All immigration applicants must submit official military service completion or exemption certificates.
8. Did you serve in any militia, army, defense, or police unit (including obligatory national service, reserve or volunteer units)?
Yes No If no, please explain: ______________________________________________
9. Where were you stationed? (Please provide dates, ranks, units and locations)
10. What were your duties most of the time? (eg. infantryman, artillery, military policeman, radio operator, driver, other) Please describe in detail.
11. What training did you receive?
12. Under what circumstances did your service end? (E.g. completed service, deserted, invalidated out, medical problems, etc)
13. Did you ever participate in any form of combat?
Yes No
14. If yes, describe details and include specific dates and locations.
Use a separate sheet.
15. Have you ever witnessed or participated in ill treatment of prisoners or civilians, looting or desecration of religious buildings? If yes, describe the circumstances.
hello spring.m. some of your questions that you are looking for are in ( Part 3: The region specific forms of the application forms).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#region

you did send them that didnt you?

Hope that helps

PS Shkafto.

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi shkafto.
thanks for ur help.
yes, I sent them immediately.

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to know how long does it take for me to receive passport request after background check?