Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonychrbl Holy why is your case taking so long. did you call them email. and what are your timelines hope they say something soon thats a long time.

tonychrbl

Jan 20, 2010
That's what i was wondering (too much time to process my app.)
They won't give you any info. on the phone and they don't transfer you to the federal office.
All they say, send an email or a fax but this is useless.
Tens of emails sent and faxes as well with no response.
I wonder why this policy and why they don't inform you about your application status??

gkarayiannis

Jun 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2009
Doc's Request.
02-09-2009
AOR Received.
29-09-2009
File Transfer...
29-09-2009
Passport Req..
17-03-2010
Hello,

I wanted to share something i just found out about medicals.

I read here in the forum that if you call your MP, they can find out what is going on with your case.

I asked my wife(she is the canadian sponsor) to call and she did. Each MP office has a person in charge for this matters. The lady took all of our case info and said she will look into it. 1 hour later she called back saying that our case is in Damascus (which we knew) and that is almost done, they are only missing the medicals which never reached them. She also said that she was informed that our case looks very good and that they only need the medicals.

I called this morning the doctor that performed the tests and in a very relaxed tone said "yes, i have your tests here on my desk, call me back in two hours since i am a bit busy now". This is crazy, since i finished my medical test in august and i was under the impression that they (the doctor) had to send the report upon receipt.

My advise, follow up on your medicals and call your MPs for their assistance.

Regards,

gkarayiannis

tonychrbl

Jan 20, 2010
Thank you for sharing.

Indeed a crazy doctor!!!
You were lucky to get this back on the right track.
I got my CSQ, my file showing "In process" on the website and i guess the next step is to wait for the medical request
It might be a silly question, but what is an MP?

gkarayiannis

Jun 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2009
Doc's Request.
02-09-2009
AOR Received.
29-09-2009
File Transfer...
29-09-2009
Passport Req..
17-03-2010
My friend if you are moving to canada you need to learn all this... ;D

MP Member of Parliament

We need to start reading all this for when we apply for citizenship :)

Gkarayiannis

Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to Update everyone that is Applying in Damascus.

I have reached 3 months ;D I hope everyone that has applyed well get there Visa's soon Good Luck :D
anyone got any new updates ?

PS. Shkafto.

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no news :(
I have reached 101 days from sending my application to Missisauga and 71 days from starting my PR process in Damascus!!!! :(

tonychrbl

Jan 20, 2010
As an update, I called the MP and they responded back that the query is in its normal phase and that it might take up to 15months (from the day the immigration file is in Federal office).

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Why so long Tony?? So I can call my MP and they will be able to tellme where my application is at?? Because on Feb. 7, it will be 4 months in Damascus and I havent heard nething yet???????

Shkafto

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tony can we get your timelines. With visa offlice And why is your case taking so long?

tonychrbl

Jan 20, 2010
It was in May, 2008 when i did the interview in DAMAS.
In September 2008, i got married and added my wife to my file (not sure if this is the reason for the delay)
In January 2009, my wife and i got the CSQ.
In March 2009, the process started at the Federal office.

As an advice, if you call the embassy, they will tell you to send an email or a fax to the federal office but that will be a loose less.
If you are eager to know the status of your file, just call your MP.
My MP informed me that my file is taking the normal process and that might take up to 15 months.