+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
I'm going to email Sydney later in the month to inform them of the situation. Not that they care but more interested once the visa is approved can I just go to my nearest embassy in Ontario to deal with PPR and CoPR (then do a border exit/entry) or do I have to send everything to Sydney, or does sydney transfer everything back to Canada. All very interesting.

I know at the border they will ask the standard question "If you visa is not approved, what proof do you have now you will leave" as we are on a oneway ticket etc. My only answer is I will leave Canada to reapply so i can re enter later without problems. I hope thats enough...
If you are to get PPR when you are in Canada, you can send your passport to the nearest VO. If you are going to Ontario, it is Ottawa VO that will process your CoPR. I know of a relative who did that, so you should be fine with that. Good luck! Hope everything works out for you

Reactions: James_NZ1

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
If you are to get PPR when you are in Canada, you can send your passport to the nearest VO. If you are going to Ontario, it is Ottawa VO that will process your CoPR. I know of a relative who did that, so you should be fine with that. Good luck! Hope everything works out for you
Thank you for that. That's good news.
Did your relative enter on a visitor visa? or were the circumstances different.

michlish

Oct 22, 2015
Ottawa,Canada
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Question - how does that work? My husband is being processed in Sydney but has been living in Canada since end of 2014 with me. Can you send ours to the Ottawa VO and not have to do the border thing?

Reactions: WorkerInCanada123

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Question - how does that work? My husband is being processed in Sydney but has been living in Canada since end of 2014 with me. Can you send ours to the Ottawa VO and not have to do the border thing?
I'm curious to know the same thing. We're also living in Canada but applied outland and have our application being processed at the Sydney VO. I was under the impression that as it was transferred to Sydney they are responsible for handling all aspects of our processing?

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Congratulations! Our ECAS changed to "We sent you correspondence on the 22nd of March etc" but not PPR. How did you receive the request? GCkey or email?
Hey same thibg happened to us!! I sent an email to sydney immigration with “Urgent” in the subject line explaining this and they replied with attached documents instantly!!

You should get yours soon!! Congratulations

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Within the PPR, there is an option to submit your documents to Ottawa processing centre if you live in Canada. It says in the passport request with all information. So you will be good. You can just follow the instructions and submit it in Canada