+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
I submitted my PCC around the same time as you. Still waiting. I got an email to say they received it around the 31 Jan so hoping for DM soon!
Hi James,

Yeah I remember! I hope you get DM soon as well!

Btw, I suggest ordering GCMS notes if you haven't done so already. We submitted the request of GCMS notes 3-4 days ago, and within a day or so we got background check in process and now DM. It might be just coincidental, but doesn't hurt to try.
I have heard that when you request GCMS notes, the request goes to the officer taking care of your application, so may be kind of pushes it up. I might be wrong, though.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Hi James,

Btw, I suggest ordering GCMS notes if you haven't done so already. We submitted the request of GCMS notes 3-4 days ago, and within a day or so we got background check in process and now DM. It might be just coincidental, but doesn't hurt to try.
I have heard that when you request GCMS notes, the request goes to the officer taking care of your application, so may be kind of pushes it up. I might be wrong, though.
I'll wait another month before requesting notes. They do have 12 months to process everything If it's not a coincidence and you got DM naturally (without the notes request) then I shouldn't be to far behind you...

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
Hi James,

Well I hope you are wrong and impatient people that slow down the officer trying to process applications whilst dealing with constant requests for notes don't get to jump the queue. I guess my view is that I'm not more important than everyone else that is also patiently waiting for their application. Some people might view it different and feel they should get to be 'pushed up' in the queue.

Reactions: James_NZ1

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Well I hope you are wrong and impatient people that slow down the officer trying to process applications whilst dealing with constant requests for notes don't get to jump the queue. I guess my view is that I'm not more important than everyone else that is also patiently waiting for their application. Some people might view it different and feel they should get to be 'pushed up' in the queue.
I agree. The expectation is 12 months. After 12 months start freaking out. Within the 12 month expectations need to be kept low. although some get done within the 12 months (some done in 6 - 7 months) doesn't mean everyone else should get 6 months expectation.

Reactions: mike06

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
I didn't apply for notes because my application is more important than others nor because I wanted to "push up" my application ahead of others. I applied because I wanted to know the details of my application. I'm not 100% sure about the "push up" application idea attached with ordering GCMS notes. I just found it coincidental. That's all. Just trying to help someone here.

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
I'll wait another month before requesting notes. They do have 12 months to process everything If it's not a coincidence and you got DM naturally (without the notes request) then I shouldn't be to far behind you...
Yeah i'm sure it's just coincidental. Also, GCMS notes come after 30 days, so probably they haven't even received my request in the queue yet.

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Can I just ask what PPC's these were? You didn't submit them upfront or after the request with Schedule A?
My husband is from India, so we did send PCC for India with Schedule A & we also submitted consent form to release NZ PCC with schedule A.
but for some reason, we got a request from Sydney VO to submit NZ PCC

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
My husband is from India, so we did send PCC for India with Schedule A & we also submitted consent form to release NZ PCC with schedule A.
but for some reason, we got a request from Sydney VO to submit NZ PCC
A few others got that as well. When i questioned them about "I completed this form can you explain why I'm doing it again?" i was met with a "Please email the form to us once received from NZ Police" reply from Sydney VO

The forms we have submitted with Schedule A that give them authority to request this information on our behalf appears to be redundant now and we request the information and send it them instead.

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
A few others got that as well. When i questioned them about "I completed this form can you explain why I'm doing it again?" i was met with a "Please email the form to us once received from NZ Police" reply from Sydney VO

The forms we have submitted with Schedule A that give them authority to request this information on our behalf appears to be redundant now and we request the information and send it them instead.
Thanks for the information :)

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Thanks for the information :)
To go back on the CIC website and get all the info is to much but hope this helps for future applicants.

Before July 2017 you completed a "schedule a and a consent to disclose information" which was sent along with your application. What the Sydney VO would do is use all that information to complete a NZ Police check on your behalf. This check that Sydney VO was doing is a background check that is typically done for school teachers, police officers and so on. At some point NZ police has said "yeah, na" and A Ministry of Justice background check is all that is now required. This new procedure likely came into effect sometime around October 2017. So when you get an email stating you need to get a background check from Ministry of Justice but already sent a disclosure of information , this is why. My advice is to send your application away normally and request your background check at the same time - email sydney VO and ask if they want the background check now or later and go from there.

Hopefully this makes sense for future applicants.

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
My husband's working holiday visa got approved recently and we are now set for him to move to Canada in May and then submit an inland application (I know this thread is for outland apps) while he is there so that he can work while waiting for his OWP to come through. I have a couple of questions regarding his police check. As part of his working holiday visa app, we had to obtain a police check. We did so in Jan 2018. Is there any way in which that police check will still be valid for when I sponsor him as my spouse at around the end of the year? Should he just order another police check just before he leaves Aus to be safe?

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
My husband's working holiday visa got approved recently and we are now set for him to move to Canada in May and then submit an inland application (I know this thread is for outland apps) while he is there so that he can work while waiting for his OWP to come through. I have a couple of questions regarding his police check. As part of his working holiday visa app, we had to obtain a police check. We did so in Jan 2018. Is there any way in which that police check will still be valid for when I sponsor him as my spouse at around the end of the year? Should he just order another police check just before he leaves Aus to be safe?
I would just wait until you're ready to submit the Inland application to request an updated police check. They don't take too long to request.

KiwiNate

May 20, 2017
New Zealand
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
Hey everyone, got my COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) papers in the mail from Sydney last week.

10 months from when app was first received in Ottawa to now. Flying to Toronto next month.

Hope you all get yours soon as well.

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Hey everyone, got my COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) papers in the mail from Sydney last week.

10 months from when app was first received in Ottawa to now. Flying to Toronto next month.

Hope you all get yours soon as well.
Congratulations! Have a safe journey to Toronto!

Do you know the time difference between Decision Made and PPR for your application?