+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
I'm curious to know the same thing. We're also living in Canada but applied outland and have our application being processed at the Sydney VO. I was under the impression that as it was transferred to Sydney they are responsible for handling all aspects of our processing?
You have an option to submit it in Canada if you live in Canada. It will be part of your PPR

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hey same thibg happened to us!! I sent an email to sydney immigration with “Urgent” in the subject line explaining this and they replied with attached documents instantly!!

You should get yours soon!! Congratulations
Thanks for the reply, we did just that! emailed them, wonder why gckey lags behind. Good luck with finalising your process!

michlish

Oct 22, 2015
Ottawa,Canada
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Within the PPR, there is an option to submit your documents to Ottawa processing centre if you live in Canada. It says in the passport request with all information. So you will be good. You can just follow the instructions and submit it in Canada
Awesome! I had no idea. Thanks so much for the info!

KiwiNate

May 20, 2017
New Zealand
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
I'm going to email Sydney later in the month to inform them of the situation. Not that they care but more interested once the visa is approved can I just go to my nearest embassy in Ontario to deal with PPR and CoPR (then do a border exit/entry) or do I have to send everything to Sydney, or does sydney transfer everything back to Canada. All very interesting.

I know at the border they will ask the standard question "If you visa is not approved, what proof do you have now you will leave" as we are on a oneway ticket etc. My only answer is I will leave Canada to reapply so i can re enter later without problems. I hope thats enough...
Your PPR from Sydney will have your NZ address on it. If your address changes, then yes, you definitely have to advise them. I reckon you'll have your PPR by May, but it then takes about another month to get your COPR once you've sent them the photos, etc.

Sydney is your VO. Which means they'll have to post everything to you in Canada. You can then organise an appointment at your nearest immigration centre or airport to confirm the actual PR landing.

I'd definitely email sydney now and outline your intentions. They may say that to travel without docs will be at your risk, so it's your call.

Last edited:

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
Got PPR today!! Never been so happy in my life.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive COPR from Sydney? I saw KiwiNate state maybe a month or does this vary?

I had already booked flights to go Canada on 20 April 2018 and just wondering if I'd receive it back in NZ before I left if I sent it ASAP?

Alternatively I could send it to Ottawa VO once I land but would like it before I go, preferrably.

Anyone dealt with the Sydney VO via email or phone? Are they responsive?

Lastly, I was thinking of just flying to Sydney to get it sorted? Has anyone come across anyone that's done this?

Sorry for all the questions guys.

Thanks!

Reactions: Canadian.In.NZ.

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Yes he would need police clearance from the AFP - I was in the same boat and had to provide NZ & Australian police reports.

Hey congrats on your PPR!!

Just wondering about the AFP, how long did it take to process when you did it? We've been requested yesterday to send one in, ordered it but now just curious about the turnaround time.

Trndeep

Feb 16, 2018
Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
App. Filed.......
12/01/2017
AOR Received.
19/04/2017
File Transfer...
23/05/2017
Med's Request
11/12/2017
Med's Done....
14/01/2018
it's 3 weeks now that we got DM on ECAS. still no sign of PPR. getting tired of waiting now
Hi
Have you got PPR email?
I also got DM in ECas on 2nd March but no PPR till now......

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Hi
Have you got PPR email?
I also got DM in ECas on 2nd March but no PPR till now......
Hi, yeah we got PPR after 3 weeks of waiting after DM.
my suggestion is to email sydney with URGENT in the subject line, and ask how long it may take since it's been more than a month for you.
They were pretty quick with replying. about a day or 2, I usually get a response. Sometimes, within minutes/hours. Good luck. I hope you get it soon!

Also, in our situation, they had sent the PPR to my husband's email (PA) but he never received the email. Luckily I checked ECAS, and it had said that they have sent a correspondence on March 22, blah blah. and I could tell it was PPR. So check your ECAS. It is possible, you never got the email that they had sent.