+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey everyone, got my COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) papers in the mail from Sydney last week.

10 months from when app was first received in Ottawa to now. Flying to Toronto next month.

Hope you all get yours soon as well.
Congrats!! All the best with your landing and new life in the Great White North!

Reactions: KiwiNate

KiwiNate

May 20, 2017
New Zealand
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
Congratulations! Have a safe journey to Toronto!

Do you know the time difference between Decision Made and PPR for your application?
Maybe a fortnight? I never linked my app to CIC though, so wasn't exactly checking things daily or even weekly. Just got an email one day asking for a copy of my PP.

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey everyone, got my COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) papers in the mail from Sydney last week.

10 months from when app was first received in Ottawa to now. Flying to Toronto next month.

Hope you all get yours soon as well.

Hey, sorry for the stupid question but just wondering, when you had to send photocopies of your passport pages, what did you use as your pre-paid return envelope?

PA and I are living in NZ and we're assuming Mississauga will have him send them to Sydney when the time comes. If so, do you know if can we send a pre-paid DHL envelope? We're both unfamiliar with post methods that would work from Aus to NZ.

Thanks

Edit: Ok never mind, I just found your post about them emailing you back about your inquiry about this. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: KiwiNate

michlish

Oct 22, 2015
Ottawa,Canada
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Decision Made on ECAS today!!!! woooooooo. June 30 applicants. no email and nothing on gc key yet. Anyone know if we have to send in passport photos along with copy of passport when we get PPR? Worth getting photos done this week?

Reactions: dhvanixox

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
Decision Made on ECAS today!!!! woooooooo. June 30 applicants. no email and nothing on gc key yet. Anyone know if we have to send in passport photos along with copy of passport when we get PPR? Worth getting photos done this week?
Congrats! Took a couple of weeks before I got next instructions after DM but I just had to send in photocopy of passport, and two pictures, same as the application pictures, and a paid self addressed envelope. I'm an Australian applicant.

Reactions: fireal.jon

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
congratess!! please update when you get your PPR. Still waiting on ours.

fireal.jon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Kelowna, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
PPR for visa exempt countries (ie Australia) only requires a photocopy of your passport bio page and 2 photos meeting stated specifications (you will get this info in the PPR email). The link they give is https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445eb-e.pdf

You also need a self addressed envelope for CoPR to be returned in and a form that comes with the email cryptically called 'Annex A' Its just a form with your name and address details. Very simple.

michlish

Oct 22, 2015
Ottawa,Canada
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
30-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
congratess!! please update when you get your PPR. Still waiting on ours.
yeah for sure, ill update then! know it can be a bit of a wait so not getting my hopes up for anytime super soon

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
I've just received a request to provide additional information - yet again. This time I require a full history report from VicRoads - don't know why these pricks don't ask for this up front. So frustrating. Had radio silence from November-March, obviously taken them 4 months to decide it was required. Anyway rant over. Plus side is that at least someone is looking at my application.

Reactions: Canadian.In.NZ.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
I've just received a request to provide additional information - yet again. This time I require a full history report from VicRoads - don't know why these pricks don't ask for this up front. So frustrating. Had radio silence from November-March, obviously taken them 4 months to decide it was required. Anyway rant over. Plus side is that at least someone is looking at my application.
I've been on Radio silence since January and I'm at the BGC IP. We leave for Canada in May for a holiday as my fiance's NZ visa expires in May. I'll be entering Canada on a visitor visa if our PR visa is not issued by the time we leave. We booked tickets at our own risk so I'm hoping I can get into Canada on a visitor visa while application is still in progress. I get a sense that there are three staff working on 30 or more applications which highlights a government organisation wqrking under pressure and emails i get back from them are two or three words.. so frustrating.

Last edited:

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017
I've been on Radio silence since January and I'm at the BGC IP. We leave for Canada in May for a holiday as my fiance's NZ visa expires in May. I'll be entering Canada on a visitor visa if our PR visa is not issued by the time we leave. We booked tickets at our own risk so I'm hoping I can get into Canada on a visitor visa while application is still in progress. I get a sense that there are three staff working on 30 or more applications which highlights a government organisation wqrking under pressure and emails i get back from them are two or three words.. so frustrating.
You should be all good even if your PR doesn't come through in time - just make sure you demonstrate enough funds to stay there for say 3 months and they'll leave you alone.

I leave for Canada in April for my twin girls first birthday, contemplating just riding out the process there.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
You should be all good even if your PR doesn't come through in time - just make sure you demonstrate enough funds to stay there for say 3 months and they'll leave you alone.

I leave for Canada in April for my twin girls first birthday, contemplating just riding out the process there.
I'm going to email Sydney later in the month to inform them of the situation. Not that they care but more interested once the visa is approved can I just go to my nearest embassy in Ontario to deal with PPR and CoPR (then do a border exit/entry) or do I have to send everything to Sydney, or does sydney transfer everything back to Canada. All very interesting.

I know at the border they will ask the standard question "If you visa is not approved, what proof do you have now you will leave" as we are on a oneway ticket etc. My only answer is I will leave Canada to reapply so i can re enter later without problems. I hope thats enough...