Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
I can't use an aussie courier to send from nz and I can't use a kiwi courier to send from Aus....

I'm a May applicant. Took a bit longer as I needed RCMP clearance due to working holiday visa 9 years ago. Added a month to the process. If you're July and you only have Aussie criminal check you won't be far away from PPR.

Pretty keen to send my docs away to get PR confirmed and in the bag!
Congrats. Please let us know how this whole prepaid courier thing works out. Have you emailed or called CIC Sydney to find out what previous applicants have used?

Hope to hear from you soon. I sent my NZ police background check on Monday so I'm hoping a few more weeks and its all done!

KiwiNate

May 20, 2017
New Zealand
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
Congrats. Please let us know how this whole prepaid courier thing works out. Have you emailed or called CIC Sydney to find out what previous applicants have used?

Hope to hear from you soon. I sent my NZ police background check on Monday so I'm hoping a few more weeks and its all done!
Yep, I called the Sydney office but they refused to deal with it. You have to email (which I did with no reply....)

KiwiNate

May 20, 2017
New Zealand
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
So this morning just before I was bout to head to the courier, an email arrives from Sydney CIC:

----------------------------

Dear KiwiNate,

You are not required to submit your actual passport. And that would mean you do not need to submit a prepaid envelope.
Since you hold a New Zealand Passport, a photocopy of your bio page and two photos are all that's required.

We will return your Permanent Resident Visa to you by normal post.

Regards,

Immigration Sydney

------------------------------------

Which is great, but if they had've just put that on the initial PPR they could've avoided much confusion..... Anyway- there you have it.... one-way post to Aussie and they'll send back at their cost :D

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
So this morning just before I was bout to head to the courier, an email arrives from Sydney CIC:

----------------------------

Dear KiwiNate,

You are not required to submit your actual passport. And that would mean you do not need to submit a prepaid envelope.
Since you hold a New Zealand Passport, a photocopy of your bio page and two photos are all that's required.

We will return your Permanent Resident Visa to you by normal post.

Regards,

Immigration Sydney

------------------------------------

Which is great, but if they had've just put that on the initial PPR they could've avoided much confusion..... Anyway- there you have it.... one-way post to Aussie and they'll send back at their cost :D
Thank you for providing this information. Will help us all out in the coming months. I think customer service is not at the forefront of their job description and their emails are certainty brief.

Are the photos the same requirements as the initial photos sent?

Thanks
James

fauxkiwi

Sep 12, 2017
Hey! Wanted to update that our ecas has changed to DM last weekend, and haven't gotten anything all week. After a call to the call centre all I got was "I can see all the assessments have been passed, so that generally means they're in process of approving it". So...yaay? Does anyone know the usual timeframe for Sydney between DM and COPR?

Reactions: Canadian.In.NZ.

mike06

Jun 5, 2017
Just checked on ecas after reading these posts and I have decision made on mine as well! (hopefully it's approved). I travel to Canada for three weeks in less than two weeks though so I hope it doesn't make things messy at the border or with my PR :/
Does anybody have any experience with entering Canada for a holiday before PR has had time to process? I received a good reponse from CIC about the question but there was no comment on if there is any issue with entering between DM and having the office received and processed my passport photo copy.

KiwiNate

May 20, 2017
New Zealand
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
Just checked on ecas after reading these posts and I have decision made on mine as well! (hopefully it's approved). I travel to Canada for three weeks in less than two weeks though so I hope it doesn't make things messy at the border or with my PR :/
Does anybody have any experience with entering Canada for a holiday before PR has had time to process? I received a good reponse from CIC about the question but there was no comment on if there is any issue with entering between DM and having the office received and processed my passport photo copy.
Take your papers to show the PR app is in the final stages (print ecas, etc.) They tend to be pretty lenient when they know your PR approval is imminent, apparently.

linnykez

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06/09/2017
Doc's Request.
15-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
File Transfer...
06-11-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018
Hi Everyone,
I got PPR request on 28th Nov and I sent the required documents on 29th Nov to Consulate of Canada Sydney.

Can anyone please share their experience how long did they take to send Permanent Residency documents? Actually, I am travelling overseas in a week and I am concerned what if they send the documents when I am away.
HEY DID U PUT UR (pa ) AND SPOUSE (CANADIAN) PASSPORT INFO ON THE DISPATCH FORM OR JUST YOURS

linnykez

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06/09/2017
Doc's Request.
15-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
File Transfer...
06-11-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018
I can't use an aussie courier to send from nz and I can't use a kiwi courier to send from Aus....

I'm a May applicant. Took a bit longer as I needed RCMP clearance due to working holiday visa 9 years ago. Added a month to the process. If you're July and you only have Aussie criminal check you won't be far away from PPR.

Pretty keen to send my docs away to get PR confirmed and in the bag!
DID U PUT YOUR PA PASSPORT INFO ONLY OR YOUR SPOUSE COPY OF PASSPORT TOO??

linnykez

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06/09/2017
Doc's Request.
15-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
File Transfer...
06-11-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018

linnykez

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06/09/2017
Doc's Request.
15-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
File Transfer...
06-11-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018
Hi Everyone,
I got PPR request on 28th Nov and I sent the required documents on 29th Nov to Consulate of Canada Sydney.

Can anyone please share their experience how long did they take to send Permanent Residency documents? Actually, I am travelling overseas in a week and I am concerned what if they send the documents when I am away.
yeh im wondering the same... sent PPR to sydney awaiting COPR ... they recieved it fri 2/2/18

montague

May 19, 2017
Timeline update

18 Jan 2017: Received application for permanent residence
7 Dec 2017: Got DM change in ECAS. Heard nothing for 3 weeks. Emailed them. Nothing.
9 Jan 2018: Apparently emailed final PPR package to receive COPR. Never got the email - think straight to spam folder and deleted!!!
17 Jan 2018: After some back and forth as to WTF is going on (Wifey was about to board a plane to Sydney and do some damage!!) got them to resend email
18 Jan: Sent package to CPC Ottawa as we're already in Canada and just outside Ottawa
9 Feb 2018: Got COPR letter
11 Feb 2018: Drove across border to US to get "flagpoled". Drove back and became a PR.

I hope others isn't as long and drawn out as ours was.
But at least it's finally all sorted.
Good luck