Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
If you need to send it off now, then use the in-law's address, and then change it once you've signed the lease.

Why wait??

Crittenden said:
Thanks for the reply, it's definitely not a dump. It's worked out well, it's a townhouse right next door to family. We have already paid the damage deposit and hold on the place. We just haven't signed the lease yet. So was unsure to update info until lease is signed?

Crittenden

May 13, 2014
Just tried to update info online. Using reciept number as a reference. Is advising that we cannot use this tool at the moment as app is not in process yet. Do they generally advise you via email that they are looking at sponsorship app? Once I know I'm active I can update info right away

beatitboss

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi folks,
Just one quick question.
I am willing to sponsor my spouse from Australia so that we can settle together in Calgary.
Now the thing is that I left Canada a long time ago and my family lives in Montreal so I have nothing in Calgary.
Provided that our application is under way - can I go to Calgary (I am the sponsor) for let's say 2-3 weeks in order to arrange housing, a new car and maybe a job?
I will be of course flying back to Australia then as my fiancee will have to 'land' with me.
But essentially the question was; can I do a quick visit of Calgary in order to arrange for basic vital needs while in the process of application?
Cheers,

Crittenden

May 13, 2014
I have recenltly made a recollection that has caused me to panic!!!!
I was working in canada on a whp, I applied for a work permit which was subsequently denied due to no limo in app. At the time of sending away the application I filled out the employment history on work permit app for 10 years prior I only stated the employment I could recollect and directly related to the position I was applying for in canada as a heavy equipment operator in alberta. Now my issue is I spent time the past 10 years working for a family business on and off and have just stated the employment timeline as the whole period as there was and still is no definitive start date and finish. I am still on the books. Now when filling out the pr app I called the Australia ATo and got a detailed history of my employment. Cic will see that the same jobs plus more were worked. 10 years is a long time and I had worked many different jobs. I am concerned it will be counted as misleading info. I can provide stat decs and history of employment from family business etc. I feel sick to my stomach and hoping this won't affect the application. Has anyone that's been approved already had this issue or going through this issue? It was nearly a year ago I applied for work permit. At the time I filled out work permit app I was being truthful to the best of my knowledge. Just left out the little jobs I worked 7-10 years ago for even only a month or two

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Hi...

What's your timeline again? I know you said you were getting married later this year in another thread.

Has the application started once you've set up shop in Calgary? What do you plan to do after you're done in Calgary?

a) Return to AU and wait for the process to be completed together?
b) Stay in Calgary to work and wait for the process to be completed while your spouse is in AU?

Make sure someone is monitoring whatever postal address you put for both the sponsor and sponsoree (principal applicant).

But I can't see why as the sponsor (and Canadian citizen) you'd be restricted in your movement within Canada! :)

beatitboss said:
Hi folks,
Just one quick question.
I am willing to sponsor my spouse from Australia so that we can settle together in Calgary.
Now the thing is that I left Canada a long time ago and my family lives in Montreal so I have nothing in Calgary.
Provided that our application is under way - can I go to Calgary (I am the sponsor) for let's say 2-3 weeks in order to arrange housing, a new car and maybe a job?
I will be of course flying back to Australia then as my fiancee will have to 'land' with me.
But essentially the question was; can I do a quick visit of Calgary in order to arrange for basic vital needs while in the process of application?
Cheers,

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Hi...

I'd like to, but I really don't know what what to say. :/ I don't want to make you believe in something that's not true because I made a mistake in another thread and I felt bad about potentially misleading someone. Thankfully someone else corrected me so no damage done, I hope.

Crittenden said:
Bubb oz. you seem to be very educated in immigrations matters. Could you please provide some input for me?

Crittenden

May 13, 2014
That's fair enough bubboz. I have been reading the in admissibility act for these matters. It would seem that these issues are on the smaller scale for cic. But no doubt they are still a concern. It will all depend on the case officer from what I read, if it does become an issue for cic they apparently need to give me an opportunity to state why this has occurred before the deny or approve my app. I have taken a look through the rest of my application as I kept a spare and everything else is spot on with timelines and proof of relationship etc. I have no criminal history for major or minor offended worldwide so I'm going to say some prayers

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
hello me again,
my partner and i applied for the conjugal visa, which we are slowly learning is ultimately going to be denied.
Wondering if we are going to be eligible applying for a common law visa whilst not living together.
We are on a vacation together as my visa ended in New Zealand and his has not come through for Canada. In a month or so I will fly home to Canada to start working and preparing for his arrival whenever that will be, and he will go back to New Zealand and we will file for common law once we have been denied. Will they accept an application from a couple that has cohabited for 1.5 years but is currently not? Or should we just get married down here and then apply for a spousal visa?
We've been a committed couple since sept 2011, living together since nov 2012
Is it known as to weather we will get our application package with all the documents in it back? We sent it certified photocopies of most things just for the fact we wanted to keep the evidence for if and when when I applied for my NZ PR, but it would be nice to be able to submit repeats of what we can.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
jeniselam said:
hello me again,
my partner and i applied for the conjugal visa, which we are slowly learning is ultimately going to be denied.
Wondering if we are going to be eligible applying for a common law visa whilst not living together.
We are on a vacation together as my visa ended in New Zealand and his has not come through for Canada. In a month or so I will fly home to Canada to start working and preparing for his arrival whenever that will be, and he will go back to New Zealand and we will file for common law once we have been denied. Will they accept an application from a couple that has cohabited for 1.5 years but is currently not? Or should we just get married down here and then apply for a spousal visa?
We've been a committed couple since sept 2011, living together since nov 2012
Is it known as to weather we will get our application package with all the documents in it back? We sent it certified photocopies of most things just for the fact we wanted to keep the evidence for if and when when I applied for my NZ PR, but it would be nice to be able to submit repeats of what we can.
Good thing you are preparing for it to be denied as there is no point in appealing it.

You definitely qualify for common law if you have lived together for 18 months, just make sure you have enough proof to show your cohabitation for at least 12 months. It doesn't matter if you apply when not living together anymore. Just don't let it take more than a month or two before you apply.
You wil not be able to use old police certs and medicals , they would have to be redone

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
Graihn said:
Good thing you are preparing for it to be denied as there is no point in appealing it.

You definitely qualify for common law if you have lived together for 18 months, just make sure you have enough proof to show your cohabitation for at least 12 months. It doesn't matter if you apply when not living together anymore. Just don't let it take more than a month or two before you apply.
You wil not be able to use old police certs and medicals , they would have to be redone
Thanks for that, we are looking at the option of getting married whilst on vacation, if we did that, would he be able to enter on a visitors visa and could we then apply for a spousal visa inland?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
jeniselam said:
Thanks for that, we are looking at the option of getting married whilst on vacation, if we did that, would he be able to enter on a visitors visa and could we then apply for a spousal visa inland?
Yes, but it will take like 4 times as long to get the visa. You can still apply outland even if you are living together in Canada. Only difference is if there is an interview (very unlikely) it would be in Sydney.

He needs to enter as a visitor, and not say he is coming to live. Just visit for 6 months. So don't bring his entire belongings over.

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
we're travelling with very little so that won't be an issue, although I have a package following me into canada of my belongings i did not want to travel. Some of his snowboard gear is with it as we plan on going back to the mountains for a while. Should that be an issue?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
jeniselam said:
we're travelling with very little so that won't be an issue, although I have a package following me into canada of my belongings i did not want to travel. Some of his snowboard gear is with it as we plan on going back to the mountains for a while. Should that be an issue?
No it wouldn't. People visit to hit the slopes.

So, re-apply outland. As common-law, or as married after your marry. Processing time is the same.

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Hi seniors,

IS there any one familiar with Australian Police Check?
I was an overseas student in Australia for 4 years. I am trying to apply for a PCC from this country.
It stated on the CIC website that I need addition document from the local traffic department regarding for traffic history record.
IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Additional requirements apply for those who lived in or currently live in the States of Queensland and/or Victoria after their 18th birthday:

Residents of Queensland must submit a Traffic History which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver's licence was issued.
Residents of Victoria must submit a Licence History Search which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver's licence was issued. Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that the person has never held a driver's licence in that state.

As I was not Australian PR(nor Citizen) and did not hold a driver license. But I had a learners permit for a period, never get on a actual drive.
Do I still need to apply for that?

Any help?

Thank you