Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
So my first tip; make sure you just get the standard disclosure not the fingerprint one, I learnt that one the hard way.

I'm assuming that you lived in VIC/ QLD at some point in your 4 years? Even if you never drove and only had your L, you will still need to apply for the traffic check. It will come back with no record obviously, but CIC still requires it. I believe it has something to do with some of the Canadian 'inadmissible crimes' being listed on our traffic checks as opposed to our criminal history ie; DUI. A 'resident' is determined as someone who spends more than 6 months in one place, I think. I was a resident of Canada for 3 years before I go my PR and was able to get resident only things like a SIN and health care.

So to sum it up you will need your standard disclosure (PCC) and a traffic history from whichever of the 2 states you lived in. It is better to send them both in than be delayed when they request one (I didn't know about the traffic history at the time and it was requested during my PR process from Sydney). Good luck!

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Thankfully we were in NSW and didn't have to do it. :)

I wonder why residents of the other jurisdictions (NSW, TAS, NT, WA, SA) don't have to do it...

benjis_monikuss said:
So my first tip; make sure you just get the standard disclosure not the fingerprint one, I learnt that one the hard way.

I'm assuming that you lived in VIC/ QLD at some point in your 4 years? Even if you never drove and only had your L, you will still need to apply for the traffic check. It will come back with no record obviously, but CIC still requires it. I believe it has something to do with some of the Canadian 'inadmissible crimes' being listed on our traffic checks as opposed to our criminal history ie; DUI. A 'resident' is determined as someone who spends more than 6 months in one place, I think. I was a resident of Canada for 3 years before I go my PR and was able to get resident only things like a SIN and health care.

So to sum it up you will need your standard disclosure (PCC) and a traffic history from whichever of the 2 states you lived in. It is better to send them both in than be delayed when they request one (I didn't know about the traffic history at the time and it was requested during my PR process from Sydney). Good luck!

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
benjis_monikuss said:

Hi,
Thank for your kind reply. I thought I would never be able to get the answer.
I have sent an online application for the Standard closure (PCC) this morning. This should not be a problem (finger crossed)

Regarding for the traffic history issues.

I have one inquiry, hoping you could be able to answer.
The learner permit was long expired(more than a decade) and gone(I think I lost it). And the documents they require for Identification are Australian issued (etc. Australian birth cert. Aussie card...) which I am unable to provide. According to the required identification document list, the only I could be able to provide is my foreign passport. And they require for at least 3 ID documents to be sent.
How do I apply without those documents?

Actually I have sent an email to the department of transport and main roads, however it will take them 15 working days to response my request. After they reply, then I start my application. I guess it would be another 15 work days again. (What an efficiency)

Sorry to bother with that much questions.
Thank you again for your helpful advice.

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
BubbOZ said:
Thankfully we were in NSW and didn't have to do it. :)

I wonder why residents of the other jurisdictions (NSW, TAS, NT, WA, SA) don't have to do it...
I read on the threads somewhere. someone mentioned the drink driving offenses in Vic or QLD don't show up on the national police check for some reason, but Canada still wants to know about them.

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
sansanlaosu said:
Hi,
Thank for your kind reply. I thought I would never be able to get the answer.
I have sent an online application for the Standard closure (PCC) this morning. This should not be a problem (finger crossed)

Regarding for the traffic history issues.

I have one inquiry, hoping you could be able to answer.
The learner permit was long expired(more than a decade) and gone(I think I lost it). And the documents they require for Identification are Australian issued (etc. Australian birth cert. Aussie card...) which I am unable to provide. According to the required identification document list, the only I could be able to provide is my foreign passport. And they require for at least 3 ID documents to be sent.
How do I apply without those documents?

Actually I have sent an email to the department of transport and main roads, however it will take them 15 working days to response my request. After they reply, then I start my application. I guess it would be another 15 work days again. (What an efficiency)

Sorry to bother with that much questions.
Thank you again for your helpful advice.
Not a bother at all, that's what we're here for! :D I had the same issue as I'd been here for 3 years, almost all of my Aus ID had expired. Luckily I still have friends in Aus who were able to pop into a QLDTrans and find out. You just need the equivalent of those ID in whatever you have (it's the point system of ID, Category A & B, read the release form for more info of what's required). For me I was able to use my Canadian driver's licence etc. BE AWARE: you must have certified copies of these. I don't know why; if the AFP doesn't care why does QLDTrans right?? Hahaha. I also had no idea what my old Aus licence # was and just left it blank, I guess they are able to search you up based off the rest of your information because they filled it in for me on my returned traffic history. Hope that helps!

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
benjis_monikuss said:
Not a bother at all, that's what we're here for! :D I had the same issue as I'd been here for 3 years, almost all of my Aus ID had expired. Luckily I still have friends in Aus who were able to pop into a QLDTrans and find out. You just need the equivalent of those ID in whatever you have (it's the point system of ID, Category A & B, read the release form for more info of what's required). For me I was able to use my Canadian driver's licence etc. BE AWARE: you must have certified copies of these. I don't know why; if the AFP doesn't care why does QLDTrans right?? Hahaha. I also had no idea what my old Aus licence # was and just left it blank, I guess they are able to search you up based off the rest of your information because they filled it in for me on my returned traffic history. Hope that helps!
Great! A life saver answer.
Now I need to confirm if they mail the report to oversea address or not.

I don't know why; if the AFP doesn't care why does QLDTrans right?? <-- exactly. I have a smooth application with AFP. Why can't they be more friendly with online service.

Again, thank you very much.

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Just posted this in the Feb 2014 thread:

"a brown envelope from Sydney has arrived at our mailing address. Without jumping the gun and seeing it...CoPR received 22/05/2014!"

Crittenden

May 13, 2014
Our application has been sitting at mississuaga for couple of weeks now. I know it was delivered I've got the registered post confirmation. Is it normal that we wouldn't have heard anything yet?

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 &amp; 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
Crittenden said:
Our application has been sitting at mississuaga for couple of weeks now. I know it was delivered I've got the registered post confirmation. Is it normal that we wouldn't have heard anything yet?
Yes! Early April applicants are only getting AOR and SA now.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Congrats! :)

Are you physically in Canada or overseas? I wonder if that makes any difference in terms of processing.

We were already in Canada and it also took about 3 months...

Netkid said:

"a brown envelope from Sydney has arrived at our mailing address. Without jumping the gun and seeing it...CoPR received 22/05/2014!"

Crittenden

May 13, 2014
Canadianfairy said:
Yes! Early April applicants are only getting AOR and SA now.
Wow they must really have their work cut out for them in Mississauga!!!
Do they generally do a processing April in May. Then May June kind of thing? Or do we just wait and they get to it when they can?

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
BubbOZ said:
Congrats! :)

Are you physically in Canada or overseas? I wonder if that makes any difference in terms of processing.

We were already in Canada and it also took about 3 months...
I am here and my spouse is visiting but we applied outland and she was back home when we started the process. We're very grateful for the speedy turn around and this forum and the openness of everyone in the threads.

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
sansanlaosu said:
Great! A life saver answer.
Now I need to confirm if they mail the report to oversea address or not.
This one I don't know the answer to, I put my friend's Aus mailing address then she sent it straight into CIC Syd on my behalf.

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Netkid said:

And super congrats! I remember having that precious brown envelope on my lap. I just sat there smiling at it for a good 10 minutes before I had the courage to open it.

sansanlaosu

Star Member
May 4, 2014
benjis_monikuss said:
This one I don't know the answer to, I put my friend's Aus mailing address then she sent it straight into CIC Syd on my behalf.
Hi,
Thanks again.

I do manage to locate a friend in Sydney who will be able to receive my report on my behalf.
Just wondering does QLD department send report within Aus. or only within QLD?
Any body know?

Thank you.