Waived
Passport Req..
18th Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
25th Feb 2014
LANDED..........
1st Aug 2014 (Finally!)
Netkid said:
for those who recently got CoPR - we emailed SYD VO back on Friday night confirming the passport has not changed (and w appx b) and only got the auto reply thank you email...they haven't emailed anything back yet. Did you get a personalized reply or acknowledgement they read your email?
It comes in the mail.. the physical mail, so if you didn't send them any express post envelope for the reply it's coming back to you via snail mail. They wont respond anything more than that, it'll just arrive. Honestly tho if they've asked for your appendix B then you're already done! Success! You can chill and know there's an important envelope about to be delivered to your house. :)

Crittenden

May 13, 2014
My girlfriend and sponsor who is currently living in Australia with me will be returning to canada may 22nd. As we did not have a residential address for her yet (which we have just found a rental in alberta) will she need to update this info and if so where do we need to send the update to? If anyone can please help with this. We don't want the sponsorship side to be delayed nor do we want it denied due to not providing the up to date info. At time of sending app away the only address we had is here in australia

Thestylemaster

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th Dec 2013
File Transfer...
15th Jan 2014
Med's Request
29th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
24th Oct 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
25th Feb 2014
LANDED..........
1st Aug 2014 (Finally!)
Ok I'm reading stuff on here about "conjugal" visas.. I don't know why anyone would be applying for that one, it's for people who can't physically be together due to circumstances beyond their control. If you are indeed in a real relationship then surely you'd be together no matter if it meant you both moving to another country other than Aus or Canada right? I can imagine those apps get treated with a lot more scrutiny for that reason and that's probably why they take a lot longer.

As far as the evidence of your relationship goes : I'm sure they've never rejected an application for having too much proof! So drop so much on them there is zero doubt! As well as phone records, bank statements, signed statements from friends and family declaring our relationship to be genuine, FB history, instagram history.. we also included over 100 photos from all over the world with dates and information.. It was a huge amount, and who knows whether they even looked at it all, but the app went through like lightning! Oh also.. when my COPR arrived in the mail they inlcuded ALL the photos! haha

Thestylemaster

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th Dec 2013
File Transfer...
15th Jan 2014
Med's Request
29th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
24th Oct 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
25th Feb 2014
LANDED..........
1st Aug 2014 (Finally!)
benjis_monikuss said:
Paddy, you landed a day before me so hopefully when you get yours, mine will be next! It was 54 days when I landed, quite the jump in processing times over the last 2 months. When I landed my officer told me the posted times are 6-8 weeks but it's closer to 8-12 in reality. I'm at 9 1/2 weeks so I guess I don't have to worry too much but it does make me laugh how short our app process was and how long it takes just to receive a little piece of plastic! If I go by what CIC claims right now I should be expecting the card a few days after I leave the country! Haha
haha Thats crazy. Longer to get the card than the residency! Oh well.. We get back on Aug 1 and we rarely go a few weeks without going to the US so I'm looking forward to a whole lot of border fun to come!

Crittenden

May 13, 2014
Thestylemaster said:
Ok I'm reading stuff on here about "conjugal" visas.. I don't know why anyone would be applying for that one, it's for people who can't physically be together due to circumstances beyond their control. If you are indeed in a real relationship then surely you'd be together no matter if it meant you both moving to another country other than Aus or Canada right? I can imagine those apps get treated with a lot more scrutiny for that reason and that's probably why they take a lot longer.

As far as the evidence of your relationship goes : I'm sure they've never rejected an application for having too much proof! So drop so much on them there is zero doubt! As well as phone records, bank statements, signed statements from friends and family declaring our relationship to be genuine, FB history, instagram history.. we also included over 100 photos from all over the world with dates and information.. It was a huge amount, and who knows whether they even looked at it all, but the app went through like lightning! Oh also.. when my COPR arrived in the mail they inlcuded ALL the photos! haha
I see where you are coming from regarding the first paragraph. However, I had been living in canada with my girlfriend for 1.5 years. And now in Australia for 6 months. We have a dog together in canada who is being looked after by family. Further to that's partner could only get 6 months approved off work from the hospital she works. And had schooling set to commence shortly after she returns to canada may 22nd. Am I correct in saying that if she was to stay here longer not only would she be out of a job in canada, she would be further delaying her schooling and more time away from beloved pet. Some of our circumstances can be difficult in nature. Surely immigration can understand this? We are wanting to put our best foot forward for our future together. And we feel that being separated for a short time while this application is I'm process is a minor setback. We have our long term future goals in mind and also achieving the personal goals we have set for ourselves

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
Graihn said:
Two questions; are there any reasons you guys cannot marry? If you can, you don't qualify for conjugal. Are you guys able to visit each other and live together? If you can, you don't qualify for conjugal.

If your partner is Australian, and has never had issues with visiting you in Canada, your conjugal application is more than likely going to be denied.

Please give more information on your relationship, so we can help you.

We should not have applied for a conjugal visa then, we have realised we should have waited an applied as common law but maybe rushed it a bit as we saw that the waiting time was 11 months. We saw our relationship as a conjugal by looking at the criteria, but i guess it may not be.

Our story is that we met and were together for a few months before he had to leave back to new zealand, as they only get one year working holiday in canada. Due to the unexpected nature of the relationship i did not have the funds to travel abroad to be with him, though i did so asap. we were apart for 10 months, and in a committed relationship the whole time. we have currently been together for almost three years now, living together for one and a half. We applied under conjugal because we were not quite common law and I was on a one year working holiday in new zealand that would have expired if it took the whole 11 month processing time.

Is there any way to contact and change our criteria? We thought if we were going to be denied we would have been so already. I hope thats enough information to give us some insight into what steps we should be taking to resolve this. I really wish i would have found this forum earlier.

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
Thestylemaster said:

We applied as conjugal because we were not able to be physically together and as soon as we could we were…ten months apart exactly, are they able to see that we are now common law? I hope theres a possibility they will take that into account. We sent in piles of information, tons of photos, Skype history, lease agreements, bank information, family affidavits etc. we didn't think we left any room for doubt.

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
Is there any way that we would be able to contact CIC and modify due to the fact that we are now common law? We have been together since sept 2011, and have been living together since oct/nov 2012.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Yikes!! Luckily we went the day *after* we physically received the COPR and that we are only an hour to the American border!

Hang in there, folks. :)

benjis_monikuss said:
Congrats Netkid, it's nice to see Sydney is still pumping through these applications and Bubba, I think the nice, short wait for the PR card died with you hahaha. It's been 62 days since I landed and I don't have the card. People on the PR Card Arrival thread are saying that they landed in January/ February and are still waiting for their cards ::) It is kind of funny that it takes 2/3 of the time of your whole application's assessment, just to get the card that says so. I wonder what other verifications they do at this stage of the process. Not worried, as a visa exempt person crossing a land border into the states in a few weeks time, my COPR should be fine. Knowing my luck the card will arrive the day I leave hahah.

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Nope... Nothing but the machine-generated email.

We emailed in the Passport Confirmation and then 4 weeks later, the COPR arrived in the mailbox.

At one point during the four weeks, we emailed the Sydney VO and got a personalised reply AFTER the COPR showed up.

Netkid said:
for those who recently got CoPR - we emailed SYD VO back on Friday night confirming the passport has not changed (and w appx b) and only got the auto reply thank you email...they haven't emailed anything back yet. Did you get a personalized reply or acknowledgement they read your email?

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Does your gf have friend or relatives where postal mail could be sent in Canada? For example, you could put your in-law's address for now to start the application process and submit a change of address once your gf likes the place in Alberta. What if it's a dump?

Crittenden said:
My girlfriend and sponsor who is currently living in Australia with me will be returning to canada may 22nd. As we did not have a residential address for her yet (which we have just found a rental in alberta) will she need to update this info and if so where do we need to send the update to? If anyone can please help with this. We don't want the sponsorship side to be delayed nor do we want it denied due to not providing the up to date info. At time of sending app away the only address we had is here in australia

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Crittenden said:
I see where you are coming from regarding the first paragraph. However, I had been living in canada with my girlfriend for 1.5 years. And now in Australia for 6 months. We have a dog together in canada who is being looked after by family. Further to that's partner could only get 6 months approved off work from the hospital she works. And had schooling set to commence shortly after she returns to canada may 22nd. Am I correct in saying that if she was to stay here longer not only would she be out of a job in canada, she would be further delaying her schooling and more time away from beloved pet. Some of our circumstances can be difficult in nature. Surely immigration can understand this? We are wanting to put our best foot forward for our future together. And we feel that being separated for a short time while this application is I'm process is a minor setback. We have our long term future goals in mind and also achieving the personal goals we have set for ourselves
The only issue is you can, and could, get married. Thus you aren't conjugal since marriage isn't barred to you.

Crittenden

May 13, 2014
Thanks for the reply, it's definitely not a dump. It's worked out well, it's a townhouse right next door to family. We have already paid the damage deposit and hold on the place. We just haven't signed the lease yet. So was unsure to update info until lease is signed?

jeniselam

May 10, 2014
Zarilenth said:
The only issue is you can, and could, get married. Thus you aren't conjugal since marriage isn't barred to you.
Would they wait 8 months to decline our application? Surely they wouldn't string it along for this long. I would think that we would be notified that our situation does not apply to conjugal and to apply via common law? Has anyone had any luck e-mailing CIC for case specific questions.

cwish

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
Doc's Request.
08-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
File Transfer...
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-11-2014
Netkid said:
Gang,
we just got an email to ask for passport confirmation - will be sorting that out tonight! just an email is sufficient in our case.

best of luck to all.
Congrats!! We are only 2 weeks behind you! Going to be feeling so anxious this coming week hoping for our PPR!!!!

Also, could someone explain the landing process to me? I think I just assumed that my bf could fly with me to Canada and enter with no dramas. He won't be getting a permanent residency card I don't think because we have only lived together for a year and a half so his PR is conditional for 2 years.