File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
thedreadedpiper said:
So,

340 days after my application was received by CIC, I have finally received my COPR! ;D

Just in case anyone else has been waiting forever, you'll get there eventually!
I have no idea why my case took so long... ours is a straightforward case with no potential red flags. I guess it just ended up on the wrong desk.

On the upside, Sydney was able to extend my medical validity for 12 months (it expired a few weeks ago) so I didn't have to have that re-done.

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting! :D
Yikes! That is long! You must be so thankful the waiting game is over! Congratulations, happy to hear things worked out so well :)

oh101

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Hey Catou

How is going with the MICC?
Do you get CSQ on time?

I were a bit worry on my CSQ too. I don't know if Sydney office recieve mine and my dead line is approaching.

My app status still in process. ::)

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
thedreadedpiper said:
So,

340 days after my application was received by CIC, I have finally received my COPR! ;D

I have no idea why my case took so long... ours is a straightforward case with no potential red flags. I guess it just ended up on the wrong desk.

On the upside, Sydney was able to extend my medical validity for 12 months (it expired a few weeks ago) so I didn't have to have that re-done.

Congratulations. Well done on waiting it out.

I guess your case serves as a reminder that the applications that are flying through in a matter of months at the moment are an exception and not the rule.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
oh101 said:
Hey Catou

How is going with the MICC?
Do you get CSQ on time?

I were a bit worry on my CSQ too. I don't know if Sydney office recieve mine and my dead line is approaching.

My app status still in process. ::)
MICC is not being helpful. They said last week that they would get the CSQ to Sydney on time but on Monday all they would say was that it is marked urgent but not yet done. They did say there was no problem with it but indicated that they would do it in their own sweet time and would not be dictated to by Sydney's deadlines.
There is no point in us calling MICC again. They won't let us know when/if they have done it and said we will know when we receive it in the mail. In the meantime, Sydney is not backing down from their deadline. I've sent an email explaining all the contact we have had with MICC and dates and times of phone calls and the visit my husband made to their offices in Montreal. I did this because I feel that not allowing more time is not fair or reasonable. This is a situation completely outside of our control. I decided not to phone them this time because I need a paper trail in case they deny and this ends up going to appeal or judicial review.

I hope you have a better experience. This lack of co-ordination between CIC and MICC is beyond a joke!

s_hassan27

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Catou said:
No. It's easy to think that everyone is being processed very quickly but the posted processing time for Sydney is 11 months. This means 80% of applications are processed WITHIN 11 months and 20% of applications take longer than 11 months. There are many factors that go into when an application gets processed. Some people with straight-forward applications get through the process very quickly indeed. Australians seem to get through fastest (probably because the background checks are faster for them). For other people, it takes the whole 11 months or longer.

So, until the processing time is up, its just a waiting game. That said, you can't rely on the information you see online. The visa office might be prompt with updating it, or might not update it at all. It's not unusual for online status to go from "Application Received" to "Decision Made" without ever showing if the application is in progress.

If you really want to send an email I suggest waiting until early December. If your online status hasn't changed by then you could send an email to ask for an update on the status of your application. Be prepared though that your application could take up to a year. If it comes sooner, then that's a bonus :)
Thax Catou, I am just worried because my VISA is getting expired in March and 11 months will finish in May for me..... My wife is pregnant and she is going back in 20 days which we haven't inform immigration because i think it might delay our process ....
What do u reckon should i email them and ask them for a favour to issue me VISA atleast before my VISA gets expired??

OzKhan

Aug 1, 2013
thedreadedpiper said:
So,

Thanks for the update as I am in the same situation where i have waited for 10 months now and had no news at all. I was sure something had gone wrong and they will not reply to any of my messages or emails. Although it may not seem like good news you have given me hope as I was also concerned I would need to do medical again. I appreciate you updating us and congratulaions to you on the good news. Thank you

NZ2AB

Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
COPR came today in the mail!

thedreadedpiper

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2013
OzKhan said:
Thanks for the update as I am in the same situation where i have waited for 10 months now and had no news at all. I was sure something had gone wrong and they will not reply to any of my messages or emails. Although it may not seem like good news you have given me hope as I was also concerned I would need to do medical again. I appreciate you updating us and congratulaions to you on the good news. Thank you
Maybe we had the same person handling our cases! Hang in there :)

thedreadedpiper

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2013
PaddyO said:
Geez that is quick. I had planned to be in Sydney for the Ashes series. If my application gets the same treatment as yours I could be out of here before the series begins! :eek:
You might WANT to be high-tailing it out of there if the last three Ashes series are anything to go by! ;) Sorry, as a long-suffering kiwi cricket supporter, I couldn't resist..... ;D

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
I woke up to an email from my lawyer this morning with my PPR letter - woohoo! Sydney is on fire!

The letter advises that my PR visa will be valid for travel until 06 August 2014. Is that the date I am required to land in Canada by?

Fingers crossed for everyone else who is waiting it out in Sydney.

Westie

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/6/2013
AOR Received.
11/7/2013
File Transfer...
18/7/2013
Med's Done....
15/3/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
So I got a letter for a landing interview in Saskatoon from CIC for the 7th of November. I was asked to bring my passport, 2 pictures, my old work visa and my common law partner.
I rescheduled the appointment as is away for 2 weeks from Saturday. Long story short we drove 3 hours to Saskatoon and sat through the landing interview. I didn't get my visa today apparently it was in the Saskatoon print list but has been moved back to Sydney to be printed. She asked why I didn't bring my COPR I said I got this letter to be here so I came it didn't mention this. She told me that I had to send my passport to Australia which I did (photocopy) she told me Sydney doesn't accept photocopies as the put the visa straight in it. No COPR and they couldn't do it there as there system was down which "never happens" . I asked about flag poling which she said we couldn't do.
I left more confused than when I arrived and seemed to know more about the process than she did. So I don't know now if I'm waiting for my COPR of for them to send instructions for my visa to go back to Saskatoon arrgghh!

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
She told me that I had to send my passport to Australia which I did (photocopy) she told me Sydney doesn't accept photocopies as the put the visa straight in it.
[/quote]

Mate, she is talking out her flag pole. I am looking at the PPR letter and it says to take photocopies of all passport pages to the Sydney office.

My understanding of the process is that COPR comes after your passport has been viewed and an interview has been conducted if required. Your visa, in this case the PR card, is issued to you 6 weeks after you land.

Your COPR will come after they have viewed the copies of your passport in Sydney and you can land after that.

Good luck with it all. Let me know how you get on.

Westie

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/6/2013
AOR Received.
11/7/2013
File Transfer...
18/7/2013
Med's Done....
15/3/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
PaddyO said:
She told me that I had to send my passport to Australia which I did (photocopy) she told me Sydney doesn't accept photocopies as the put the visa straight in it.

Mate, she is talking out her flag pole. I am looking at the PPR letter and it says to take photocopies of all passport pages to the Sydney office.

My understanding of the process is that COPR comes after your passport has been viewed and an interview has been conducted if required. Your visa, in this case the PR card, is issued to you 6 weeks after you land.

Your COPR will come after they have viewed the copies of your passport in Sydney and you can land after that.

Good luck with it all. Let me know how you get on.
I will, congratulations on your ppr!

oh101

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Westie said:
So I got a letter for a landing interview in Saskatoon from CIC for the 7th of November. I was asked to bring my passport, 2 pictures, my old work visa and my common law partner.
I rescheduled the appointment as is away for 2 weeks from Saturday. Long story short we drove 3 hours to Saskatoon and sat through the landing interview. I didn't get my visa today apparently it was in the Saskatoon print list but has been moved back to Sydney to be printed. She asked why I didn't bring my COPR I said I got this letter to be here so I came it didn't mention this. She told me that I had to send my passport to Australia which I did (photocopy) she told me Sydney doesn't accept photocopies as the put the visa straight in it. No COPR and they couldn't do it there as there system was down which "never happens" . I asked about flag poling which she said we couldn't do.
I left more confused than when I arrived and seemed to know more about the process than she did. So I don't know now if I'm waiting for my COPR of for them to send instructions for my visa to go back to Saskatoon arrgghh!

What is a interview environment like?
If you don't mind please share experience there.

I have a feeling that I may have to go to local CIC office as part of IEC. :S