13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
PaddyO said:
Congratulations! Glad it has all worked out for you.

When you received your COPR were you given a date by which you have to land?

I have received my PPR but I can't leave Australia until the end of Feb 2014. If there is a time limit once COPR is received I may have to delay submitting copies of my passport.
When we received an email about our COPR the deadline was April 2014. Apparently it is different for everyone though.

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
NZ2AB said:
When we received an email about our COPR the deadline was April 2014. Apparently it is different for everyone though.
Thanks NZ2AB.

When was your medical done? The PPR letter states that the PR visa is valid for 12 months from your medical. The search results I have found online seem to confirm that too.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
PaddyO said:
Congratulations! Glad it has all worked out for you.

When you received your COPR were you given a date by which you have to land?

I have received my PPR but I can't leave Australia until the end of Feb 2014. If there is a time limit once COPR is received I may have to delay submitting copies of my passport.
You should be fine until July. It's usually linked to the expiry date of the medical.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
PaddyO said:
The online status is updated once a week, normally on a Tuesday. I received my PPR before the status was updated to "in process"
There seem to be a lot of people for whom it isn't regularly updated. Ours still shows "application received" for both sponsor and applicant, despite us having sponsor approval, approval from Quebec, and an email saying Sydney has the application in process. We've been in the system for a couple of months without seeing an update online.

Not that I care - I'm just happy that its all proceeding ;)

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Westie said:
Hooray! That must be a huge relief for you :)
It was until the physcial CSQ arrived. It's been issued in my maiden name. This would ordinarily be correct except that the ministry of justice had already accepted that my legal name is the name under which I married in Quebec and under which I applied. Under QC law if your name changed prior to a certain date due to marriage, you can retain that legal name. My name changed over 30 years ago and was recognised under QC law.
MICC knew all this and had the evidence. It's also all there with the QC ministry of justice if they had wanted to check.

So, now I have the wrong name on the CSQ and have had to go back to MICC to get them to change it. Interesting too, the CSQ was printed before the initial deadline yet sat on and not sent through to Sydney in time.

I thought I had finished the messing around with MICC :-(

aslank

Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-09-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Just wanted to post the progress on my case so far

Application received: August 21st.
Acknowledgement (I guess this is stage 1): August 30th.
Sponsorship Approval: September 26th.
Stage 2 AOR: October 31st'13
Medical results recieved
E-cas status: In process as of Oct 31st.

The only thing that might delay our process is police checks. Other than that, how does it look so far? Do you guys think I should hope to see my hubby sometime early next year (Feb/March). And also, his medical expires in April and it would be a bummer if they ask him to do it all over again!

aslank

Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-09-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Catou said:
It was until the physcial CSQ arrived. It's been issued in my maiden name. This would ordinarily be correct except that the ministry of justice had already accepted that my legal name is the name under which I married in Quebec and under which I applied. Under QC law if your name changed prior to a certain date due to marriage, you can retain that legal name. My name changed over 30 years ago and was recognised under QC law.
MICC knew all this and had the evidence. It's also all there with the QC ministry of justice if they had wanted to check.

So, now I have the wrong name on the CSQ and have had to go back to MICC to get them to change it. Interesting too, the CSQ was printed before the initial deadline yet sat on and not sent through to Sydney in time.

I thought I had finished the messing around with MICC :-(
Don't Stress! just hang in there and it will follow through!

NZ2AB

Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
PaddyO said:
Thanks NZ2AB.

When was your medical done? The PPR letter states that the PR visa is valid for 12 months from your medical. The search results I have found online seem to confirm that too.
medical was done in march. we had originally planned to submit in april but got delayed. good luck!

NZ2AB

Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
Someone keeps messing with the spreadsheet. Lots of folks use it so if you accidentally move something, put it back! Folks, double check your own info because it seems lots have been changed (some even say a negative number of days for total processing time).

aslank

Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-09-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
How can I add info to the spreadsheet?

oh101

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Catou
Any update from you?

For some reason my application still in process. I don't know if applicant from Quebec will take a longer time. :-\

mitchb86

May 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2013
AOR Received.
14/08/2013
Med's Done....
09/07/2013
Passport Req..
31/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2013
LANDED..........
27-11-2013
aslank said:
How can I add info to the spreadsheet?
Just click on the link below and put your info in

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
oh101 said:
Catou
Any update from you?

For some reason my application still in process. I don't know if applicant from Quebec will take a longer time. :-\
It's all back with MICC to sort out. It took a couple of hours on the phone with them, talking to half a dozen different people until it eventually was escalated to a manager. They told us that they only look at their forms, so they hadn't read the letter we sent or at any of the evidence about my name. By law, a woman retains her birth name for life, except in certain circumstances. We married in Quebec and got approval of my name from the minister of justice. So, we have one side of Quebec law recognising my name, and MICC stating my legal name is different. You can't have two legal names so this has to be sorted out. The actual CSQ isn't likely to change when MICC sorts things out but what they have entered into the system as my legal name needs to change.

I don't know if this will delay things in Sydney. It seems they process the application in the name you give, that matches the name on the passport. Mine is still showing up as in process. I suspect that they don't actually work on it though until after they receive the CSQ. This is definitely taking longer than many of the lucky people here :-(

s_hassan27

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Hi,
I am a bit confused about what should e done,
Situation is my wife is pregnant and she is going back to Canada for the delivery, and i have to change my address as well,
should I inform Immigration about it?
I think if I inform them it might take a bit longer then normal to get the VISA