13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
Westie said:
I just received a letter from CIC on Friday which requested that me and my sponsor attend a final interview, to bring 2 more photographs to process my PR card and my previous immigration document (IEC visa). I'm assuming this might be a landing interview. I'm also guessing since I didn't use a courier for my passport request that the office has received it
Oh strange that you got an interview request after PPR. Guess we could too. When is your interview scheduled for? It probably is a landing interview - congrats :)

Just to clarify, you are here as a visitor already, right? So is your interview in Canada or Sydney?

Congrats again!

Westie

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/6/2013
AOR Received.
11/7/2013
File Transfer...
18/7/2013
Med's Done....
15/3/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
NZ2AB said:
Oh strange that you got an interview request after PPR. Guess we could too. When is your interview scheduled for? It probably is a landing interview - congrats :)

Just to clarify, you are here as a visitor already, right? So is your interview in Canada or Sydney?

Congrats again!
I'm here on an IEC visa (temporary worker). The interview is in Saskatoon so in Canada. From the sounds of what they sent me it sounds like a landing interview. The scheduled it for the 7th of November but I have to reschedule as my partner (sponsor) is out of the country for 2 weeks!

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Has anyone else hit problems with MICC not getting the CSQ done for weeks and Sydney saying they will deny? I've got one more day in which to decide if we withdraw my application and start over again. MICC isn't being helpful on the phone and its impossible to see them in person. After their muckup with them sitting on the application and forgetting about it they did apologise and said it should be processed in time. I'm now panicking as there is only one day to go. Sydney won't back down on this - no CSQ, no PR.
Not sure what to do at this stage.

FWIW, we've been told that only the MP for the area my husband is in can take any action. There is no MP, the position is currently vacant.

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
Catou said:
Has anyone else hit problems with MICC not getting the CSQ done for weeks and Sydney saying they will deny? I've got one more day in which to decide if we withdraw my application and start over again. MICC isn't being helpful on the phone and its impossible to see them in person. After their muckup with them sitting on the application and forgetting about it they did apologise and said it should be processed in time. I'm now panicking as there is only one day to go. Sydney won't back down on this - no CSQ, no PR.

FWIW, we've been told that only the MP for the area my husband is in can take any action. There is no MP, the position is currently vacant.
Catou that is one hell of a stuff up! I can't believe Sydney are being so unhelpful in this instance.

How far have you escalated it within MICC? Have you spoken to the manager's manager's manager?

Have you spoken to an immigration lawyer about your situation? I'm sure they could offer advice about the best course of action regarding the withdrawal vs denied decision.

Good luck, stay clam, and keep us all informed of what goes on.

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
NZ2AB said:

Congrats again!
I'm in Sydney playing the waiting game whilst my wife is in Toronto. If we get an interview request is one of us taking a long plane ride?

Netkid

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2014; 25-03-2014
File Transfer...
03-04-2014
Med's Request
27-04-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Arrived 22-05-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Hi everyone,

I have just registered as we will be pursuing a Sydney application soon. I just wanted to introduce myself and say that this thread (and forum) has been extremely helpful and the willingness to share information is highly appreciated.

Cheers!

NZ2AB

Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
A heads up for those waiting for COPR - UPS does NOT send to PO boxes. I live in a very rural place without a proper address (in a provincial park) and now have to have the letter delivered to a friend's house in a nearby city. Double check with the courier that you choose if you only have a PO box address.

Westie

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/6/2013
AOR Received.
11/7/2013
File Transfer...
18/7/2013
Med's Done....
15/3/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
NZ2AB said:
A heads up for those waiting for COPR - UPS does NOT send to PO boxes. I live in a very rural place without a proper address (in a provincial park) and now have to have the letter delivered to a friend's house in a nearby city. Double check with the courier that you choose if you only have a PO box address.
Does that mean you have your COPR?

NZ2AB

Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
Westie said:
Does that mean you have your COPR?
That would have been nice, but I was having something else shipped at the same time (winter boots) via UPS and have had a heck of a time trying to track them down since they "tried" to deliver to me (and neglected to tell me they tried, or that they don't deliver to PO boxes). I frantically just changed all the UPS account information and emailed the Syd office of the change to a friend's house.

I suspect they just decided to send the next letter (I presume it is an interview request since you got that) via snail mail because of the UPS confusion.

(When UPS eventually contacted me I got overly excited that it was the COPR and forgot totally about the boots...haha)

s_hassan27

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Hi,
I am new to this forum, I applied through Sydney office on June 20th 2013 and my file got transferred to Sydney on 2nd of Aug, just getting worried now because all other people who applied even after me have got there VISA process got progressed but my status still shows "Application received".
Show I send them an email?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
s_hassan27 said:
Hi,
I am new to this forum, I applied through Sydney office on June 20th 2013 and my file got transferred to Sydney on 2nd of Aug, just getting worried now because all other people who applied even after me have got there VISA process got progressed but my status still shows "Application received".
Show I send them an email?
No. It's easy to think that everyone is being processed very quickly but the posted processing time for Sydney is 11 months. This means 80% of applications are processed WITHIN 11 months and 20% of applications take longer than 11 months. There are many factors that go into when an application gets processed. Some people with straight-forward applications get through the process very quickly indeed. Australians seem to get through fastest (probably because the background checks are faster for them). For other people, it takes the whole 11 months or longer.

So, until the processing time is up, its just a waiting game. That said, you can't rely on the information you see online. The visa office might be prompt with updating it, or might not update it at all. It's not unusual for online status to go from "Application Received" to "Decision Made" without ever showing if the application is in progress.

If you really want to send an email I suggest waiting until early December. If your online status hasn't changed by then you could send an email to ask for an update on the status of your application. Be prepared though that your application could take up to a year. If it comes sooner, then that's a bonus :)

Westie

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/6/2013
AOR Received.
11/7/2013
File Transfer...
18/7/2013
Med's Done....
15/3/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
Catou said:

Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you that they work it out in time. Hopefully the MICC will contact Sydney and sort it out for you. You wouldn't think they would be so heartless when its their fault

thedreadedpiper

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2013
So,

340 days after my application was received by CIC, I have finally received my COPR! ;D

Just in case anyone else has been waiting forever, you'll get there eventually!
I have no idea why my case took so long... ours is a straightforward case with no potential red flags. I guess it just ended up on the wrong desk.

On the upside, Sydney was able to extend my medical validity for 12 months (it expired a few weeks ago) so I didn't have to have that re-done.

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting! :D

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
thedreadedpiper said:
So,

340 days after my application was received by CIC, I have finally received my COPR! ;D

I have no idea why my case took so long... ours is a straightforward case with no potential red flags. I guess it just ended up on the wrong desk.

On the upside, Sydney was able to extend my medical validity for 12 months (it expired a few weeks ago) so I didn't have to have that re-done.

Congratulations!! 340 is a long time, but you still didn't beat our horrifying record of 411. Glad to see Sydney is picking up the pace now, but I'm pretty sure there is still a "wrong desk" everywhere.
Best of luck to all who are still waiting.

Westie

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/6/2013
AOR Received.
11/7/2013
File Transfer...
18/7/2013
Med's Done....
15/3/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
thedreadedpiper said:
So,

Congratulations! Hope your having a celebration :)