+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Are they asking for just yiurboasspoet or do you also have to submit new photos?
You have to print off the PPR email which has some family information to fill out (eye colour, etc.), 2 more passport photos need to be taken (dated, identical to what was required at beginning of the process before you submitted the application but have to be current taken within last 6 months), and passport is required to be sent. It has to be sent to a CVAC. Example, VFS Melbourne, for instance and you have to pay some fees. So you can drop it off in person or send it by mail but if you send it by mail you have to pay the fees via a bank draft. So it adds a step. Unfortunately they are open M-F 9-5 so during business hours...

Reactions: emr2102

emr2102

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
You have to print off the PPR email which has some family information to fill out (eye colour, etc.), 2 more passport photos need to be taken (dated, identical to what was required at beginning of the process before you submitted the application but have to be current taken within last 6 months), and passport is required to be sent. It has to be sent to a CVAC. Example, VFS Melbourne, for instance and you have to pay some fees. So you can drop it off in person or send it by mail but if you send it by mail you have to pay the fees via a bank draft. So it adds a step. Unfortunately they are open M-F 9-5 so during business hours...
Thanks! I’m going to have to look into mine a bit further eventually as we are in Canada until December so will have to see if I can take my passport somewhere in Canada rather than sending it all the way back and forth to Australia

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

A) To submit your package outside of Canada:

Applicants who reside outside Canada will submit their documents to a Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Australia, New Zealand or Fiji.

This service includes two-way secure shipping and tracking. A passport transmission Service Charge must be paid for each applicant to cover handling and courier costs. Once processing has been completed, visa documents will be returned to the VAC for collection by applicants.

For address, service hours, and instructions for how to submit passports through the VAC, visit their website at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/

B) To submit your package in Canada:

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependants on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your package to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together the fully completed Family Information form by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspostenvelope from Canada Post. Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

· Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

· Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

· Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

· You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at: http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

· Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Xpresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON,

K1A 1L1

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Looks like you might have to be in Canada for 3 months to submit in Canada But you could contact them once you receive the email and ask for more time to submit once back in Australia

emr2102

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Looks like you might have to be in Canada for 3 months to submit in Canada But you could contact them once you receive the email and ask for more time to submit once back in Australia

Ok, thanks. We are here until December...have been since July. I guess I’ll just have to wait for the information to come through to work our the timing. The wait is killing me!

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Ok, thanks. We are here until December...have been since July. I guess I’ll just have to wait for the information to come through to work our the timing. The wait is killing me!
I can totally see how it would but it actually might be better for you guys in one way if they request passport closer to when you guys arrive back in Aus, hey? So you don’t have to explain the passport delay :)

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
This may be a silly question but the sponsor does not need to send photos and passport, right, just the principal applicant? And are Australian citizens visa exempt (meaning no passport needs to be sent, just photos)even though they require an ETA to travel to Canada?

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
I was under the impression when they ask for your passport it was to out something in it that allows you to travel?

Reactions: Canucks and Hawks

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Also amendment pages of passport, does anyone know if the Australian passport has these pages?
I'm applied from NZ so i think its similar process.

You send two copies of your passport bio page, PR spec photos (get them professionally done, they are strict to the milimeter in specifications) and complete the form provided including details of your sponsor -eye colour, height etc) to VFS. I'm not sure of the locations in Australia. You pay a fee directly to VFS. include a return courier tracked bag with your application to VFS.

VFS send your details to Sydney Consulate. Wait About 15 days and you receive Your COPR. this document allows you to travel to Canada without an esta. Any ESTA our tourist visas to Canada you previously held are now cancelled.

You do not need to send passport copies or photos of your sponsor just you and any dependants

You must enter Canada before the expiray date on your COPR. usually your medical expiray date. it can not be extended if it expires you have to start all applications all over again

hope this helps. good luck

Reactions: Canucks and Hawks

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
We sent one photocopy of passport, 2 passport-size photos and family information to Sydney IRCC via Melbourne CVAC yesterday. They said return time is ~12 days.