Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
If it helps anyone, I got my MoJ report exactly 20 working days after I requested it....
how long ago did you send your request in. They delay is just due to the up coming holiday period.

KiwiNate

May 20, 2017
New Zealand
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
how long ago did you send your request in. They delay is just due to the up coming holiday period.
I applied October 26th, and then received the report November 23rd.

So exactly 20 working days later...

Last edited:

kiwias

Feb 19, 2017

I spoke with MOJ today (11/12/17) and they said they still working on 9 November 2017 applications - couldn't give me an answer if it'll be done by Christmas or not.

He did say they could look at it sooner if I had a reason for it to be considered as an 'urgent request'. Luckily I fly out to Canada on 17/12/17 so I used that as my excuse. I'll keep you guys posted.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018

in the past I've sent it and received it in 20 days. currently the delay is holidays here's hoping they just rush a whole lot before the 24th

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I got PPR request on 28th Nov and I sent the required documents on 29th Nov to Consulate of Canada Sydney.

Can anyone please share their experience how long did they take to send Permanent Residency documents? Actually, I am travelling overseas in a week and I am concerned what if they send the documents when I am away.
I'm guessing based on your username you are in Australia?

I received PPR but it says to include a prepaid, self-addressed enveloped for the return of visa documentation. Post shops here are telling me they can't do this as it wouldn't be valid for Australia post at the other end... a bit stumped..

Reactions: linnykez

Aussie1220

Dec 7, 2017
I'm guessing based on your username you are in Australia?

I received PPR but it says to include a prepaid, self-addressed enveloped for the return of visa documentation. Post shops here are telling me they can't do this as it wouldn't be valid for Australia post at the other end... a bit stumped..
I have used AUSPOST Express Post envelop (which delivered the next day) and inside that I placed Express Post Small Satchel having Consulate of Canada as Sender and myself as Receiver.
Hope that helps.

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
I have used AUSPOST Express Post envelop (which delivered the next day) and inside that I placed Express Post Small Satchel having Consulate of Canada as Sender and myself as Receiver.
Hope that helps.
Thanks mate! I got in touch with the Consulate and they said since I was just sending a photocopy of bio page there was no need for a self addressed envelope.

Good luck!

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Also as a heads up to anyone else, my ECAS had been sitting on "Decision Made" for three weeks and never heard anything. Emailed the consulate and it turns out the PPR letter somehow never got emailed to me. They claimed it had been sent a week ago but never it never came through

Hman1

Oct 14, 2017
In my ecas account both applicant and sponsors has decision made . However I have been recently asked for original police certificate.
Any idea if I should email them and inquire about not getting ppr or is that their standard procedure

montague

May 19, 2017
Also as a heads up to anyone else, my ECAS had been sitting on "Decision Made" for three weeks and never heard anything. Emailed the consulate and it turns out the PPR letter somehow never got emailed to me. They claimed it had been sent a week ago but never it never came through
Cheers for this. Mine was also changed three weeks ago and here I was patiently waiting.

Just emailed them to see where my notification is at as well.

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi guys.

My hubby and I want to start our application for his immigration to Canada soon. I am currently living in NSW, Australia with him but I am a Canadian citizen and I want to sponsor him to move to Canada with me. As far as I know, outland applications are processed a lot faster than inland applications so that is the route we are planning on taking. Does anyone know a rough estimate of how long the process will take? We want to leave for Canada in May 2018 but should we just refrain from buying plane tickets till his VISA application is complete?

If I'm correct, we will need to get him an open work permit to legally work in Canada. I am just not sure of how it works. If we apply for the open work permit at the same time as his spouse visa application, will it take effect as soon as the VISA is granted?

Thanks for the help :D

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Hi guys.

My hubby and I want to start our application for his immigration to Canada soon. I am currently living in NSW, Australia with him but I am a Canadian citizen and I want to sponsor him to move to Canada with me. As far as I know, outland applications are processed a lot faster than inland applications so that is the route we are planning on taking. Does anyone know a rough estimate of how long the process will take? We want to leave for Canada in May 2018 but should we just refrain from buying plane tickets till his VISA application is complete?

If I'm correct, we will need to get him an open work permit to legally work in Canada. I am just not sure of how it works. If we apply for the open work permit at the same time as his spouse visa application, will it take effect as soon as the VISA is granted?

Thanks for the help :D
You can apply for an owp only with an inland app. Re: time an outland app can still take 12 months. Australia is a visa exempt country is it not? Id come to canada and apply inland if i were in the same position. An outland app is possible to finish by may but if there any delays it could drag on til next christmas.

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
You can apply for an owp only with an inland app. Re: time an outland app can still take 12 months. Australia is a visa exempt country is it not? Id come to canada and apply inland if i were in the same position. An outland app is possible to finish by may but if there any delays it could drag on til next christmas.
Yes australia is a visa exempt country. How long will it take for the OWP to be issued? It means that he will be able to work while waiting for the visa to be processed?

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Yes australia is a visa exempt country. How long will it take for the OWP to be issued? It means that he will be able to work while waiting for the visa to be processed?
Yes if you apply inland you can apply simultaneously for an owp. I believe the owp takes 3 months and you can stay and work in canada while the app is being processed.