+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Godly8319

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Well, I think they sent the observation thing on 18th May, which was when I got my pre arrival letter. The observation thing expired 17 June, which is exactly one month. my passport has been sent to vfs Abuja, not sure if it has reached IRCC. I sent my passport 28 July.
You will be fine at last, I had similar situation thats why I know it will be ok.

Reactions: AVODamn!!!

Ayo IB

Aug 10, 2021
I will
I sent to Accra from Ibadan, Nigeria:27th of July, 2021
Got to Lagos: 28th of July
Got to Accra VFS: 29th of July and dispatched that same day
Got to IRCC in Accra: 3rd of August, 2021
Passport stamped and changes in ecas: 5th of August.
That’s all for now
Hey @Midepearls did you send your passport to Accra directly without using VFS Lagos or Abuja?
Did you use DHL?
How did you pay the Ghana Cedis for VFS Accra?

Sorry for my many questions. Please I need help.

Thank you!

Reactions: Midepearls

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hey @Midepearls did you send your passport to Accra directly without using VFS Lagos or Abuja?
Did you use DHL?
How did you pay the Ghana Cedis for VFS Accra?

Sorry for my many questions. Please I need help.

Thank you!
Hi @Ayo IB, I sent to Accra directly using DHL. I got someone to pay in Ghana cedis for VFS Accra. The person was in Ghana. If you can send directly, please do. It’s faster

Reactions: Ayo IB

Ayo IB

Aug 10, 2021
Hi @Ayo IB, I sent to Accra directly using DHL. I got someone to pay in Ghana cedis for VFS Accra. The person was in Ghana. If you can send directly, please do. It’s faster
Thank you! @Midepearls God will bless you!

I am so happy to hear this. Please I have more questions *covers face

How will you get it back?

Will Vfs Accra notify you and then you will use DHL to pick up?

Or is it IRCC Ghana that will notify you?

What did you put in the consent form? I mean the Consent for Indirect Submission...did you put DHL?

What did you fill in biometrics part?

I'm so sorry i'm bothering you with my many questions.

Thank you so much.

AVODamn!!!

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Has anyone who submitted passport ( to Abuja or Lagos) in the last week of July received any indication that the passport has left Nigeria?

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Thank you! @Midepearls God will bless you!

I am so happy to hear this. Please I have more questions *covers face

How will you get it back?

Will Vfs Accra notify you and then you will use DHL to pick up?

Or is it IRCC Ghana that will notify you?

What did you put in the consent form? I mean the Consent for Indirect Submission...did you put DHL?

What did you fill in biometrics part?

I'm so sorry i'm bothering you with my many questions.

Thank you so much.
I don’t know how it will get back yet...
But in the information, when I paid the Ghana cedis, they said they will send it back.
I’ll let you know as it goes

I actually just got a notification from vfs that they will send it to the Canada visa application center I applied from or the courier company I aubthorized.

I didn’t put anything in the indirect submission though.
The biometrics part, the column for Principal applicant only should be filled. ( do you mean the height, color and stuff) if so .. I filled only for Principal applicant as stated above.

I hope that answers your questions.
But I haven’t come here to say my mode of submission because I haven’t gotten my passport back. Once I get it which should be this week...
I will let you know how it went too

Last edited:
  • Love

Ayo IB

Aug 10, 2021
I don’t know how it will get back yet...
But in the information, when I paid the Ghana cedis, they said they will send it back.
I’ll let you know as it goes

I actually just got a notification from vfs that they will send it to the Canada visa application center I applied from or the courier company I aubthorized.

I didn’t put anything in the indirect submission though.
The biometrics part, the column for Principal applicant only should be filled. ( do you mean the height, color and stuff) if so .. I filled only for Principal applicant as stated above.

I hope that answers your questions.
But I haven’t come here to say my mode of submission because I haven’t gotten my passport back. Once I get it which should be this week...
I will let you know how it went too
Thank you soo much! I was referring to the biometrics part in the VFS Consent Form.

This part

Applicants wishing to provide biometrics I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and will be providing my biometric enrolment in accordance with the information provided on the Government of Canada’s website. I have made this decision of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff.
Name: _________________________________________ Signature: _________________________________________ Date: ________________________________

Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and have decided NOT to provide my biometric enrolment. I have made this choice of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff. I understand that this may result in the refusal of my application without further communication from IRCC. Name: _________________________________________ Signature: _________________________________________ Date: ________________________________

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Thank you soo much! I was referring to the biometrics part in the VFS Consent Form.

This part

Applicants wishing to provide biometrics I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and will be providing my biometric enrolment in accordance with the information provided on the Government of Canada’s website. I have made this decision of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff.
Name: _________________________________________ Signature: _________________________________________ Date: ________________________________

Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and have decided NOT to provide my biometric enrolment. I have made this choice of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff. I understand that this may result in the refusal of my application without further communication from IRCC. Name: _________________________________________ Signature: _________________________________________ Date: ________________________________
I didn’t fill anything there

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
We are having trouble paying for the fee for the PPR. My husband is in Nigeria, but we wish to send the package straight to the Accra VO. Is there any way I can pay it from Canada? And how would I get a receipt? Any pointers from anyone would be greatly appreciated.