VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Reactions: Ali Al-Hassan

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
I just wanted to share with you something I noticed on GCKEY that I missed before.

On the JUL 27 we rec'd PPR letter, I noticed under Review of Additional Documents, the status changed to 'We need additional documents to continue Processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.' However, I didn't think anything of it, I just assumed it was referring to the request letter of passport + documents which we were going to mail out.

Just now (as I'm prepare to go to bed) I logged into our GCKEY account, and I noticed under the Review of Additional Documents that status had not changed.

Anyways, something told me to click the 'View submitted application or upload documents' hyperlink, which I did. Funny enough, there was instructions which stated:

You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.
If you do not have a passport and must use another travel document, it must be issued by a government and include your:

• name,
  • date of birth,
  • document number,
  • citizenship or residency status,
  • photo, and
  • expiry date (if applicable).

Required By: August 26, 2021

I've uploaded a copy of my hubby's passport. I just thought I should share this piece of information only because during this entire process the 'View submitted application or upload documents' was not made use of, there was no way to upload documents, hence WebForm, so I was quite surprised.

Anywhoo, I'm not sure if uploading a copy of my hubby's passport on GCKEY will make a difference in processing his application since his passport + documents was received by IRCC on AUG 03.

Anyways, I hope to wake up to some good news from you all (g'night for now).
xx
Hi @Akissi18, it’s only the passport request that they mean I guess... it’s still showing that(we need additional information to continue processing your application) in my gckey and I already got a notification that my passport has been stamped. I don’t think you need to send any additional document.

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hi @Akissi18, it’s only the passport request that they mean I guess... it’s still showing that(we need additional information to continue processing your application) in my gckey and I already got a notification that my passport has been stamped. I don’t think you need to send any additional document.
@Midepearls thank you dear. I was just surprised they requested he upload his passport, knowing that they received his passport + docs on AUG 03, and they already have a hard copy of his passport which was submitted in our application package in JAN. Talk about duplicates lol, I hope me just noticing this hasn't caused any delays.
BTW congrats!! May you share your passport submission timeline? xx

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
@Midepearls thank you dear. I was just surprised they requested he upload his passport, knowing that they received his passport + docs on AUG 03, and they already have a hard copy of his passport which was submitted in our application package in JAN. Talk about duplicates lol, I hope me just noticing this hasn't caused any delays.
BTW congrats!! May you share your passport submission timeline? xx
I will
I sent to Accra from Ibadan, Nigeria:27th of July, 2021
Got to Lagos: 28th of July
Got to Accra VFS: 29th of July and dispatched that same day
Got to IRCC in Accra: 3rd of August, 2021
Passport stamped and changes in ecas: 5th of August.
That’s all for now

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hello house,
We just received an update, a decision has been made: Approved!!! Glory be to the Most High!!

The following details about our application status was updated:

Aug 09, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed.
May 31, 2021 Your background check was completed.
August 09, 2021 Your application was approved.

Document (Counterfoil) Status provided.

Passport Submission Timeline:
JUL 30 - Passport + doc via DHL (Accra, Ghana)
AUG 02 - Delivered, VFS
AUG 02 - Dispatched to IRCC
AUG 03 - Rec'd and under process at IRCC
AUG 09 - Uploaded copy of PP to GCKEY
AUG 09 - Approved + Counterfoil

Now we await for the return of PP.

Processing Time
: 6 months 12 days

Thank you all for your support, assistance, and words of encouragement.

I just wanted to say as a little word of encouragement, distance cannot keep you and your spouse away, it's your love that binds you and your spouse together.
For those still waiting, don't give up! One thing IRCC can't take away from you is the love you share with your spouse. Very soon you'll be reunited with your spouse! I continue to keep you all in my prayers.

I'm forever lurking on this forum, so don't hesitate to reach out, if I can assist I will, and if not, we'll work through it together. I hope to hear good news from you all, so we celebrate together!!
xx

AVODamn!!!

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hello house,
We just received an update, a decision has been made: Approved!!! Glory be to the Most High!!

The following details about our application status was updated:

Aug 09, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed.
May 31, 2021 Your background check was completed.
August 09, 2021 Your application was approved.

Document (Counterfoil) Status provided.

Passport Submission Timeline:
JUL 30 - Passport + doc via DHL (Accra, Ghana)
AUG 02 - Delivered, VFS
AUG 02 - Dispatched to IRCC
AUG 03 - Rec'd and under process at IRCC
AUG 09 - Uploaded copy of PP to GCKEY
AUG 09 - Approved + Counterfoil

Now we await for the return of PP.

Processing Time
: 6 months 12 days

Thank you all for your support, assistance, and words of encouragement.

I just wanted to say as a little word of encouragement, distance cannot keep you and your spouse away, it's your love that binds you and your spouse together.
For those still waiting, don't give up! One thing IRCC can't take away from you is the love you share with your spouse. Very soon you'll be reunited with your spouse! I continue to keep you all in my prayers.

I'm forever lurking on this forum, so don't hesitate to reach out, if I can assist I will, and if not, we'll work through it together. I hope to hear good news from you all, so we celebrate together!!
xx
Congrats!

At least we know AVO are doing their part in stamping passport and the delay is with Nigerian vfs.

Reactions: Ok2018 and Akissi18

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
I just wanted to share with you something I noticed on GCKEY that I missed before.

On the JUL 27 we rec'd PPR letter, I noticed under Review of Additional Documents, the status changed to 'We need additional documents to continue Processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.' However, I didn't think anything of it, I just assumed it was referring to the request letter of passport + documents which we were going to mail out.

Just now (as I'm prepare to go to bed) I logged into our GCKEY account, and I noticed under the Review of Additional Documents that status had not changed.

Anyways, something told me to click the 'View submitted application or upload documents' hyperlink, which I did. Funny enough, there was instructions which stated:

You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel.

If you do not have a passport and must use another travel document, it must be issued by a government and include your:

• name,
  • date of birth,
  • document number,
  • photo, and

I've uploaded a copy of my hubby's passport. I just thought I should share this piece of information only because during this entire process the 'View submitted application or upload documents' was not made use of, there was no way to upload documents, hence WebForm, so I was quite surprised.

Anywhoo, I'm not sure if uploading a copy of my hubby's passport on GCKEY will make a difference in processing his application since his passport + documents was received by IRCC on AUG 03.

xx
Hi @Akissi18

I have been seeing the similar message when I signed on using GC Key, but not for a passport request but "Observations (Required)".

So under the Review of Additional Documents, my status changed to 'We need additional documents to continue Processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.' I also assumed it was referring to my request letter of passport plus the relevant document in the request letter.

When I clicked on the 'View submitted application or upload documents' hyperlink, it gave the following information:

Details: "Replacement Needed"
Document: "Observations" (Required)
Required By: August 12, 2021

I don't know what this means because "Observations" is not a document.

Actually, the first time I saw this message in my online account (GC-Key), the narration was "the following documents were submitted or have been submitted to support your application. You can only provide new versions of previously submitted documents if we request for it. If you do not send the requested document by the deadline, the status will change to "overdue" and you will not be able to submit the document. We will review your application without the requested document".

The above narration stopped showing in my online account, except the part stating "replacement needed", "observations" and the "Aug 12, 2021".

After reading your own experience, not sure anymore.

I don't know if the reason is because I sent a web form earlier (July 15) when neither myself nor my spouse could attach this application to our online account. They eventually replied after 15 business days requesting that I submit a "Use of Representative form" as I am the sponsor and never attached one, but I ignored the email because their response came long after I had linked the application (July 19) to my online account and long after they had even sent the letter requesting for my spouse's passport.

However when I checked E-CAS, there is no new information request except informing me that they sent a letter requesting for my spouse's passport.

I don't know if anyone has experience this "Document Required" + "Observations" in their online account after submitting their passport.

Please can anyone clarify if they have also experienced this or know someone who had/has.

Thanks

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hi @Akissi18

I have been seeing the similar message when I signed on using GC Key, but not for a passport request but "Observations (Required)".

So under the Review of Additional Documents, my status changed to 'We need additional documents to continue Processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.' I also assumed it was referring to my request letter of passport plus the relevant document in the request letter.

When I clicked on the 'View submitted application or upload documents' hyperlink, it gave the following information:

Actually, the first time I saw this message in my online account (GC-Key), the narration was "the following documents were submitted or have been submitted to support your application. You can only provide new versions of previously submitted documents if we request for it. If you do not send the requested document by the deadline, the status will change to "overdue" and you will not be able to submit the document. We will review your application without the requested document".

The above narration stopped showing in my online account, except the part stating "replacement needed", "observations" and the "Aug 12, 2021".

I don't know if the reason is because I sent a web form earlier (July 15) when neither myself nor my spouse could attach this application to our online account. They eventually replied after 15 business days requesting that I submit a "Use of Representative form" as I am the sponsor and never attached one, but I ignored the email because their response came long after I had linked the application (July 19) to my online account and long after they had even sent the letter requesting for my spouse's passport.

However when I checked E-CAS, there is no new information request except informing me that they sent a letter requesting for my spouse's passport.

I don't know if anyone has experience this "Document Required" + "Observations" in their online account after submitting their passport.

Please can anyone clarify if they have also experienced this or know someone who had/has.

Thanks
@Nneji, @Godly8319 shared a similar case, and it turned out it was a technical error. The individual in another thread said they submitted the document IRCC requested, used WebForm to follow-up, and was told it was a technical issue. I've also tagged @Godly8319 to provide some insight.

Just to clarify, so you submitted documentation on behalf of your spouse? No Use of Representative form provided? Could it be because you linked your spouse's application to your online account without a Use of Representative form? I don't think two parties can link an application to an account, it's either the Sponsor or the Principal Applicant. If you have linked his application to your online account you'll need a Representative form.

I'm sorry in advance if I totally missed what you're saying.

Reactions: Godly8319

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
@Nneji, @Godly8319 shared a similar case, and it turned out it was a technical error. The individual in another thread said they submitted the document IRCC requested, used WebForm to follow-up, and was told it was a technical issue. I've also tagged @Godly8319 to provide some insight.

Just to clarify, so you submitted documentation on behalf of your spouse? No Use of Representative form provided? Could it be because you linked your spouse's application to your online account without a Use of Representative form? I don't think two parties can link an application to an account, it's either the Sponsor or the Principal Applicant. If you have linked his application to your online account you'll need a Representative form.

I'm sorry in advance if I totally missed what you're saying.
Hi @Akissi18

I sponsored my spouse but never filled a "Use of Representative form". All correspondence from IRCC were were either sent as emails to us or updated on E-CAS. I did not use the online (GC-KEY) because we both had challenged linking to either of our account. So i remember reading on this forum that you should change number of applicants from "1" to "2", and the minute I did, the application was successfully linked to my profile (not my spouse) on July 19. However before I linked the application, I reached out to IRCC on July 15 to state our challenges with linking the application and did not get any response until Aug 1 where they acknowledged my mail and stated that I should provide that "use of Representative form" to get further assistance with my request. But I ignored the email because it came days after my spouse had submitted his passport + requested docs to VFS office.

So seeing this required document called "Observation" and reading what you wrote, I was wondering if we were expected to upload the passport page plus the document requested in that letter requesting for passport.

That was what I wanted to clarify, or if I should simply ignore the email because "Observation" doesn't mean anything. Was just hoping it was a glitch, also because that long narrative that initially showed had stopped showing. Was hoping someone had experienced the same and could shed more light.

Thanks for responding so quickly, really appreciate.

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
@Nneji in the "Instruction" column there is a blue question mark icon, when you click on the icon what instruction is provided?

Reactions: Godisincontrol

Godly8319

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Hi @Akissi18

Thanks
I had such experience,there is no cause for alarm,personally I think they observe you or your spouse,trying to confirm the authenticity of your marriage, my wife was stopped by a stranger and was asking her personal questions which she answered joking,at the end of it all I got my counterfoil and approval July 19 and passport came in last week. So no need for you to panic.

Reactions: Nneji

AVODamn!!!

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021

• name,
  • date of birth,
  • document number,
  • photo, and

xx
I just noticed this. I clicked on the link and the OBERVATION was overdue. I was supposed to upload since June 17.

Not sure what to do now.

Last edited:

Godly8319

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Not even sure the documents they asked for.
There is nothing wrong,the over due simply means it’s been one month since you submitted your passport,which is the normal deadly PP submission,.. and for the observation thing,nothing to upload there,just stay put and expect approval and passport back to you.

AVODamn!!!

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
There is nothing wrong,the over due simply means it’s been one month since you submitted your passport,which is the normal deadly PP submission,.. and for the observation thing,nothing to upload there,just stay put and expect approval and passport back to you.
Well, I think they sent the observation thing on 18th May, which was when I got my pre arrival letter. The observation thing expired 17 June, which is exactly one month. my passport has been sent to vfs Abuja, not sure if it has reached IRCC. I sent my passport 28 July.