+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cardinal01

Aug 4, 2021
Hello house!
Has any one received GCMS note lately within a fine frame of 35days schedule? My spouse and I applied for GCMS note on the 1st of June, and till now we are yet to get feedback. Mailed them couple of times and got this;

“Hello, ATIP has now increased its timeline to 45 days due to COVID-19. We have sent a reminder to them to expedite your order. Unfortunately, we cannot control their timeline and will follow up”

It’s almost 70 days now.

Mailed Acra VO to enquire about the app processing and they replied this;

“Dear Sir / Madam,
Currently, your file is: Under review. No further action is required on your part at this time.”

please what does this mean in the scheme of things?

Tosyne1

Dec 2, 2020
Hi Everyone,

There has been unnecessary delays in passport transmission by VFS Nigeria Offices in recent time, applicants will have to wait for 2 months between submission and return. Passport are forwarded to Accra VO in batches which makes passport to sit in their offices for not less than 2 weeks before transmission and sometimes if you're unlucky it could take 4 weeks... this is a big problem... which we can take steps to address or ignore...

I have started a change campaign via this link http://chng.it/hKrVf8CZ which can only be successful if you sign the petition (at least 100 for a start)….if you're in doubt of putting your name you can use pseudo name! lets help to improve service delivery and have value for our money.

Please feel free to share this on other platforms

Link ==> http://chng.it/hKrVf8CZ

Last edited:
Reactions: Akissi18

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hello house!
Has any one received GCMS note lately within a fine frame of 35days schedule? My spouse and I applied for GCMS note on the 1st of June, and till now we are yet to get feedback. Mailed them couple of times and got this;

“Hello, ATIP has now increased its timeline to 45 days due to COVID-19. We have sent a reminder to them to expedite your order. Unfortunately, we cannot control their timeline and will follow up”

It’s almost 70 days now.

“Dear Sir / Madam,
Currently, your file is: Under review. No further action is required on your part at this time.”

What is your timeline?

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hi Everyone,

There has been unnecessary delays in passport transmission by VFS Nigeria Offices in recent time, applicants will have to wait for 2 months between submission and return. Passport are forwarded to Accra VO in batches which makes passport to sit in their offices for not less than 2 weeks before transmission and sometimes if you're unlucky it could take 4 weeks... this is a big problem... which we can take steps to address or ignore...

I have started a change campaign via this link http://chng.it/hKrVf8CZ which can only be successful if you sign the petition (at least 100 for a start)….if you're in doubt of putting your name you can use pseudo name! lets help to improve service delivery and have value for our money.

Please feel free to share this on other platforms

Link ==> http://chng.it/hKrVf8CZ
Nice one. These are the kind of things we need to make these guys sit up and do their jobs. I am afraid many of us are always too docile and tend to "leave everything for God"

Reactions: Tosyne1

rosamor228

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hello house!

It’s almost 70 days now.

“Dear Sir / Madam,

Hello,
That's message I always received when I inquired to Accra visa office.
Atip sometimes delays to send your request but it will come.
Hope this helps!

Cardinal01

Aug 4, 2021
Hello,
That's message I always received when I inquired to Accra visa office.
Atip sometimes delays to send your request but it will come.
Hope this helps!
Thanks Rosamor 228.

this wait is frustrating though but this is helpful. Please, how long have you been getting this message from AVO?

Oluwafisayo25

Apr 16, 2019
AOR - Oct 2019
Medical and Biometric - Nov 2019
Update Spouse after marriage - Dec 2019.
Spouse Biometric - March 2020.

Since then no update.

Last GCMS was in Jan 2021. Security not started as at then.
Your timeline is same as mine... Am October 30 2019... Still waiting...gcms notes will surely come!!!

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Congratulations to those who finally received their passport from VFS!! @Blessuche, @Goodiesville, and to anyone else I missed - I celebrate with you all ;)
@LeaAmbrose congrats on DM, I'm sensing PPR next week for you! *fingers crossed* keep us posted!
And to everyone else, I look forward to hearing good news from you all, stay encouraged!

Our timeline re: PA's passport submission:
JUL 30 - Passport and documents dropped off at DHL (Accra, Ghana)
AUG 02 - Passport and documents out for delivered and delivered at Ghana VFS
AUG 02 - Passport and documents dispatched to IRCC Office
AUG 03 - Passport and documents received and under process at IRCC Office

Reactions: Tosyne1 and Bgil

damdam25

Oct 14, 2018
Congratulations to those who finally received their passport from VFS!! @Blessuche, @Goodiesville, and to anyone else I missed - I celebrate with you all ;)
@LeaAmbrose congrats on DM, I'm sensing PPR next week for you! *fingers crossed* keep us posted!
And to everyone else, I look forward to hearing good news from you all, stay encouraged!

Our timeline re: PA's passport submission:
JUL 30 - Passport and documents dropped off at DHL (Accra, Ghana)
AUG 02 - Passport and documents out for delivered and delivered at Ghana VFS
AUG 02 - Passport and documents dispatched to IRCC Office
AUG 03 - Passport and documents received and under process at IRCC Office

Hello,

Please which address did you use to send your document to VFS Accra and then the IRCC office? We need to send a requested document and would really appreciate your help

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hello,

Please which address did you use to send your document to VFS Accra and then the IRCC office? We need to send a requested document and would really appreciate your help
Hello,
We couriered passport + documents via DHL to the address below.

Address:
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)
Canada Visa Application Centre
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Ghana
Baptist Convention House, Abelenkpe road,
Abelemkpe, Accra, Ghana

Reactions: Kay3k

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
@daman88 and from there they will dispatch passport + documents to IRCC, VFS tracking number will be provided via email.

damdam25

Oct 14, 2018
Hello,
We couriered passport + documents via DHL to the address below.

Address:
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)
Canada Visa Application Centre
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Ghana
Baptist Convention House, Abelenkpe road,
Abelemkpe, Accra, Ghana
Thank you so much

Reactions: Akissi18

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
I just wanted to share with you something I noticed on GCKEY that I missed before.

On the JUL 27 we rec'd PPR letter, I noticed under Review of Additional Documents, the status changed to 'We need additional documents to continue Processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.' However, I didn't think anything of it, I just assumed it was referring to the request letter of passport + documents which we were going to mail out.

Just now (as I'm prepare to go to bed) I logged into our GCKEY account, and I noticed under the Review of Additional Documents that status had not changed.

Anyways, something told me to click the 'View submitted application or upload documents' hyperlink, which I did. Funny enough, there was instructions which stated:

You must submit a legible copy of your valid travel document which you will use to travel.

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.
If you do not have a passport and must use another travel document, it must be issued by a government and include your:

• name,
  • date of birth,
  • document number,
  • citizenship or residency status,
  • photo, and
  • expiry date (if applicable).

Required By: August 26, 2021

I've uploaded a copy of my hubby's passport. I just thought I should share this piece of information only because during this entire process the 'View submitted application or upload documents' was not made use of, there was no way to upload documents, hence WebForm, so I was quite surprised.

Anywhoo, I'm not sure if uploading a copy of my hubby's passport on GCKEY will make a difference in processing his application since his passport + documents was received by IRCC on AUG 03.

Anyways, I hope to wake up to some good news from you all (g'night for now).
xx