+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

damdam25

Oct 14, 2018
Hello house,
We just received an update, a decision has been made: Approved!!! Glory be to the Most High!!

The following details about our application status was updated:

Aug 09, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed.
May 31, 2021 Your background check was completed.
August 09, 2021 Your application was approved.

Document (Counterfoil) Status provided.

Passport Submission Timeline:
JUL 30 - Passport + doc via DHL (Accra, Ghana)
AUG 02 - Delivered, VFS
AUG 02 - Dispatched to IRCC
AUG 03 - Rec'd and under process at IRCC
AUG 09 - Uploaded copy of PP to GCKEY
AUG 09 - Approved + Counterfoil

Now we await for the return of PP.

Processing Time
: 6 months 12 days

Thank you all for your support, assistance, and words of encouragement.

I just wanted to say as a little word of encouragement, distance cannot keep you and your spouse away, it's your love that binds you and your spouse together.
For those still waiting, don't give up! One thing IRCC can't take away from you is the love you share with your spouse. Very soon you'll be reunited with your spouse! I continue to keep you all in my prayers.

I'm forever lurking on this forum, so don't hesitate to reach out, if I can assist I will, and if not, we'll work through it together. I hope to hear good news from you all, so we celebrate together!!
xx
Hello,

Congratulations!! Sorry to disturb you, we also just got PPR and are thinking of sending to Accra directly like you did.
Please which fees did you have to pay and how did you pay?

Did you have to pay package transmission fee because biometric was done at a different vfs?

I read on vfs site that fees have to be paid in CEDIS so how can we do this from Lagos?

Also the VFS consent form how did you fill page 3 and 4 asking about indirect submission and biometrics.

I’d really appreciate your assistance

• Love
Reactions: Akissi18

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
We are having trouble paying for the fee for the PPR. My husband is in Nigeria, but we wish to send the package straight to the Accra VO. Is there any way I can pay it from Canada? And how would I get a receipt? Any pointers from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Congratulations dear!!!!! So happy for you!!

I don't think you can pay from Canada, please check out this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/9576355

"Payment can be made through any family or resident in Ghana but if you don't have anybody there, walk into any Ecobank in Nigeria and tell them you want to make payment into an Ecobank Ghana account. You will have to go with the USD equivalent of the amount and there are charges"

Reactions: Ayo IB

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hello,

Congratulations!! Sorry to disturb you, we also just got PPR and are thinking of sending to Accra directly like you did.
Please which fees did you have to pay and how did you pay?

Did you have to pay package transmission fee because biometric was done at a different vfs?

I read on vfs site that fees have to be paid in CEDIS so how can we do this from Lagos?

Also the VFS consent form how did you fill page 3 and 4 asking about indirect submission and biometrics.

I’d really appreciate your assistance
Congratulations @damdam25 !!! Oh please, you're not disturbing me at all ;)

You can visit this thread for reference:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passports-to-accra-visa-office.528632/page-118#post-9576355

• PA is living in Accra, Ghana, he paid GHC 36 because he gave his biometrics at Accra VAC and submitted proof of biometric sticker/receipt inside passport.

• Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration​
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited​
Account Branch: Head office​
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC​
Account Number – 1441000695744​
Address;​
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)​

Payment can be made through any family or resident in Ghana but if you don't have anybody there, walk into any Ecobank in Nigeria and tell them you want to make payment into an Ecobank Ghana account. You will have to go with the USD equivalent of the amount and there are charges.

• As for the Consent Form, we left page 3 blank, and filled out Applicants wishing to provide biometrics (name, signature, and date) as he completed his biometrics at Accra VAC.
I hope this helps!!!

Reactions: Nailah and Ayo IB

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Big congratulations to @Ayo IB @LeaAmbrose @damdam25 on PPR!!
I also celebrate you with guys, my spouse received his PP and COPR this morning!! What a journey it has been. Ever grateful!! The race is finally over for us, but I'm on the sideline cheering for you all in this house!!!

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Big congratulations to @Ayo IB @LeaAmbrose @damdam25 on PPR!!
I also celebrate you with guys, my spouse received his PP and COPR this morning!! What a journey it has been. Ever grateful!! The race is finally over for us, but I'm on the sideline cheering for you all in this house!!!
Wow . I'm so happy to hear this. Everyone on this platform is amazing but you're exceptional. I'm hoping to visit you when I finally get my PP and COPR I'm in almost in my third month of application processing. I'm glad

• Love

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
We are having trouble paying for the fee for the PPR. My husband is in Nigeria, but we wish to send the package straight to the Accra VO. Is there any way I can pay it from Canada? And how would I get a receipt? Any pointers from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Please try the Ecobank app, it's reliable.

damdam25

Oct 14, 2018
Hi @Ayo IB, I sent to Accra directly using DHL. I got someone to pay in Ghana cedis for VFS Accra. The person was in Ghana. If you can send directly, please do. It’s faster
Hi @Midepearls please what is the breakdown of the fees you paid to Accra VFS, not sure how much we will pay because biometrics was done in Lagos and I think we will need to pay transmission fee since we don’t want to use VFS lagos for passport

damdam25

Oct 14, 2018
Congratulations @damdam25 !!! Oh please, you're not disturbing me at all ;)

You can visit this thread for reference:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passports-to-accra-visa-office.528632/page-118#post-9576355

• PA is living in Accra, Ghana, he paid GHC 36 because he gave his biometrics at Accra VAC and submitted proof of biometric sticker/receipt inside passport.

• Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration​
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited​
Account Branch: Head office​
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC​
Account Number – 1441000695744​
Address;​
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)​

Payment can be made through any family or resident in Ghana but if you don't have anybody there, walk into any Ecobank in Nigeria and tell them you want to make payment into an Ecobank Ghana account. You will have to go with the USD equivalent of the amount and there are charges.

• As for the Consent Form, we left page 3 blank, and filled out Applicants wishing to provide biometrics (name, signature, and date) as he completed his biometrics at Accra VAC.
I hope this helps!!!
Thank you so much!!

• Love

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Wow . I'm so happy to hear this. Everyone on this platform is amazing but you're exceptional. I'm hoping to visit you when I finally get my PP and COPR I'm in almost in my third month of application processing. I'm glad
Awww, you're too kind!! Thank you!! And that would be nice!! I'll be following your journey ;) <3 xo

• Love
Reactions: Penny.a

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
For those planning to send their passport package to Accra VFS, when in doubt * I can't stress this enough* contact Accra CVAC via email: info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com. Quick response time.

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi @Midepearls please what is the breakdown of the fees you paid to Accra VFS, not sure how much we will pay because biometrics was done in Lagos and I think we will need to pay transmission fee since we don’t want to use VFS lagos for passport
We paid 405Ghana cedis then from Ibadan I sent from to Accra was 31100 for DHL services. But as @Akissi18 said you can get more info online. Please if you need more information, you can private chat me. Trying to attach the screenshot of what we followed , I can seem to do that

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Thank you Akissi18! I will take the time to properly acknowledge once I have gotten the payment stress over with. This is getting difficult. Just went to two banks and spoke with my banks on the phone after my husband was unable to send the money via his bank in Nigeria. But I will use your suggestions, and get him to go straight to an Ecobank in Nigeria. Or check out that App, Penny.a.

Midepearls

Star Member
Oct 29, 2020
Thank you Akissi18! I will take the time to properly acknowledge once I have gotten the payment stress over with. This is getting difficult. Just went to two banks and spoke with my banks on the phone after my husband was unable to send the money via his bank in Nigeria. But I will use your suggestions, and get him to go straight to an Ecobank in Nigeria. Or check out that App, Penny.a.
If you know someone in Accra, they can help you. You just said the Naira equivalent or dollars equivalent. After payment is made. Let them just scan it and email it to you, you print it out and send it via DHL with the other documents

damdam25

Oct 14, 2018
We paid 405Ghana cedis then from Ibadan I sent from to Accra was 31100 for DHL services. But as @Akissi18 said you can get more info online. Please if you need more information, you can private chat me. Trying to attach the screenshot of what we followed , I can seem to do that
Oh thank you! I don’t mind the private chat, let me see if i can send a message