+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi guys, I'm so glad to be here in this forum, & I've been enjoying the information regularly shared here.

Congratulations to all those that have gotten their Visas or PPR, & I wish the best for all of us still in the process as we wait patiently.

I am 6 months into my application, & I know it usually take a year for the process. But I have got responses that suggests that I should be getting a decision made between now & March 19.

Please take a look at my timeline. What do you think, guys: "Do I have a genuine reason to think that a decision will be made so soon?"

• Application submitted in July 2019
• AOR on Aug 26, 2019
• Medicals request on Feb 4, 2020
• Pre-arrival letter on Feb 12, 2020
• RPRF request letter on Feb 20, 2020 [asked to pay within 28 days, stating that final decision within this time]
• Medicals done on Feb 24, 2020
• Medicals updated in March 2, 2020 or so
• RPRF paid in March 6, 2020.

We go married in March 16, 2019 [last year]. "Should I think that we will be having an anniversary gift from IRCC in the form of a PPR?"

Please guys, what do you think?

Going by what I see here, I am so curious.

Reactions: Momo332

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys, I'm so glad to be here in this forum, & I've been enjoying the information regularly shared here.

Congratulations to all those that have gotten their Visas or PPR, & I wish the best for all of us still in the process as we wait patiently.

I am 6 months into my application, & I know it usually take a year for the process. But I have got responses that suggests that I should be getting a decision made between now & March 19.

Please take a look at my timeline. What do you think, guys: "Do I have a genuine reason to think that a decision will be made so soon?"

• AOR on Aug 26, 2019
• RPRF request letter on Feb 20, 2020 [asked to pay within 28 days, stating that final decision within this time]

We go married in March 16, 2019 [last year]. "Should I think that we will be having an anniversary gift from IRCC in the form of a PPR?"

You already got the pre arrival so that’s a good thing for sure you won’t be required to attend an interview, I’m not sure about getting ppr on your anniversary date but I pray you do, mine was actually sent to me on my birthday, but you should get ppr before the end of the month..congrats

Tanyusuf

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019

• AOR on Aug 26, 2019

Oh sorry! I've seen your timeline

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
You already got the pre arrival so that’s a good thing for sure you won’t be required to attend an interview, I’m not sure about getting ppr on your anniversary date but I pray you do, mine was actually sent to me on my birthday, but you should get ppr before the end of the month..congrats
Smiling...
Thanks for that reassuring reply, & congratulations once more, Zikky, for yours.
I truly hope I'll get it before this month end. I am already missing my wife so much. I'll keep you guys posted.

Reactions: Zikky

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Dear All, please I would like to know how to proof that I intend to move to Canada and sponsor my wife and child.

I am living outside Canada and I intend to move, but need time to clear from my home country some assets and other stuff.

Info on this would be highly appreciated.
You must be a permanent resident of Canada before you can do that.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hello

I passed my Medical on GCkey on January 15, 2020.
eCAS has an update of "Medical results have been received"

Does anyone know when "Pre-arrival email" will be received or when I will get DM?
I have heard of some applicants who got visa but didn't receive pre-arrival services letter, some before their PPR, while others got it just after their PPR. However, anyone that has received the "Medical Request letter" is qualified to use the service.
Since you have gotten that letter, you can register and benefit from the pre-arrival services. If you have not started already, I'll recommend you start using it now to be well prepared to enter & settle in Canada.
Someone has posted the entire letter, but for ease, I am posting excerpts of it that has the links that you need to enjoy thess services.
"If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/
new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are
interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp."

Reactions: Momo332

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
Alhamdulilahi, I wanna thank everyone on here who have helped me in one way or the other from filling of application to other various questions that have helped me and my spouse through out this journey. It’s been God. My spouse has collected her passport and COPR. Thank you guys and I pray for everyone who are still waiting that your time is coming. Just keep the hope high.

Berntutu

Jan 10, 2020
Ghana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
AOR Received.
19th August 2019
Alhamdulilahi, I wanna thank everyone on here who have helped me in one way or the other from filling of application to other various questions that have helped me and my spouse through out this journey. It’s been God. My spouse has collected her passport and COPR. Thank you guys and I pray for everyone who are still waiting that your time is coming. Just keep the hope high.
Congratulations

Reactions: Rich4bright

Tanyusuf

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I have heard of some applicants who got visa but didn't receive pre-arrival services letter, some before their PPR, while others got it just after their PPR. However, anyone that has received the "Medical Request letter" is qualified to use the service.
Since you have gotten that letter, you can register and benefit from the pre-arrival services. If you have not started already, I'll recommend you start using it now to be well prepared to enter & settle in Canada.
Someone has posted the entire letter, but for ease, I am posting excerpts of it that has the links that you need to enjoy thess services.
"If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/
new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are
interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp."
Thank you