+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Marte

Mar 19, 2019
Congratulations..so u got your visa on the spot after the interview? Like your passport was stamped there and then?
Yes, kind of was asked to wait till a later time same day and I picked it up same day. With my visa and a PR confirmation paper

Lordnath

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019
An interesting read

https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/40-2/CIMM/meeting-32/evidence

---My Opinion

In Late 2009, the house committee on citizenship and immigration deliberated on the inequitable processing time for spousal application in Nairobi and Accra. While processing times have much improved a decade later, the inequitable processing time is still there considering the fact that Mississauga approves in 4 months on average compared to Accra's 8 months. The core reasons were touched on in the deliberations. Two of the many reasons I gleaned are;

1. Accra sends medical results in bulk to Paris for examination. They wait for a sizable number and send as a batch.
2. Accra is under-staffed in relation to the workload.

Another notable reason is the yearly quota for the visa category which could see visa posts stop processing once their quota is reached.
While recommendations from that committee meeting have reduced the processing time over the years from 32 months to 8 months avg, we are still dealing with core bureaucratic issues identified at that meeting.

However, the wait is more tolerable knowing why a Mississauga applicant will be united with their family and cuddling up to their spouses especially in winter's unforgiving cold, while their contemporaries in Accra are waiting for medical requests.

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
ECAS change: Until last week our file showed "In process". This week it has changed to 'Application Received'.

We are PR Outland Sponsorship, and our file is in Accra.

Is this going backwards? Isn't the application received first and then the AVO starts the process of reviewing the file?

I am concerned that our file is getting put on the back burner and will sit there through the holidays with no action. Just wanted confirmation that we are moving forward in this long waiting game.

Any help please.

nwokem

Dec 10, 2019
I have been coming here to check timelines often and also know what is happening. So, I just created an account today so I can make contribution, not just being a silent reader.

I am the sponsor, the PA timeline is as follows:

Application received in Nova Scotia - July 22, 2019
AOR - September 13, 2019
Biometric request - September 16, 2019
Sponsor approval - September 17, 2019
ADR (Nigeria police character certificate) - September 24, 2019
File moved to Accra - September 30, 2019.
Since the family stays in the East of Nigeria, I advised them to do everything that would require traveling to Lagos at once. So they did medicals alongside biometric, even without medical request. And then go back to East and get the police certificate.
Medical (kind of upfront) - October 8, 2019
Biometrics done - October 8, 2019
Raised CSE to submit the police certificate and copies of medicals - October 14, 2019
Pre-arrival email - November 30, 2019 (Saturday)
PPR - December 3, 2019.

I was still planning to create ecas account to be checking progress but then PPR came. No ECAS, no CIC account. I now wonder, why do people create those accounts? To increase high blood pressure?

Some of the reasons I think the processing was faster than average Accra timeline.
1. I just came to Canada in July this year as a PR. My PR application was approved in June, so i guess my file was still fresh for them not to bother with series of checks.
2. I declared all the family members in my application but as non-accompanying dependants. So they were evaluated as well, and may not have to undergo scrutiny again.
3. They didn't have to wait for medical request. So, I guess the case officer will just say "everything is already here, why not finalise this file".

Thanks guys. Good luck to everyone!

All plans have changed now:) I was hoping for May/June next year as per their arrival but now much earlier, all things being equal.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
I have been coming here to check timelines often and also know what is happening. So, I just created an account today so I can make contribution, not just being a silent reader.

AOR - September 13, 2019
Since the family stays in the East of Nigeria, I advised them to do everything that would require traveling to Lagos at once. So they did medicals alongside biometric, even without medical request. And then go back to East and get the police certificate.
Raised CSE to submit the police certificate and copies of medicals - October 14, 2019
PPR - December 3, 2019.

I was still planning to create ecas account to be checking progress but then PPR came. No ECAS, no CIC account. I now wonder, why do people create those accounts? To increase high blood pressure?

Some of the reasons I think the processing was faster than average Accra timeline.
1. I just came to Canada in July this year as a PR. My PR application was approved in June, so i guess my file was still fresh for them not to bother with series of checks.
2. I declared all the family members in my application but as non-accompanying dependants. So they were evaluated as well, and may not have to undergo scrutiny again.
3. They didn't have to wait for medical request. So, I guess the case officer will just say "everything is already here, why not finalise this file".

All plans have changed now:) I was hoping for May/June next year as per their arrival but now much earlier, all things being equal.
Congrats

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017

AOR - September 13, 2019
PPR - December 3, 2019.

Lucky you! Congrats

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Charged: 7-02-2015

AOR - September 13, 2019
PPR - December 3, 2019.

Congratulations ! You file is fast because you have already declared them as ,non accompanying dependants and not because you just came to Canada .
Sponsor approval takes only few days after AOR in every case except very complicated cases.
Linking application to cgkey and checking ecas is good because sometimes you can miss those emails, I have seen people missing medical emails because of that but if you are linked to cgkey the mails will be there.
Also at the very last stage of the application, once you drop your passport with VFS , VFS might not inform you that the passport is ready for pick up but once your counter foil is issued in your cgkey, you can give it few days and go pick it up at VFS . It will.be at VFS already.
Have you submitted your passport to VFS already?

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
PPR in. March 7 applicant .
Medicals passed: Sept 5 .
Ghost update Dec 10
Pre arrival and DM on ecas : Dec 11
PPR: Dec 11
Gloryto God

Last edited:

agiegirl01

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
You can submit your passport in person or by mail. If you are submitting in person, this is what you should do.
Proceed to VFS Global office at Lekki with your passport, the passport request letter, two passport photographs (one of the passport photograph should be stamped and signed by the photographer then your name and date of birth written on it). You should also fill form IMM008 and Additional Family Information Form ONLY if there has been a change in your family composition or marital status. If there is none, then there is no need filling out those two forms, just jump to the Height and Eye color chart. You will also pay a transmission fee of roughly N8200. I hope this helps. Do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything that is not clear to you.
How do we pay the transmission fees? When we get to VFS or online ?

Reactions: wizzyfc