Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Hello everyone, I have been away from the site for a long time. My husband and I were not successful in our sponsorship (including appeal) and we have been forced to live apart for several years now because we were unable to meet the criteria under the Harper government. We are preparing to apply again. We were assessed as being unlikely to be a legitimate couple due to differences in race, age and financial status despite submitting a great deal of paperwork, photos and so on. We have now been married for nearly 6 years and continue to live apart (work/ financial necessity). If there is anyone out there has any wisdom for us, we would greatly appreciate it. We do not know what more we can do to "prove" that our relationship is legitimate.

Reactions: maki22

Gallant1010

Apr 4, 2018
Hello everyone, I have been away from the site for a long time. My husband and I were not successful in our sponsorship (including appeal) and we have been forced to live apart for several years now because we were unable to meet the criteria under the Harper government. We are preparing to apply again. We were assessed as being unlikely to be a legitimate couple due to differences in race, age and financial status despite submitting a great deal of paperwork, photos and so on. We have now been married for nearly 6 years and continue to live apart (work/ financial necessity). If there is anyone out there has any wisdom for us, we would greatly appreciate it. We do not know what more we can do to "prove" that our relationship is legitimate.
This is rather unfortunate. I will advise you seek letters from a religious leader of your church/mosque

Mrs.Namlteng

Aug 21, 2018
hi new comer here... i sent my application to Sydney, Nova Scotia august 31 2018, its an outbound application i am a Canadian resident and my husband lives in Ghana, i've seen from this thread that the wait time is not long at all this is giving me hope and faith

Orukonla

Sep 30, 2018
Hello, everyone. Please I submitted my application in April with a medical result (upfront). But I received an e-mail five days ago requesting for another medical test. I wonder why the previous test couldn't be considered instead. Could it be that it wasnt sent to them from Canada? Is it likely to have been deemed outdated (I did it in March, 2018 and my wife submitted the application in April in Canada)? Please, anyone with helpful tips should enlighten me on this. Thanks a lot.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Hello, everyone. Please I submitted my application in April with a medical result (upfront). But I received an e-mail five days ago requesting for another medical test. I wonder why the previous test couldn't be considered instead. Could it be that it wasnt sent to them from Canada? Is it likely to have been deemed outdated (I did it in March, 2018 and my wife submitted the application in April in Canada)? Please, anyone with helpful tips should enlighten me on this. Thanks a lot.
The system has recently changed, now you have to wait for medical request from immigration which has to be done by a panel physician. http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

After the medical exams is completed the physicians forward the result to immigration. This could be a reason why they have requested it now again.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
So sorry for your situation. I would definitely bring this up with your Member of Parliament, get the best immigration lawyer to prepare application, and start process again. Remember, we are now under a Liberal government that promotes both family reunification and multiculturalism. Wishing you the best.

Last edited:

Galega

Mar 20, 2015
Hello everyone am new to this forum is there any sept application that have received passport request after medical? My application just reach the 12mnth mark and no news after medical received in April. Just curious
We also received our medical pass in March 2018 and still have not heard anything. We are in our 12th month.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
The whole application process varies for everyone. It is about 10 to 15 months on average to decision (lately about 12) and an extra one month for getting visa back. Because every case is different there is no way to exactly pinpoint when someone's case will be finalized unfortunately.

Last edited:

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Oh do you meant 10 to 15 months after medical or for the whole processing time from when application was submit
After medical it takes 5+ months to hear back from AVO. The entire application process is on average 12 months (anywhere from 10 to 15 months) to the decision. Then it takes about 1 more month to get visa back.

Last edited: