+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Immigration will send you procedural fairness letter when an officer have doubt about your marriage. You must send all evidence you can lay your hands on, prove to them that your marriage is genuine and you're good to go.
And also when you lie about certain questions on the schedule A. You must be truthful about questions on schedule A because they will do all the background checks to find out it's true.
That's my experience though, but when you receive a procedural fairness letter, don't panic. You just have to gather more evidence and keep praying and leave the rest to God.
Thanks for all that. I realize what the letter is about, and I haven't received one. I was just curious if those that have received one were really surprised, or kind of realized that they didn't have a lot of proof at the time that they first applied.

Reactions: Akanni2017

McAkyne

May 19, 2017
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra
Congratulations to everyone getting PPR and for those still waiting, yours are on the way. Channel your energy into preparing for life here in terms of what you would like to do after you arrive. Think sending your university transcripts to WES or ICAS for degree equivalency, gettting a valid drivers license from Nigeria, research schools and courses close to your spouse if you want to take that path, if you’re a licensed professional you may want to start reading up how to get a license in that field if you want to do the same work in Canada.
Right now, due to the pressure of the wait we tend to forget what happens afterwards which is understandable. Things move really quickly here and time is expensive so getting prepared with most of the information you need will help you settle in faster. If you’re a pharmacist and looking for further information on the options in Canada, you can PM me.
This is so true, same thing my wife advised me, you need to start preparing for the life there from here.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Additional documents requested from AVO which we sent and since then no PPR yet and my application reaches the one year mark this week this sometimes makes me wonder if these VO’S are christians at all hmmm!

balasana89

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
Doc's Request.
02-03-2018 - Schedule A and PCC
AOR Received.
02-03-2018 AOR 1
File Transfer...
29-03-2018
Hello forum,

Just wondering about the current timeline for AVO... seems they are all over the place. Between 10 and 13 months. Is this correct?

kingskid

Feb 20, 2014
Additional documents requested from AVO which we sent and since then no PPR yet and my application reaches the one year mark this week this sometimes makes me wonder if these VO’S are christians at all hmmm!

When did you send your ADR

OneBoo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Congratulations to everyone getting PPR and for those still waiting, yours are on the way. Channel your energy into preparing for life here in terms of what you would like to do after you arrive. Think sending your university transcripts to WES or ICAS for degree equivalency, gettting a valid drivers license from Nigeria, research schools and courses close to your spouse if you want to take that path, if you’re a licensed professional you may want to start reading up how to get a license in that field if you want to do the same work in Canada.
Right now, due to the pressure of the wait we tend to forget what happens afterwards which is understandable. Things move really quickly here and time is expensive so getting prepared with most of the information you need will help you settle in faster. If you’re a pharmacist and looking for further information on the options in Canada, you can PM me.
This is great info! Thanks @Ugoswife

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Okay if you say so. But the recent one I sent to them will expire by June, that is 6months. I hope they don't request for police clearance again when they email me for PPR.
@Kwamtin, my hubby did his Ghana one 16 months before we got PPR (avo had it for 14) and we weren't asked to redo the Ghana PCC. So, i believe if you don't go to Ghana before you get PPR, you'll be fine.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
@Kwamtin, my hubby did his Ghana one 16 months before we got PPR (avo had it for 14) and we weren't asked to redo the Ghana PCC. So, i believe if you don't go to Ghana before you get PPR, you'll be fine.
ignore this. it seems you got PPR after all :) @Kwamtin. Congratulations!

Reactions: Kwamtin

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
I am glad this topic pops up here and believe me everyone needs to be careful about posting on face book or at least make sure everything you post matches your application. During our application my wife was posting some picture and a lot of information so I stop her from doing so cos I know they can use that information during a background check.
yes, social media can bring one down. you are only as secure as your most insecure friend's settings. I suggest people put security settings in place where no one can tag them, check them in or post on their page without you approving it first.