+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Yeah, sorry my answer was actually adressed to Blackstar. But for your case, may you please show us the full email they sent to you. Just to be sure if there is not anything else than your marriage.

You're right. Sorry...
Below are the contents of email sent by AVO ;

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident
visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a
foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of
their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other
prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002
defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the
family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s
spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations,
no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a
conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal
partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or
privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.
High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 1639, 42 Independence Ave, Accra, Ghana
Fax (233-30) 2 211-524 (visas) - www.accra.gc.ca
Email: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Haut-commissariat du Canada
Service Immigration
B.P. 1639, 42 ave de l'Indépendance, Accra (Ghana)
Fax (233-30) 2211-524 (visas) - www.accra.gc.ca
Courriel : accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is
genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the
purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The information submitted is the
same information used to determine your DR application. With no new
information there is nothing of value to determine an ongoing bona fide
relationship exists. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be
considered to be a member of the family class.
You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to
me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this
letter on any information you submit.
And further, I am concerned that you have tried to circumvent the Federal Court of
Canada’s Appeal decision to NOT re-determine the DR decision, which may be
considered an abuse of process.
As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days
from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional
information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented,
which may result in the refusal of your application.
Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM

Refugee Protection Act.
foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of
defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the
family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s
Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations,
conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal
partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or
Immigration Section
Service Immigration
Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is
relationship exists. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be
You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to
me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this
And further, I am concerned that you have tried to circumvent the Federal Court of
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
Well DAMN!!! Your case is complexxxx

What case do you have at federal court? And they mention DR applicatio which class did you apply and what was the outcome

We need to dissect this one at a time provide more details

Reactions: AtGod

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet

Refugee Protection Act.
Immigration Section
Service Immigration
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
Thank you for sharing. May you explain what is DR application? And what led you at federal court? It seems like you have a background with CIC. And their doubts come from this old story. Please give us more details.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Thank you for sharing. May you explain what is DR application? And what led you at federal court? It seems like you have a background with CIC. And their doubts come from this old story. Please give us more details.
@AtGod. the DR stands for the 'Dependent of a Refugee" hence it means he was a dependent on his family refugee application which was refused and the case went to the federal court. Therefore, if the case wasn't successful at the federal court there is no way you can apply for spousal sponsorship for the application to be accepted easily. All in all, it is the negative outcome of the DR application which is hunting the new application. I pray for a positive outcome but this is a complex case.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
So guys is it advisable to exceed the required documents on the checklist? A previous poster sent 80 pix though the checklist stipulates a maximum of 20.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
So guys is it advisable to exceed the required documents on the checklist? A previous poster sent 80 pix though the checklist stipulates a maximum of 20.
I sent over 160 pictures total.. you can send as many as you like. Although its capped at 20 Avo are same people to ask for more evidence. The more you submit the better.

Reactions: iyawoSparks

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
So @bakanomics were you a dependent on a family class application before thats currently in Federal court pending a decision? And now you are applying for spousal?

Your case is not aa simple because you have not clearly outline the whole story we are guessing here.

Who applied for refugee status in canada?
Were you applicant or dependent?
Did that refugee claim go through?
Looks like its pending and your position on the application as a dependent? The status for refugee is it private or government ref claim? Or did the person come to canada and claimed refugee upon port of entry?

Kindly brief us on the whole story.

It looks like material evidence u used on that app is haunting you on this app...

Sandyyyy

Dec 9, 2017
@ Sunday I sincerely appreciate your response, please can you help with the exact e mail address I can send to as I had sent to one I saw last year. Please I honestly need help friends, kindly render your advises please.

Sandyyyy

Dec 9, 2017
Ugoswife ,cutie and others please help me, my spousal sponsorship application has been in Ghana since June 2015, medicals has been received since July. No words from them. I ve been separated from my husband for so long am so frustrated, please I need your advise. How do they communicate to applicants? E mail, phone call, letters? Which pls. What can I do? Any e mail address I can do a mail to and get response? Any No I can call? Please help

Sandyyyy

Dec 9, 2017
Hello house. So i sent a mail to the minister on 11th nov after my gcms note got back.i just got the response below:

Thank you for your correspondence of November 11, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for permanent residence under the Family Class. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. Officers assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

The Department understands that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

As family reunification is a priority for IRCC, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of Canada’s immigration program is a departmental priority. As mentioned above, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements, which include medical, criminality, and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants are required to update their results.

Regarding the Department’s processing times, I would like to clarify that the times listed on IRCC’s Website indicate the average processing time for an application, meaning that officers are completing 80 percent of applications within the listed timeframe from the date of receipt of the completed application. These processing times are published to give applicants a general idea of how long a process takes. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the number of applications the Department has received, as well as the circumstances and complexity of each individual case.

IRCC records indicate that your application is actively being processed at the visa office in Accra and is within the published processing times. Please be assured that you will be contacted should any additional information be required, or once a final decision has been reached.

Further information about Canada’s commitments to family reunification can be found online at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-12-15.asp; additional information about processing times, including how to check the status of an application, can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp.

Thank you for writing. I hope that you will find this information to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Ministerial Enquiries Division

At least they responded. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. I also filled another IM5669 form and send a letter explaining what happened and apologising for omitting the denied usa visa. God should just have mercy and end this waiting period for me and all those expectant
Hello dear, please can I have the e mail address you sent to?

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
Thank you. I am actually visiting this Christmas. I do have our recent WhatsApp and facebook chat ready. I do not know how to print our WhatsApp call logs. If you read towards the end they talked about correspondence of her minors child father . Can you help me with that please. I do not know why they asked that.
Regarding her child and father, I strongly believe they want to ascertain if your wife and her ex has a good relationship /agreement regarding the child. I'm some cases they ask of the child's father's ID card or any document that shows that your wife and her ex separated well and has a good agreement regarding the child's upbringing and custody.

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
Regarding her child and father, I strongly believe they want to ascertain if your wife and her ex has a good relationship /agreement regarding the child. I'm some cases they ask of the child's father's ID card or any document that shows that your wife and her ex separated well and has a good agreement regarding the child's upbringing and custody.
They want to make sure your wife is not running away from her responsibility as the mother of the child or running away with the child without the father's consent.

Reactions: Joejj123

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
  1. T
    Morning guys... my ecas started showing "decision made" last night... so waiting for PUM!!! Thank God so far[/QUOTE
    [*]Mine was approved since Monday this week but still waiting for PUM

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Congratulations!

If you live in Lagos Nigeria, I would advice you go to the Consultant and Children practice, Ikoyi, no appointment needed, just get there before 8am, and it is 28000 Naira.

Yes, a pregnant woman can undergo medicals.

I am a medical personnel, you only request for the radio active shield, and the exposure to radiation is so short to cause any defect to the growing embryo/foetus. It is a Chest X-ray, not Abdominal X-ray.

Let them be aware you are pregnant, if you are not showing yet, Because the lab values would be slightly different, so you are not sent to do more tests when the results are out.

Once again, Congratulations.

Disclaimer: The choice Still depends with you, this is just a medical advice/opinion, you can consult your family doctor for more.
Many thanks to you Lagosbabe, my appreciations to all the other who responded like me26, iyawospark, ugos, AtGod, stella , olawu and the entire forum. God bless you all.

Reactions: Joejj123