+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Thank you so much.If DR is" Dependant of Refugee" ,though I was thinking the officer wanted to write "PR".I came to Canada in 2014 as a refugee claimant in which I was granted a paper.My wife and kid had been my dependants.I filed for my family that same year and we were attended to in 2016.We went through an interview in Ghana in which I equally appeared to show the officer truly we are husband and wife.Due to an information in our application which was not in line with one of the questions asked made the officer to deny us.I came back to Canada to appeal and it was dismissed.I was even thinking we were denied may be because I was working part time then and equally receiving a token from welfare.I cut off the welfare when I got a full time job and then re- applied.We got a medical request in July and done on August.
I sent a new application to Mississauga and I was approved to sponsor them.I believe that was why the file was transferred to Accra for further processing.
So that has been the story so far.Nothing is hidden.
Anyways,I need honest opinions of people as per what to do.God bless
You have had enough. Just sit down and analyse your situation yourself and answer AVO yourself. This back forth back forth will not win you the case. CIC doesn't refuse sponsorship so easily. Let no one deceive you of that. It is when you are down that you learn how to organise yourself and pick the pieces together. The face value of the case might look complex in eyes of some people. Disabuse your mind from that and forge ahead. They just quote the immigration regulations to scare applicants. I quite remember when asked for additional documents and started gathering some, some one told me Accra had already taken a decision hence the additional documents were after thought. It is good to listen to what we are all saying but the burden is on you to decide. If you listen too much you will get confused.
Good luck and God bless you.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
You have had enough. Just sit down and analyse your situation yourself and answer AVO yourself. This back forth back forth will not win you the case. CIC doesn't refuse sponsorship so easily. Let no one deceive you of that. It is when you are down that you learn how to organise yourself and pick the pieces together. The face value of the case might look complex in eyes of some people. Disabuse your mind from that and forge ahead. They just quote the immigration regulations to scare applicants. I quite remember when asked for additional documents and started gathering some, some one told me Accra had already taken a decision hence the additional documents were after thought. It is good to listen to what we are all saying but the burden is on you to decide. If you listen too much you will get confused.
Good luck and God bless you.
@Cosey, I think your post here is too harsh honestly. I remember last time you answered someone's post in a way that some members were not happy. When you had your DNA request why didn't you sit down and analyze the situation yourself and answer AVO yourself? But you posted the situation here to share with other members for their opinion. I am not being rude but I think you have to watch out what you say in your posts. As you know this forum also provides emotional support to people in a difficult situation so I don't know why you are saying "this back forth back forth will not win him a case". If you look at the advice the members offered him were very useful and Cutie went further to post some useful material from cic site to help him figure out his option. I believe anyone who have gone through this process obtaining visa has something useful to share with new applicant coming to sake help on how to deal with various form of situation. I also want to point out that if everyone would come to this forum before preparing their application most mistakes leading to refusal would have been prevented so try to be nice and appreciate every member of this forum.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
@Cosey, I think your post here is too harsh honestly. I remember last time you answered someone's post in a way that some members were not happy. When you had your DNA request why didn't you sit down and analyze the situation yourself and answer AVO yourself? But you posted the situation here to share with other members for their opinion. I am not being rude but I think you have to watch out what you say in your posts. As you know this forum also provides emotional support to people in a difficult situation so I don't know why you are saying "this back forth back forth will not win him a case". If you look at the advice the members offered him were very useful and Cutie went further to post some useful material from cic site to help him figure out his option. I believe anyone who have gone through this process obtaining visa has something useful to share with new applicant coming to sake help on how to deal with various form of situation. I also want to point out that if everyone would come to this forum before preparing their application most mistakes leading to refusal would have been prevented so try to be nice and appreciate every member of this forum.
@bbcanada i concur with everything you have said to @Cosey.
We do not mind supplying information to help our bros and sis to win and tackle their battle.

So @Cosey if you dont wish to participate then dont its not by force however some of US want to help others in need therefore your negative and inaccurate feedback you provide at time is in conflict of our positive feedback. JUST AN FYI and i am not trying to be rude as your current issue pending your in no place to discourage others who are seeking advice her

Referencing your application in 2003 vs 2017? REALLY??

Look what 2016 applicants even have to go through within a couple of months since new process was implemented. Immigration process changes every time and each visa officer thinks differently. As an adjudicator i ask certain questions on a file and if i am not satisfied i will decline. So in the future if you are still around please spare us the irrelevant details and be a little possitive. I gathet information, analyze and refer back to the regulations prior to providing my answers to the questions posed by forum member. WE dont make it up and dont use previous decisions made with current applications to mitigate risks.

Last edited:

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
Thank you so much.If DR is" Dependant of Refugee" ,though I was thinking the officer wanted to write "PR".I came to Canada in 2014 as a refugee claimant in which I was granted a paper.My wife and kid had been my dependants.I filed for my family that same year and we were attended to in 2016.We went through an interview in Ghana in which I equally appeared to show the officer truly we are husband and wife.Due to an information in our application which was not in line with one of the questions asked made the officer to deny us.I came back to Canada to appeal and it was dismissed.I was even thinking we were denied may be because I was working part time then and equally receiving a token from welfare.I cut off the welfare when I got a full time job and then re- applied.We got a medical request in July and done on August.
I sent a new application to Mississauga and I was approved to sponsor them.I believe that was why the file was transferred to Accra for further processing.
So that has been the story so far.Nothing is hidden.
Anyways,I need honest opinions of people as per what to do.God bless
The email was sent to your wife so she is your DR. I don't think putting DR was an a mistake. You said " Due to an information in our application which was not in line with one of the questions asked made the officer to deny us" What was this information? I think you should hire a good immigration lawyer so he can read carefully all your applications since refugee application. I am sure some doubt they have since the beginning is remaining. We don't have all the story so It is difficult to me especially to give a relevant advice. So ask to a lawyer or someone you trust to go through all the forms you had submitted until now. Just to be sure everything is logical. And as others said, you need to provide a NEW proofs of your relationship. You can not keep submitting the same exact proofs and hope for different answers. Submit new proofs with an emotional cover letter but first read again and again all your previous forms and be sure everything is ok and coherent. Good luck! And please read carefully all the advices, we never know how God will help us. Listen everyone, but remember the choice at the end is yours. Stay strong and take your time to give them your answer.

Reactions: Joejj123

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
@bbcanada i concur with everything you have said to @Cosey.
We do not mind supplying information to help our bros and sis to win and tackle their battle.
Exactly so.

So @Cosey if you dont wish to participate then dont its not by force however some of US want to help others in need therefore your negative and inaccurate feedback you provide at time is in conflict of our positive feedback. JUST AN FYI and i am not trying to be rude as your current issue pending your in no place to discourage others who are seeking advice her

Referencing your application in 2003 vs 2017? REALLY??

Look what 2016 applicants even have to go through within a couple of months since new pricess was implemented. Immigration process changes every time and each visa officer thinks differently. As an adjudicator i ask certain questions on a file and if i am not satisfied i will decline. So in the future if you are still around please spare us the irrelevant details and be a little possitive. I gathet information, analyze and refer back to the regulations prior to providing my answers to the questions posed by forum member. WE dont make it up and dont use previous decisions made with current applications to mitigate risks.
The email was sent to your wife so she is your DR. I don't think putting DR was an a mistake. You said " Due to an information in our application which was not in line with one of the questions asked made the officer to deny us" What was this information? I think you should hire a good immigration lawyer so he can read carefully all your applications since refugee application. I am sure some doubt they have since the beginning is remaining. We don't have all the story so It is difficult to me especially to give a relevant advice. So ask to a lawyer or someone you trust to go through all the forms you had submitted until now. Just to be sure everything is logical. And as others said, you need to provide a NEW proofs of your relationship. You can not keep submitting the same exact proofs and hope for different answers. Submit new proofs with an emotional cover letter but first read again and again all your previous forms and be sure everything is ok and coherent. Good luck! And please read carefully all the advices, we never know how God will help us. Listen everyone, but remember the choice at the end is yours. Stay strong and take your time to give them your answer.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
You hit the nail on the head.
@Cosey, what @AtGod, say that made you say "you hit the nail on the head" is the same advice as the other valuable members suggested he should do by submitting new evidence and write an emotional letter to address the issue so make sure you read other people comment before you say things that you have been saying over.

Reactions: Cutie101

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hello members, for those of us who send their original document to AVO please send them an email after you submit your passport that you want to have the originals with you passport they will do that otherwise they would not send it to you. In our case we submitted all our originals including my wife's school certificates and I mail them requesting the originals after we send in our passport and they returned everything including those I did not ask.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
I quite understand what you're trying to say. Even I always find it cumbersome most times when everyone is repeatedly saying same thing and in overtly long epistles. So I don't even bother reading them. But then it's a public forum after all.

All the same, I quite understand you. After all still "too many cooks spoil the broth"

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
To those already United with their loved ones, I hope you savour the moments in love and mutual support.
And those who thought they would be spending the holidays together but unfortunately couldn't, just use the remaining days to the end of the year not to let it bother you while you enjoy the holidays.
And those who have had the sad news, believe it's not the end of the road and make the best out of the situation.

We will continue this in the new year, for now I wanna make memories in the best way possible.
Sure if any news from AVO, I shall duly update the house.

Have A Happy Holidays. :)o_O:cool:

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
To UOTE="Cosey, post: 6583498, member: 703320"]The reason why the child is not accompanying is stated in the form and she had already answered that. So now why the need for another explanation? This custody thing is simple and straightforward. Unless you want to embellish it with irrelevant stuffs. I have my 2003 copy with me. My phone camera is not working else i could send to forumites to see. By the way, we are all sharing ideas. I am not saying mine is good. Just do what pleases you who knows you may succeed in your bid.[/QUOTE]
My dear there is no harm in resensing or explaining futher to AVO what you have already provided them with. This dependent child /accompanying child or children has really delayed some people's files and to the best of my knowledge, AVO saw all you provided and your earlier explanation regarding the situation but will always play ignorant and would want you to send more for assurance.
The child's custody agreement is the key as well as the child's father copy of any valid ID or passport photograph.Thiabisbto prove that he is really aware of your wife's movement and the child's concern. Then also add every other new documents or proofs that shows your relationship with your spouse is genuine and seriously ongoing.

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Pe
I quite understandi you're trying to say. Even I always find it cumbersome most times when everyone is repeatedly saying same thing and in overtly long epistles. So I don't even bother reading them. But then it's a public forum after all.

All the same, I quite understand you. After all still "too many cooks spoil the broth"
Perfect. Let us all know that none of own the forum. We are all sharing ideas. No one is an epitome of all knowledge. We are all engaging in insughtful discussions. If i found a comment rather invective i dont comment. Remember i once asked forumites if you want to make sponsorship appeal in Canada whilst both the sponsor and the sponsored are outside canada, how would they go about the process and attend the hearing? An answer i got from a fellow was that i should take a horse to canada. Is it not an insult knowing very well we dont ride on a horse to canada. My understanding was that there was a provision for hearing for those who reside outside canada. That offensive answer i didn't comment cos i felt it would not promote healthy discussions here. I have always positioned myself in such a way that any spewing of invectives i will not comment.
Once again, thank you for your post.
Good day

Reactions: Akanni2017

Denne

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Visa Office......
Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-08--2016
Doc's Request.
24-08-2017
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
Nov. 08. 2017
Interview........
Nov. 08.2017
Passport Req..
Nov 08. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Loading............!
So guys is it advisable to exceed the required documents on the checklist? A previous poster sent 80 pix though the checklist stipulates a maximum of 20.
Send as much as you have. Don't mind the required number. More is better than less.