Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Ugoswife ,cutie and others please help me, my spousal sponsorship application has been in Ghana since June 2015, medicals has been received since July. No words from them. I ve been separated from my husband for so long am so frustrated, please I need your advise. How do they communicate to applicants? E mail, phone call, letters? Which pls. What can I do? Any e mail address I can do a mail to and get response? Any No I can call? Please help
Do you have access to your Gckey? Can you copy what it says and paste it here, They are done with 2016 apps so it’s surprising you are 2015. Maybe you skipped a mail which was sent to you and your app was closed #justsaying. Please send AVO a mail on accraimmigration@international.gc.ca and I will advise you put your app date as the subject with URGENT.

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Well DAMN!!! Your case is complexxxx

What case do you have at federal court? And they mention DR applicatio which class did you apply and what was the outcome

We need to dissect this one at a time provide more details
In fact,I was amazed seeing a case with the federal court of Appeal that I was trying to circumvent. They denied us in 2016 and I appealed the case.After 4 months, the case was dismissed and a certificate was issued to that effect. I never wrote anybody nor any court anything thereafter.All I did was to get to the MP's office and she said I should just reapply.Mentioning DR was a mistake from the officer,perhaps she wanted to write "PR"

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
@AtGod. the DR stands for the 'Dependent of a Refugee" hence it means he was a dependent on his family refugee application which was refused and the case went to the federal court. Therefore, if the case wasn't successful at the federal court there is no way you can apply for spousal sponsorship for the application to be accepted easily. All in all, it is the negative outcome of the DR application which is hunting the new application. I pray for a positive outcome but this is a complex case.
Thank you so much.If DR is" Dependant of Refugee" ,though I was thinking the officer wanted to write "PR".I came to Canada in 2014 as a refugee claimant in which I was granted a paper.My wife and kid had been my dependants.I filed for my family that same year and we were attended to in 2016.We went through an interview in Ghana in which I equally appeared to show the officer truly we are husband and wife.Due to an information in our application which was not in line with one of the questions asked made the officer to deny us.I came back to Canada to appeal and it was dismissed.I was even thinking we were denied may be because I was working part time then and equally receiving a token from welfare.I cut off the welfare when I got a full time job and then re- applied.We got a medical request in July and done on August.
I sent a new application to Mississauga and I was approved to sponsor them.I believe that was why the file was transferred to Accra for further processing.
So that has been the story so far.Nothing is hidden.
Anyways,I need honest opinions of people as per what to do.God bless

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
I sent over 160 pictures total.. you can send as many as you like. Although its capped at 20 Avo are same people to ask for more evidence. The more you submit the better.
160! You ain’t playing! Lol

Reactions: Cutie101

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Ugoswife ,cutie and others please help me, my spousal sponsorship application has been in Ghana since June 2015, medicals has been received since July. No words from them. I ve been separated from my husband for so long am so frustrated, please I need your advise. How do they communicate to applicants? E mail, phone call, letters? Which pls. What can I do? Any e mail address I can do a mail to and get response? Any No I can call? Please help
Oh no! This is ridiculous! Have you tried emailing them?
Accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.caPlus whoever is the sponsor can call CIC as well (I don’t know their phone number by heart but just check the CIC website).

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Moreso,some are seeing complexity as per the contents of AVO letter to me but I am seeing simplicity.Two things have to be resolved here from my point of view.1.proof of ongoing relationship (new information ) and 2. court of appeal issue.Well,If the same information I used in determining my DR decision was the same information I used in a new spousal application. Meaning I am still consistent.I never said they are not part of my family again. I still maintain my stand.Nothing is manipulated.The same wedding photographs and certificate were used.Now the officer wants new evidences to prove the genuity of our relationship.More importantly ,I guess they want to know if we still have an ongoing relationship.
So I am thinking packaging and updating new documents may be of help.
And regarding the court stuff,I am thinking of swearing an affidavit to that effect because I didn't make any move of whatsoever to circumvent any appeal decision.The officer said I was trying to,which I did not.
Anyway, I have always be an optimist and I don't want to entertain any fear because my marriage is genuine.I will try everything within my capacity to put stuff together and seek people's opinions too before getting back to them.
I will equally still love this great family to continue to be their brother's keeper by giving us more advice and information that can be of help.Since decision is not made yet,I believe God can work miraculously. Thank you all

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Check your inbox pls

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Moreso,some are seeing complexity as per the contents of AVO letter to me but I am seeing simplicity.Two things have to be resolved here from my point of view.1.proof of ongoing relationship (new information ) and 2. court of appeal issue.Well,If the same information I used in determining my DR decision was the same information I used in a new spousal application. Meaning I am still consistent.I never said they are not part of my family again. I still maintain my stand.Nothing is manipulated.The same wedding photographs and certificate were used.Now the officer wants new evidences to prove the genuity of our relationship.More importantly ,I guess they want to know if we still have an ongoing relationship.
And regarding the court stuff,I am thinking of swearing an affidavit to that effect because I didn't make any move of whatsoever to circumvent any appeal decision.The officer said I was trying to,which I did not.
Anyway, I have always be an optimist and I don't want to entertain any fear because my marriage is genuine.I will try everything within my capacity to put stuff together and seek people's opinions too before getting back to them.
I will equally still love this great family to continue to be their brother's keeper by giving us more advice and information that can be of help.Since decision is not made yet,I believe God can work miraculously. Thank you all
You have said all they are requiring from you.
The letter just quotes the regulations under immigration which is all not needes jus get straihjt to the point lol.

One thing i want to mention is when they see the same pics used from app to app they feel you may not have more material then you have provided. So i would suggest in ypur cover letter also touch points on the fact yoj used same details because nothing has changed and alo yes provide NEW details after your marriage any conversations.. pictures if any on social media if on fb or instagram screwn shoot the pic and any comments that nullifies any doubt as ypur relationship is in public. So you have seen in previous pages all you may provide as evidence.

If the court is over make sure to advise the court process has been over as to why u have now started your aponsorship app.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Joejj123

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Below are the contents of email sent by AVO ;

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident
visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a
foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of
their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other
prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002
defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the
family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s
spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;
Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations,
no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a
conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal
partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or
privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.
High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 1639, 42 Independence Ave, Accra, Ghana
Fax (233-30) 2 211-524 (visas) - www.accra.gc.ca
Email: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Haut-commissariat du Canada
Service Immigration
B.P. 1639, 42 ave de l'Indépendance, Accra (Ghana)
Fax (233-30) 2211-524 (visas) - www.accra.gc.ca
Courriel : accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is
genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the
purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The information submitted is the
same information used to determine your DR application. With no new
information there is nothing of value to determine an ongoing bona fide
relationship exists. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be
considered to be a member of the family class.
You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to
me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this
letter on any information you submit.
And further, I am concerned that you have tried to circumvent the Federal Court of
Canada’s Appeal decision to NOT re-determine the DR decision, which may be
considered an abuse of process.
As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days
from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional
information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented,
which may result in the refusal of your application.
Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
I am sorry about your case but two strong mentions were made.

The first time you applied in 2014, you weren't a PR yet, you applied for them as dependents of a refugee, so the term "DR" used is no mistake. It's good that you showed consistency in the documents shown, but you need to show more proof,to show an ongoing relationship. The sad truth is that your application would be subjected to more scrutiny, so you need to leave no room for them.

The second point about the court subvention, what notes were given at appeal decision? The appeal decision was based on them being dependents of a refugee, is there any law that prevents you from reapplying? Especially now that you are a PR.

I wish you God's grace and favour.

Reactions: AtGod

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
@babanomics, I don't think the officer made a mistake by say DR instead of PR.The officer is using DR to remind you the information you provided in the dependent of refugee section during your refugee claimant. AS you know we are all here helping but not to judge anyone's situation but sometimes when we don't have more details about the application it becomes extremely difficult to say much. Honestly, being a refugee claimant there is no way cic will refuse your family to join you once you are accepted if you haven't told them you have no relationship with your family prior to you getting your papers. Even the federal court of appeal will not dismiss the case considering there is an innocent child involve but we have to understand they also have to follow the law to make a decision. Now I think put together all the new evidence you have and write an emotional letter of a life time using the innocent child involve to make a strong argument. If you have made a mistake admit the fact that you made an innocent mistake but as a parent you have to be able to see your child every passing day not to be travelling thousands of miles once in years to see your child.

Reactions: AtGod

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
@bakanomics Theres is no law for re-applying since the case with federal court has been decisioned.

Just he could not have multiple applications same time.

My question is when bakanomics applied for refugee and was granted did he include his dependents?

Because i do not understand the whole issue of this coming up in an app thats been decisioned...
@bbcanada has pointed out

Now has pointed out you shall draft a compassionate letter to AVO address " best interest of the child" as to why this dependent in question was included in the initial app if this is what is dragging your app.

In your letter quote IRPR regulatuons below

— request of foreign national
  • 25 (1) Subject to subsection (1.2), the Minister must, on request of a foreign national in Canada who applies for permanent resident status and who is inadmissible — other than under section 34, 35 or 37 — or who does not meet the requirements of this Act, and may, on request of a foreign national outside Canada — other than a foreign national who is inadmissible under section 34, 35 or 37 — who applies for a permanent resident visa, examine the circumstances concerning the foreign national and may grant the foreign national permanent resident status or an exemption from any applicable criteria or obligations of this Act if the Minister is of the opinion that it is justified by humanitarian and compassionate considerations relating to the foreign national, taking into account the best interests of a child directly affected.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
The reason for the scrutiny was your application you put in now for sponsorship prior to the rejection of the refugee claim was it less then 12 months?
This is the reasons why if it was less then 12 months

(1.2) The Minister may not examine the request if

• (a) the foreign national has already made such a request and the request is pending;

• (a.1) the request is for an exemption from any of the criteria or obligations of Division 0.1;

• (b) the foreign national has made a claim for refugee protection that is pending before the Refugee Protection Division or the Refugee Appeal Division; or

• (c) subject to subsection (1.21), less than 12 months have passed since the foreign national’s claim for refugee protection was last rejected, determined to be withdrawn after substantive evidence was heard or determined to be abandoned by the Refugee Protection Division or the Refugee Appeal Division.

Last edited:

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
The reason for the scrutiny was your application you put in now for sponsorship prior to the rejection of the refugee claim was it less then 12 months?
This is the reasons why if it was less then 12 months

(1.2) The Minister may not examine the request if

• (a) the foreign national has already made such a request and the request is pending;

• (a.1) the request is for an exemption from any of the criteria or obligations of Division 0.1;

• (b) the foreign national has made a claim for refugee protection that is pending before the Refugee Protection Division or the Refugee Appeal Division; or

• (c) subject to subsection (1.21), less than 12 months have passed since the foreign national’s claim for refugee protection was last rejected, determined to be withdrawn after substantive evidence was heard or determined to be abandoned by the Refugee Protection Division or the Refugee Appeal Division.
Thank you so much everyone.I will just do what everyone has said so far.I will package current docs,social media packages depicting an ongoing relationship then with an emotional cover letter.Thanks again.@Cutie101, after I claimed refugee and I was accepted,I applied for permanent residence same year for me and my family because they have always been my dependants since I have been coming to Canada even before I claimed a refugee.I was granted PR in Feb 2016 while my family PR was denied in June 2016.This prompted me to appeal the case which was nullified by the court and a certificate was issued to that effect in December 2016.I therefore reapplied in feb 2017.So I want to believe if I can't sponsor them again,I ought to have been rejected at Mississauga. I was sent a letter of eligibility and sponsorship approval.
I think everyone has said it all.....I should do the needful to prove beyond reasonable doubts that my marriage is genuine and there is an ongoing relationship coupled with current conversations,pictures,emotional letter,putting the innocent child at the Centre of it all and so on.
Thank you again, I will keep everyone posted as it goes.Bye

Reactions: AtGod and Ugoswife

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
So your
Thank you. I am actually visiting this Christmas. I do have our recent WhatsApp and facebook chat ready. I do not know how to print our WhatsApp call logs. If you read towards the end they talked about correspondence of her minors child father . Can you help me with that please. I do not know why they asked that.
private message me when you have a chance