+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
I'm not sure how you pay, but it's your husband Canadian by birth or naturalization? If naturalization, are you sure he's still Canadian? There are residency requirements and if he hasn't been in Canada for 10 years he may have lost citizenship and wouldn't be eligible to sponsor you. Have you two checked?
Citizens don't have residency obligations under the current law. It was under a previous law that they had. It has since been repealed.

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I'm not sure how you pay, but it's your husband Canadian by birth or naturalization? If naturalization, are you sure he's still Canadian? There are residency requirements and if he hasn't been in Canada for 10 years he may have lost citizenship and wouldn't be eligible to sponsor you. Have you two checked?
Only PR have residency obligation to reside in Canada 2 years in a 5 year period to maintain their PR Status.......Canadian Citizens do not have any residency obligation........Also, PR in Canada could reside outside Canada and still able to maintain their PR Status under certain conditions like working outside for the Canadian Government, Military, etc...

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Only PR have residency obligation to reside in Canada 2 years in a 5 year period to maintain their PR Status.......Canadian Citizens do not have any residency obligation........Also, PR in Canada could reside outside Canada and still able to maintain their PR Status under certain conditions like working outside for the Canadian Government, Military, etc...
Ok wasn't sure. I do know from reading the forums that they are going to have to show their intentions of returning to Canada in their application .

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Ok wasn't sure. I do know from reading the forums that they are going to have to show their intentions of returning to Canada in their application .
PR residing outside Canada cannot sponsor their spouse Outland......only Citizens could sponsor Outland and you are right that the citizen residing outside when sponsoring their spouse will need to provide convincing proof they will move to reside in Canada after the PR sponsorship is approved.

Who can become a sponsor

Last edited:

Press Next

Jan 25, 2018
Good day everyone,

Please I am having issues with linking my application to my account.
I appreciate helpful tips regarding this.
Thanks

ItzMimi

Apr 9, 2015
h
He is Canadian by birth, he is eligible to sponsor me regardless of how long he is been out of the country for...Thanks. I contacted gtbank and they said I will be able to pay with my naira MasterCard. So I will be trying it by this weekend, keeping my fingers crossed that it works....

Reactions: dok

Akanni2017

Oct 4, 2017
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Med's Done....
19-10-2017
Passport Req..
hopeful
VISA ISSUED...
hopeful
LANDED..........
hopeful
We all here and no news yet don’t even know what AVO is doing to our files my wife came down to visit and we all here frustrated and waiting upon God’s time and speed.
@Mylove4God2017 pls can u have contact to discuss my app with u..am May 16 2017. Medical passed and additional documents requested. Thank you.

Reactions: Mylove4God2017

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Good evening house. I got an email for my interview (so excited). Any hints pls? Also, they requested originals of alot of documents. Do they return it back because i think ive read here about them not returning it. The interview is in 2 months but i want to be as prepared as possible.

Akanni2017

Oct 4, 2017
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Med's Done....
19-10-2017
Passport Req..
hopeful
VISA ISSUED...
hopeful
LANDED..........
hopeful
Good evening house. I got an email for my interview (so excited). Any hints pls? Also, they requested originals of alot of documents. Do they return it back because i think ive read here about them not returning it. The interview is in 2 months but i want to be as prepared as possible.
Just be focus basic details about you and your spouse. All the best.

Reactions: olawunmif

tholudee

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
when was your app date?

it would go well. just relax

Reactions: olawunmif

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Have they told you what the interview is for? What is it that they doubt? Not sure if they are asking for originals because they doubt the legitimacy of what you sent or something else .There is a list of potential questions in the forum . I found this list: http://www.spousalsponsorshipcanada.com/2016/07/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questions-canadian-immigration/

What is your app date? You didn't ever get adr?

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Oh I see your timeline now. Maybe order your notes ASAP, if you haven't already, to see what they are concerned about.

Do you have to go to Ghana?

Amps

May 18, 2018
Hello I submitted my application March 28/2018 got notification end of April that application recieved. Today recieved my approval to sponsor my husband. My question is does anyone have experience with time of processing in the Accra office. I am due to have baby August 9 and just wondering if u think there is a cha

Press Next

Jan 25, 2018
Hello I submitted my application March 28/2018 got notification end of April that application recieved. Today recieved my approval to sponsor my husband. My question is does anyone have experience with time of processing in the Accra office. I am due to have baby August 9 and just wondering if u think there is a cha
Please did you experience difficulty linking your application to your account? How did u do that cos am presently having issues with doing that.
Thanks

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Unfortunately no, there is no chance that the application will be completed by August. You will get the request to do medicals at 5 months and then probably not hear anything for another 5 months are more. Current processing is between 10 months and 15 months.