Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
When you say medical accepted, did you mean medical passed?

Our medical was received by CIC 3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything after that. I see a lot of people here with medical approvals almost immediately after medical results being received by CIC.
Yes...The medicals have passed.
Looks like there is nothing to do other than wait.
Thanks

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
Hi

Could some one clarify this for me
I am sponsoring my New born who is currently in India
both me and my Wife are Canadian PR (I sponsored my wife 3 years back and she became PR)
now while filling out the application i have a question regarding the Financial Evaluation form
when i ran the sponsoring your spouse ,partner or dependent child - Tool it shows the following

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
But when i fill out the check list it says that i dont need to fill the financial Evaluation form if i am sponsoring a dependent child who do not have any dependents

4. Financial Evaluation IMM 1283
complete this form only if the dependent child you are sponsoring has one or more dependent children of their own

I am sponsoring a new born so in my case he dont have any dependents

i am very much confused and appreciate any help so i can mail my application by tomorrow

Thanks
G

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But when i fill out the check list it says that i dont need to fill the financial Evaluation form if i am sponsoring a dependent child who do not have any dependents

complete this form only if the dependent child you are sponsoring has one or more dependent children of their own

Correct, in your case, you don't need to fill this out.

Reactions: msb and Fabia

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
also my wife and new born are in India and wondering if i need to fill out the use of a representative form and Authority to release personal information to a designated induvidual and appoint my wife as a representative for my minor child

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
Hi,
When you say medical accepted, did you mean medical passed?

Our medical was received by CIC 3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything after that. I see a lot of people here with medical approvals almost immediately after medical results being received by CIC.

I had same issue with twins. 1 was the updated the day after medical the twin B didnt get updated until 3weeks after

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
I checked ECAS status changed from received to "IN PROCESS"

Permanent Residence
1. We received XXXXX XXXXX application for permanent residence on February 18, 2021.
2. We started processing XXXXX XXXXX application on April 15, 2021.
3. We sent XXXXXX XXXXX medical instructions on March 17, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible.
Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4. Medical results have been received.

Reactions: msb

SirK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I checked ECAS status changed from received to "IN PROCESS"

Permanent Residence
1. We received XXXXX XXXXX application for permanent residence on February 18, 2021.
2. We started processing XXXXX XXXXX application on April 15, 2021.
3. We sent XXXXXX XXXXX medical instructions on March 17, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible.
Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4. Medical results have been received.
What date did you get the AOR?

Ours was delivered 05 Feb 2021. Still waiting for AOR

How did you log into ECAS?

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have arrived in Canada sometime back. The PR for my wife has expired and she could not travel as she was pregnant when Covid happened. The child was born in September 2020.

IRCC has now given an authorization letter for my wife to travel by end of April but not for my child (even though we did ask them to add my child). I contacted IRCC for them to travel again recently and they asked me that I will have to sponsor the child. In the meanwhile to apply for Temporary visa for the child to travel along with my wife.

I am confused about a few questions before proceeding for TRV application, it will be great if anyone could help me with what you had selected or recommend -
1) Should I select the duration of stay for child in TRV as <6months or >6months? Because actually we would want the child to get longer duration visa.
2) Should I mention that I will be applying for sponsorship for the child in the TRV LOE?
3) Are you giving someone access to your application? - Do I have to select "Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf" as I will be completing the application on behalf of my baby?
4) Did your representative give you a submission letter? - I have Selected No
5) What would you like to do in Canada? - Should I select 'Visit' or 'move there' for my child?
6) What is the main purpose of your visit? - I have selected To visit family and/or friends

I know these are very specific and many questions, but don't want to make mistakes. I am also not getting answers to these specific points anywhere online.

I will be very thankful if someone could help me with these.
I have similar timelines. My kids were born in India as wife got stuck in India during pregnancy in August 2020. Did you apply for PRTD for you wife on which you tried to include your kid?

I applied for TRV in September 2020 but still waiting for it, Have sent an email to Covid email id about 2 weeks back but no response yet. I also applied for Family sponsorship in Mid December 2020 for which I got the PPR today. I am in Canada right now so wife will be sending in the passport soon.

Cannot say if this is right for everyone but in my case I gave the duration of 6 months only and also mentioned that I will be applying for Sponsorship soon and in case it does not come through then I will make arrangements for kids and my wife to go back to India. Also do not mention that reason as "move there". Generally different officers handle PR and TRV requests so if they read "move there" they may reject it right away. For point 3 you can select "No" as both Sponsor and applicant can access the application (especially in case the applicant is minor)

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Hey All.
Any one knows how to submit request for Passport submission to Delhi VAC? I got PPR for my kids today but the email mentioned a general link on Passport Transmission instructions :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
A) To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know how much time is it taking for Passport stamping at Delhi?

Also there is a mention of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) :
If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

Is it applicable to Family sponsorship aplications? I paid $285 as fee earlier ($150 for Sponsorhip of a dependent child fee + $85 for biometrics). I got the refund earlier for the Biometrics fee.

Last edited:

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
What date did you get the AOR?

Ours was delivered 05 Feb 2021. Still waiting for AOR

How did you log into ECAS?

actually we mailed it February 12 the received it Feb 18 the 1st correspondence I received was medical request by email on March 17 AOR came in the mail 1st week of April after Medical was already completed.

I used the SA UCI and information to check status on ECAS it shows both the SA status and the PA status.

biorahul

Dec 13, 2017
Hey All.
Any one knows how to submit request for Passport submission to Delhi VAC? I got PPR for my kids today but the email mentioned a general link on Passport Transmission instructions :
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
A) To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/
Does anyone know how much time is it taking for Passport stamping at Delhi?

Also there is a mention of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) :
If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

Is it applicable to Family sponsorship aplications? I paid $285 as fee earlier ($150 for Sponsorhip of a dependent child fee + $85 for biometrics). I got the refund earlier for the Biometrics fee.
can you please share your timeline for sponsorship application?

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
can you please share your timeline for sponsorship application?
Sure. Here are the dates :

Application reached : December 17th 2020
AOR : February 6th 2021
Sponsor evaluation completed : March 11th 2021
File sent to VAC Delhi : March 11th 2021
Medical requested : March 11th 2021
Medical completed : March 16th 2021
Request for Passport : April 16th 2021

Reactions: biorahul

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

Could some one clarify this for me
I am sponsoring my New born who is currently in India
both me and my Wife are Canadian PR (I sponsored my wife 3 years back and she became PR)
now while filling out the application i have a question regarding the Financial Evaluation form
when i ran the sponsoring your spouse ,partner or dependent child - Tool it shows the following

Application guide
Checklist
Forms for the sponsor to fill out
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):

i am very much confused and appreciate any help so i can mail my application by tomorrow

Thanks
G
You still need to show that you can afford to support your family without government support.

Reactions: msb

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sure. Here are the dates :

Application reached : December 17th 2020
AOR : February 6th 2021
Sponsor evaluation completed : March 11th 2021
File sent to VAC Delhi : March 11th 2021
Medical requested : March 11th 2021
Medical completed : March 16th 2021
Request for Passport : April 16th 2021
Processing has become much faster recently it seems.

Reactions: rahul1911