+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1) Should I select the duration of stay for child in TRV as <6months or >6months? Because actually we would want the child to get longer duration visa.
I would suggest there is no need to ask for more than six months. You can always request an extension later (and I believe rare extension would be denied).

Why do I suggest this when clearly the intent is to stay for longer? Because I am guessing that the request for longer stay will bump it to a different level of review that may take longer (decision makers are always time-limited).

I may be wrong and it may not make much difference but I don't see any significant advantage to asking for longer than six months.

Oolrac

Sep 14, 2020
Hi all
Coming back for some positive moves :D
Feb 1, 2021, received email saying eligible of sponsor passed, being forward to a VO.
On same day, email with medical form for my child to request to do medical test.
Since I was busy these days, done medical test on Feb 22, 2021, I believe the same day or next, saying Medical results have been received.
March 1, 2021, another AOR of my child's PR application email received.
March 10, 2021, an email received about pre-arrival services.
March 11, 2021, an email received from VO ask for passport submit.
I checked and status showing Decision Made.
Right now I am preparing for all these documents to submit.

Best wishes to everyone!!
Hi all
Quick update:
Today I just received the confirmation letter and my daughter's passport! So overall, I mailed my package on Oct 15, 2020, and completed on April 14, 2021, it took half year. During this difficult time, it took way shorter than I thought!
Hope everyone will receive positive updates and good lucky to all of you!

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,
My US born Child joined me in Canada in October 2020. His PR application was submitted in December 2020
AOR: Feb 2021
SA: Mar 26 2021
Medicals Request: Mar 27 2021
Medicals Accepted : April 3rd

He did not have any stamping on his passport as such when he arrived . Do I still need to file for an extension to his visitors or is it implied ?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hi ,
My US born Child joined me in Canada in October 2020. His PR application was submitted in December 2020

He did not have any stamping on his passport as such when he arrived . Do I still need to file for an extension to his visitors or is it implied ?
I had applied an extension Online for my US born child...
you need to file it as I had called IRCC and confirmed...The child need to have some kind of status in Canada....

Reactions: spikegin

atuls

Jun 1, 2019
Mumbai
Hi,
Your situation is quite tricky but i can answer qn 1,2,3,5,6
You will still need to send an explanation letter along with the application. Keep in mind that your child who is a minor is the applicant.
1. Ask for more than 6months
2.Your child is the applicant. Better explain this in the letter that the child is a minor but as the child's legal guardian/parent i will be sponsoring this child.
3.Yes ,being a minor she needs a representative who in this case is you. I dont know if you need to fill a representative form in this case for a TRV.
5.i advise you pick visit. If you pick move there ,they will advise you to sponsor the child.obviously no TRV
6.Visit family

Hope that helps.
Good luck
Hey, Thanks for answering all the relevant questions. Really helpful

atuls

Jun 1, 2019
Mumbai
Hi! By the end of April this year? That is very close, I wonder why did they do that.
They had written a mail in January start about willingness to travel and the end date being 29th April. In reply to that in January I had explained my case and that we are willing to travel by April 29, but the child also has to be added in the application. Post that they didn't reply, and finally replied in end of March totally ignoring about the information I gave about my child and just asking my wife to travel!

atuls

Jun 1, 2019
Mumbai
I would suggest there is no need to ask for more than six months. You can always request an extension later (and I believe rare extension would be denied).

Why do I suggest this when clearly the intent is to stay for longer? Because I am guessing that the request for longer stay will bump it to a different level of review that may take longer (decision makers are always time-limited).

I may be wrong and it may not make much difference but I don't see any significant advantage to asking for longer than six months.
Hi thanks for this, I am also thinking to apply for <6 months now. I talked to someone who had also applied earlier, and he also suggested for less than six months.

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
They had written a mail in January start about willingness to travel and the end date being 29th April. In reply to that in January I had explained my case and that we are willing to travel by April 29, but the child also has to be added in the application. Post that they didn't reply, and finally replied in end of March totally ignoring about the information I gave about my child and just asking my wife to travel!
Oh now I get it! Yes it is very troublesome right now, can understand.

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi all
Quick update:
Today I just received the confirmation letter and my daughter's passport! So overall, I mailed my package on Oct 15, 2020, and completed on April 14, 2021, it took half year. During this difficult time, it took way shorter than I thought!
Hope everyone will receive positive updates and good lucky to all of you!
Wow congrats!! That was pretty quick, which VO processed your application?

spikegin

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had applied an extension Online for my US born child...
you need to file it as I had called IRCC and confirmed...The child need to have some kind of status in Canada....
Thanks...

I Just finished his extension application . Hopefully his other application speeds up. Its been about 2 weeks since they accepted medicals. I figure it will take a while moving forward based on the timelines seen here.

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi ,

Hi,
When you say medical accepted, did you mean medical passed?

Our medical was received by CIC 3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything after that. I see a lot of people here with medical approvals almost immediately after medical results being received by CIC.