+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks, helps a lot to know this. But the mail I got for the original passport request was from VFS Delhi, and it asked me to submit the passport within 30 days and if already in-Canada, then to send the passport and copy of the letter directly to CPC-Ottawa.

Now that CPC-Ottawa has returned the passport with the generic letter "A visa office will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent citizen"... So am not sure should i send some sort of communication to VFS Delhi that my baby is already in Canada, ( there was no contact information in the letter).

Plus, my baby TRV is also expired now, so should I reapply for a extension or now that passport request is received for the PR, can i leave it as it is ?
I don't think any need to notify Delhi, nor extend the TRV, just wait. But check that other thread.

Reactions: nrsaro

nrsaro

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
14-03-2015
I don't think any need to notify Delhi, nor extend the TRV, just wait. But check that other thread.
Thanks. Also have gone through the other thread . Seems to be similar. Have posted there too. Thanks again.

Reactions: armoured

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi All,
I want to know if Medical is mandatory for extension of Visitor visa . My Kid entered Canada with us (Canadian PR holder) and currently we did medical for PR processing requested by IRCC for her (She is US citizen and we came from USA so we initially got 1 year visitor record) but now we also need to extend her visitor status since it is expiring in couple of months. In visitor visa extension application IRCC asking to upload the medical record as per checklist .Can we upload the same medical done for PR since in that request there is UCI number for PR processing or we need to new medical test again ?

Thanks

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Guys, health coverage is covered for people who have applied for permanent resident application and it says that you met the eligibility requirements. Atleast OHIP says that. I am in Ontario

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Guys, health coverage is covered for people who have applied for permanent resident application and it says that you met the eligibility requirements. Atleast OHIP says that. I am in Ontario
Did you get OHIP since when i went ServiceOntatio they asking COPR and not considering this statement written on their site..

Reactions: YVR123 and cecict

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Did you get OHIP since when i went ServiceOntatio they asking COPR and not considering this statement written on their site..
correct..i had also called Service Ontario and got the same answer..they need COPR / PR card as proof to start with OHIP...
Let me know if someone applied and had got OHIP...

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Thanks, helps a lot to know this. But the mail I got for the original passport request was from VFS Delhi, and it asked me to submit the passport within 30 days and if already in-Canada, then to send the passport and copy of the letter directly to CPC-Ottawa.

Now that CPC-Ottawa has returned the passport with the generic letter "A visa office will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent citizen"... So am not sure should i send some sort of communication to VFS Delhi that my baby is already in Canada, ( there was no contact information in the letter).

Plus, my baby TRV is also expired now, so should I reapply for a extension or now that passport request is received for the PR, can i leave it as it is ?
I would say raise a Web form with this question and also try calling IRCC...

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
Hi friends,
My baby is with us in Canada as a visitor. I have filled the required sponsorship forms but I am really confused about where I need to mail these documents. Can u please tell the address where to submit the application and what postal service to use for it.. thanks

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hi friends,
My baby is with us in Canada as a visitor. I have filled the required sponsorship forms but I am really confused about where I need to mail these documents. Can u please tell the address where to submit the application and what postal service to use for it.. thanks
CPC Sydney
PO Box 9500
Sydney NS
B1P 0H5

Canada post express with tracking

atuls

Jun 1, 2019
Mumbai
Hi everyone,

I have arrived in Canada sometime back. The PR for my wife has expired and she could not travel as she was pregnant when Covid happened. The child was born in September 2020.

IRCC has now given an authorization letter for my wife to travel by end of April but not for my child (even though we did ask them to add my child). I contacted IRCC for them to travel again recently and they asked me that I will have to sponsor the child. In the meanwhile to apply for Temporary visa for the child to travel along with my wife.

I am confused about a few questions before proceeding for TRV application, it will be great if anyone could help me with what you had selected or recommend -
1) Should I select the duration of stay for child in TRV as <6months or >6months? Because actually we would want the child to get longer duration visa.
2) Should I mention that I will be applying for sponsorship for the child in the TRV LOE?
3) Are you giving someone access to your application? - Do I have to select "Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf" as I will be completing the application on behalf of my baby?
4) Did your representative give you a submission letter? - I have Selected No
5) What would you like to do in Canada? - Should I select 'Visit' or 'move there' for my child?
6) What is the main purpose of your visit? - I have selected To visit family and/or friends

I know these are very specific and many questions, but don't want to make mistakes. I am also not getting answers to these specific points anywhere online.

I will be very thankful if someone could help me with these.

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have arrived in Canada sometime back. The PR for my wife has expired and she could not travel as she was pregnant when Covid happened. The child was born in September 2020.

IRCC has now given an authorization letter for my wife to travel by end of April but not for my child (even though we did ask them to add my child). I contacted IRCC for them to travel again recently and they asked me that I will have to sponsor the child. In the meanwhile to apply for Temporary visa for the child to travel along with my wife.

I am confused about a few questions before proceeding for TRV application, it will be great if anyone could help me with what you had selected or recommend -
1) Should I select the duration of stay for child in TRV as <6months or >6months? Because actually we would want the child to get longer duration visa.
2) Should I mention that I will be applying for sponsorship for the child in the TRV LOE?
3) Are you giving someone access to your application? - Do I have to select "Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf" as I will be completing the application on behalf of my baby?
5) What would you like to do in Canada? - Should I select 'Visit' or 'move there' for my child?
6) What is the main purpose of your visit? - I have selected To visit family and/or friends

I know these are very specific and many questions, but don't want to make mistakes. I am also not getting answers to these specific points anywhere online.

Hi,
Your situation is quite tricky but i can answer qn 1,2,3,5,6
You will still need to send an explanation letter along with the application. Keep in mind that your child who is a minor is the applicant.
1. Ask for more than 6months
2.Your child is the applicant. Better explain this in the letter that the child is a minor but as the child's legal guardian/parent i will be sponsoring this child.
3.Yes ,being a minor she needs a representative who in this case is you. I dont know if you need to fill a representative form in this case for a TRV.
5.i advise you pick visit. If you pick move there ,they will advise you to sponsor the child.obviously no TRV
6.Visit family

Hope that helps.
Good luck

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

Hi! By the end of April this year? That is very close, I wonder why did they do that.

Reactions: Itismee