+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
My son got the word format as well. And I too sent the photo by mail. That's normal. They kept on changing the process, sometimes asking to send by physical mail and other times to upload through a portal. It's probably taking time to receive it as it's getting sent through regular mail. Which pre-covid was 4-6 weeks. That's when I got my own PR card back in October 2019. So God knows how long it's going to take with all these Covid delays. There will be light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully soon.
I am just wondering you should send the "real" passport to the IRCC office not a photocopy of that?

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
I am just wondering you should send the "real" passport to the IRCC office not a photocopy of that?
Yes, I thought it was weird, and to be honest, the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that they needed to verify that my son is physically here in Canada (that's what I assume) since they didn't call us to land him and automatically landed him and sent me an email.
I would have preferred to send the photocopies since sending out his passport via mail was EXTREMELY nerve-wracking.
Any news from your end? I hope that your application is coming to an end soon.

Reactions: Agnes8181

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Guys,
If we want to request IRCC to expedite our sponsorship application then is web form a good way to communicate? or is there any other way ?

tamjan

May 23, 2019
Guys, we did medicals for my daughter on March 1st (India). Clinic said that they had uploaded the report on March 9th. But I do not see any updates IRCC/ECAS. Should I raise a webform?

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Guys, we did medicals for my daughter on March 1st (India). Clinic said that they had uploaded the report on March 9th. But I do not see any updates IRCC/ECAS. Should I raise a webform?
You won't see update in ECAS. Login to your account and it will show Medicals passed

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Yes, I thought it was weird, and to be honest, the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that they needed to verify that my son is physically here in Canada (that's what I assume) since they didn't call us to land him and automatically landed him and sent me an email.
I would have preferred to send the photocopies since sending out his passport via mail was EXTREMELY nerve-wracking.
Any news from your end? I hope that your application is coming to an end soon.
I see. Yes, it is riduculous!! Passport is very important for everyone.
I appreciate your kindness all the time.
Thank you!!

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

Ricky5206

Aug 16, 2016
I had a hard time getting the reports submitted by the clinic, had to really warn them that if they didn't do it in another day - I am going to be logging a formal complaint against the Panel physician for not doing their job properly.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/form-forme-eng.aspx?type=3
As soon as they submitted the reports, medical records got updated online.

My take on this - Do double check with your panel physician's office once more

Reactions: tamjan

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hello hello,
After receiving sponsorship approvals we were asked to do medicals by CIC for our dependent child(on visitor permit with PR parents in Canada). We went to a panel physician to complete medicals for our child and the front desk gave us an "information sheet" with a barcode that starts with IME. The front desk asked us to upload this along with our application. We had never created an account for our child so I am not sure where we need to upload this. When we tried to create an account, I am not able to find any way to link our existing application to the account we created.

1. Whats the best way to inform CIC of this information sheet the panel physicians office provided us?
2. Do we even have to upload this?
3. How do I know if the panel physician completed the medicals and sent CIC the details correctly?
4. What is the process to link application to a GCKey account? I couldn't find usable information online.

Thanks!