+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

bcpnp_phd2017

Mar 19, 2017
Hello all, just a quick question, I received this email:
"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2021/01/26 on behalf of the following member(s): ****"

It includes UCI and Application No. as well. I am wondering if based on this email I have to link my application OR not?

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2021/01/26 on behalf of the following member(s): ****"

It includes UCI and Application No. as well. I am wondering if based on this email I have to link my application OR not?
You can try linking the application to GCKEY. what is your AOR Date ?

OrangeBunny

Aug 1, 2017
Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere, but I'm wondering if the visa for arrival in Canada after PR is approved has been extended due to Covid? Prior to Covid, an approved applicant had 30 days to enter Canada after getting their passport back from the consulate.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Guys quick update. I received my son's passport back today. No CoPR and No Visa Stamp on passport. Attached was a letter stating to wait to be contacted by "a" visa office to confirm his status here in Canada. So guess I'm back in the waiting period.

Reactions: pnmj87

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Guys quick update. I received my son's passport back today. No CoPR and No Visa Stamp on passport. Attached was a letter stating to wait to be contacted by "a" visa office to confirm his status here in Canada. So guess I'm back in the waiting period.
Very cryptic. Why can't IRCC give complete details like time frame of when they will contact and what the next steps look like.

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020

Yes , The information in the email is asking you to link your application to an online account for easy future correspondence.
Good luck

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Very cryptic. Why can't IRCC give complete details like time frame of when they will contact and what the next steps look like.
Yup. It's so generic too. Not even addressed to my son just says "Good day". No information on which visa office or when or anything. Nothing has changed on GCKEY. It's as if I haven't sent the passport at all. Just when I thought I was done with the process. It seems like it'll never end. Good luck to everyone waiting.

pnkumar

Feb 10, 2021
Hi All,

Got a Medical request, Checked ECAS and I see Decision Made for Sponsorship Application Status.

Application Received - July 27, 2020
AOR1 - Jan 10, 2021
Refund of Biometric payment - Feb 12, 2021
Proactively sent updated Sponsor Evaluation Form(Was unemployed in July, updated new Job info) - Feb 21, 2021
Confirmation of receiving updated Sponsor Evaluation - Mar 1, 2021
Medical Request - Mar 2, 2021

Ninja11

Sep 27, 2016
I am not able to link my Dependent Child Application online using Option 2: Sign-In Partner.
Here is my timeline
Application Received 9 Nov 2020
AOR1 Email on 26 Jan 2021.
Update: Application Linked successfully, only change was no. of applicants shall be 3 (Applicant + Sponsor + Co-sponsor(spouse)) if you are sponsoring your child.

pnmj87

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Yup. It's so generic too. Not even addressed to my son just says "Good day". No information on which visa office or when or anything. Nothing has changed on GCKEY. It's as if I haven't sent the passport at all. Just when I thought I was done with the process. It seems like it'll never end. Good luck to everyone waiting.
Check this thread with related discussion,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/solved-passport-returned-from-cpc-ottawa-w-o-copr-or-pr-with-no-reasons.690588/page-11

Few users mentioned that they got the email from local visa office of the province around 10 days after passport was returned. Hopefully you should get that soon.

Reactions: sat_cse28

kk321

Jan 10, 2020

kk321

Jan 10, 2020
I received the same letter today.