NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
We just received an email from: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you.

Through the PR Confirmation Portal:

· You will confirm you currently live in Canada

· You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)

· You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card

· IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mailWhat you need to do next:

Reply to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address and email addresses for every dependant included in your application. Please use this format, one client per line: Names, UCI, email, date of last time entered in Canada and the location(Port of Entry) - verify your passport for the date and location.

If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special needs, contact us by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.c

If you currently live outside Canada, contact us by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Etobicoke

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Abo Hesh

Nov 5, 2017

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you.

· You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)

· You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card

· IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mailWhat you need to do next:

Reply to this email (IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) and give us your personal email address and email addresses for every dependant included in your application. Please use this format, one client per line: Names, UCI, email, date of last time entered in Canada and the location(Port of Entry) - verify your passport for the date and location.

If you can’t access online tools such as the portal due to accessibility issues or special needs, contact us by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.c

If you currently live outside Canada, contact us by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Etobicoke

Great! How long since you got your passport back?

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Awesome! Congrats!!
Thank you. It seems they will provide a url to the new portal to upload those docs - photos etc. and after that they will process CoPR/PR card.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017

Etobicoke

Also, after replying to the email with required information, we received another email in about 10 mins with the login credentials of the portal. Quick turnaround than I expected.

Next steps: IRCC to review those docs and upload CoPR on the portal. Also at the same time they will apply for PR card.

Last edited:
Reactions: kands

guri2k2

Dec 1, 2020
I got the same letter stating " Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application." on 30th Nov.

I sent email on 1st December and they immediately send me COPR letter. Service is pretty fast now !!!

Abo Hesh

Nov 5, 2017
I got the same letter stating " Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application." on 30th Nov.

I sent email on 1st December and they immediately send me COPR letter. Service is pretty fast now !!!
Congrats! But what email did you send ? I got the same letter but was never instructed to send any email.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Also, after replying to the email with required information, we received another email in about 10 mins with the login credentials of the portal. Quick turnaround than I expected.

Next steps: IRCC to review those docs and upload CoPR on the portal. Also at the same time they will apply for PR card.
Update: we received the CoPR from the client portal yesterday.

Timeline:
  • PPR: Oct 31, 2020
  • Passport delivered to Ottawa: Nov 3, 2020
  • Passport returned w/o CoPR: Nov 17, 2020
  • Email from Etobicoke IRCC office: Nov 27, 2020 (This was to provide Canadian address, last Port of entry & date etc.)
  • Email from Etobicoke: Nov 27, 2020, 10 minutes after replying to above email (This email had login credentials for the client portal)
  • CoPR: Nov 30, 2020 (downloaded from client portal)

Hope this helps others in understanding the turnaround time. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

geol

Dec 18, 2014

Which visa office you sent the email and can you please share the format of the email. I also received the same letter from Ottawa

Last edited:
Reactions: Paling0316

mayankrawat23

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018

Etobicoke

Can you please tell me what email format you sent - ( my wife received the mail today :) (no dependents)?

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Can you please tell me what email format you sent - ( my wife received the mail today :) (no dependents)?
Replied in this format:
Name, UCI, email, date of last time entered in Canada and the location(Port of Entry)

Location (PoE): Toronto, YYZ Airport

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016