+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solved: Passport returned from CPC-Ottawa w/o COPR or PR with no reasons

lchazl

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Originally outland applicant but then moved to Canada and let them know (on visitor visa, husband a citizen). Got an email with request for passport and sent to Ottawa. Got all the docs back today with one extra paper saying:

Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application.

then more to do about Covid etc etc.

Has anyone else gotten then? No reasons given....

EDIT: Solved, so I called IRCC now and they explained it all. They put that letter in by default but actually they gave her PR as of yesterday. They will send out the PR card and/or COPR in time (delays because of Covid etc etc). But yeah they really know how to scare someone!

Last edited:

lchazl

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
I got this in the mail today and that template scared me too. Thanks for the explanation!
Great to hear it was useful. Also I got an email from CIC-Etobicoke saying that the PR is confirmed and instructions on how to get the PR card. So you should get that in a few days time. I'm not sure because I sent my outbound visa office a webform that day asking what is going on and then they forwarded it onto them, maybe you should do the same to speed up the process for you if you haven't yet gotten any email.

Reactions: ccudz and Chimera29

Chimera29

Jul 11, 2019
So, the first email I got was a PPR for which I promptly sent the passports and the photos which were returned. I was under the impression that my CoPR will be sent with the passports.

2nd email was address verification after which I got the CoPR (instruction letter) not the actual CoPR which requested a CoPR copy and a photo, I'm guessing this was for the PR card.

I was hoping I'll atleast get the CoPR in hand and now I have 0 hopes of getting either atleast for a few months lol.

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Great to hear it was useful. Also I got an email from CIC-Etobicoke saying that the PR is confirmed and instructions on how to get the PR card. So you should get that in a few days time. I'm not sure because I sent my outbound visa office a webform that day asking what is going on and then they forwarded it onto them, maybe you should do the same to speed up the process for you if you haven't yet gotten any email.
Hello Lchazl, I was received same mail (passport, photos, etc..) back yesterday with extra paper exactly same as yours.
Can you tell me how long they will take to sent next email of how to get the PR card after that mail? - I heard about they will request us send back Confirmation of PR letter + photos back to CIC and then printer&mail the PR card. Or, they will send you the PR card in next coming mail directly?

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

lchazl

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hello Lchazl, I was received same mail (passport, photos, etc..) back yesterday with extra paper exactly same as yours.
Can you tell me how long they will take to sent next email of how to get the PR card after that mail? - I heard about they will request us send back Confirmation of PR letter + photos back to CIC and then printer&mail the PR card. Or, they will send you the PR card in next coming mail directly?
Yes I had this same pdf letter... the person on the phone said they will send the PR card but yeah who knows now, are they waiting for us or we for them. I will call them to find out the latest

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Yes I had this same pdf letter... the person on the phone said they will send the PR card but yeah who knows now, are they waiting for us or we for them. I will call them to find out the latest
thanks for response, let's keep post :)

jowang

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
AOR Received.
09-10-2019
File Transfer...
06-11-2019
Med's Request
01-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-11-2019
Hey, I got the same letter, let's keep post

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
I am in the same boat, got the documents back with same letter on May 27th. Haven’t heard anything afterwards, sent webform to the original visa office today so hoping to hear something soon.

Good to know I am not alone but to make it confusing and scary in my case they sent us CoPR’s as well and when I called IRCC, I was told that CoPR is no longer valid but our application is approved and everything is good. Due to COVID-19, I should wait for further instructions from the processing officer.

Last edited:

Seecolinslash

Mar 26, 2020
I am in the same boat, got the documents back with same letter on May 27th. Haven’t heard anything afterwards, sent webform to the original visa office today so hoping to hear something soon.

Good to know I am not alone but to make it confusing and scary in my case they sent us CoPR’s as well and when I called IRCC, I was told that CoPR is no longer valid but our application is approved and everything is good. Due to COVID-19, I should wait for further instructions from the processing officer.
what is the number you called to? and are you from us?

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
what is the number you called to? and are you from us?
I called +1 (888) 242-2100, I am from Canada and our processing office was New Delhi but passport was submitted to CPC- Ottawa as my family is in Canada.

dhaliwal_randhawa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 04, 2016
AOR Received.
May 25, 2016
File Transfer...
July 14, 2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
April 14, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16, 2016
LANDED..........
TBD
Originally outland applicant but then moved to Canada and let them know (on visitor visa, husband a citizen). Got an email with request for passport and sent to Ottawa. Got all the docs back today with one extra paper saying:

Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application.

then more to do about Covid etc etc.

Has anyone else gotten then? No reasons given....

EDIT: Solved, so I called IRCC now and they explained it all. They put that letter in by default but actually they gave her PR as of yesterday. They will send out the PR card and/or COPR in time (delays because of Covid etc etc). But yeah they really know how to scare someone!
Can you please share your timeline how long after your documents were returned did you get the email again with CoPR?

SiaSia

Jul 26, 2020
Hello
Any updates of how long does they take to send the copr. On calling the agent they said it is approved and wait for the update. But its been almost a month an half, still waiting

lchazl

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hello
Any updates of how long does they take to send the copr. On calling the agent they said it is approved and wait for the update. But its been almost a month an half, still waiting
Yeah whenever I called, maybe a month ago now, they said all is well but because of Covid they may or may not issue copr, just directly mail the PR card. But they said will take 90 days or so, and I can't remember if they said that timing was for normal times, so could be longer.

SiaSia

Jul 26, 2020
Yeah whenever I called, maybe a month ago now, they said all is well but because of Covid they may or may not issue copr, just directly mail the PR card. But they said will take 90 days or so, and I can't remember if they said that timing was for normal times, so could be longer.
Thank you for your response.
They said it is approved on June 18th.
But I never received any confirmation email or letter from them yet.
So, I am not sure what should I do. Because I have not only send them web form request to issue or send a PR confirmation email but also called them several times. All they said is processing :( and the will get a message soon on cic.

Can you suggest me something that might help please.