+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solved: Passport returned from CPC-Ottawa w/o COPR or PR with no reasons

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Update: we received the CoPR from the client portal yesterday.

Timeline:
  • PPR: Oct 31, 2020
  • Passport delivered to Ottawa: Nov 3, 2020
  • Passport returned w/o CoPR: Nov 17, 2020
  • Email from Etobicoke IRCC office: Nov 27, 2020 (This was to provide Canadian address, last Port of entry & date etc.)
  • Email from Etobicoke: Nov 27, 2020, 10 minutes after replying to above email (This email had login credentials for the client portal)
  • CoPR: Nov 30, 2020 (downloaded from client portal)

Hope this helps others in understanding the turnaround time. Good luck everyone!
Email from Etobicoke IRCC office: Nov 27, 2020 (This was to provide Canadian address, last Port of entry & date etc.)
  • For this email, did you have to email something first (based on instructions in the letter when your PP was returned back without COPR) to receive this email or this was an auto email from Etobicoke which you then responded to to receive info to login to the client portal?

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Email from Etobicoke IRCC office: Nov 27, 2020 (This was to provide Canadian address, last Port of entry & date etc.)
  • For this email, did you have to email something first (based on instructions in the letter when your PP was returned back without COPR) to receive this email or this was an auto email from Etobicoke which you then responded to to receive info to login to the client portal?
Nope. It was an auto email. After receiving the Passport it was just a waiting game.

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Nope. It was an auto email. After receiving the Passport it was just a waiting game.
Thanks. So it looks like we will still have to send pp to Ottawa even though they just send it back with a generic letter. And then wait for the email to uodate canadian address and then another email with instructions to login to the portal for virtual landing?

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Thanks. So it looks like we will still have to send pp to Ottawa even though they just send it back with a generic letter. And then wait for the email to uodate canadian address and then another email with instructions to login to the portal for virtual landing?
Correct. What I think is once they receive your passport in Ottawa, they know that you are in Canada. After that confirmation, they put you in a queue for this virtual landing process.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Please share if anyone has received COPR or got a call for virtual landing
How long does it take to receive any update or COPR after getting call from CIC? I got a call few weeks ago without any update. Can someone advice about the process? Will virtual landing be over phone or via portal? I am really confused.

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Please share if anyone has received COPR or got a call for virtual landing
My dad got his CoPR by email yesteday. We had sent his PP to Ottawa on Monday, and got an email from the local CIC office with CoPR. I Didn't have to send an email and update records or anything. CIC local office just sent the CoPR document in his IRCC account.

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
for folks who received a CoPR, is it just a letter saying the copr number and that the letter can be used as proof? The copr is very different from what they used to issue before

ash_forever

Jul 24, 2020
for folks who received a CoPR, is it just a letter saying the copr number and that the letter can be used as proof? The copr is very different from what they used to issue before
My mother-in-law received a COPR confirmation letter via myCIC account on December 11th. I am also asking myself if this letter is the actual COPR. I guess it is, as the letter says: "...this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period."
Yes, the letter itself is different from COPR samples I saw online.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
My dad got his CoPR by email yesteday. We had sent his PP to Ottawa on Monday, and got an email from the local CIC office with CoPR. I Didn't have to send an email and update records or anything. CIC local office just sent the CoPR document in his IRCC account.
Congratulations! Now what's about pr card? Your dad has to apply or it will automatically

geol

Dec 18, 2014
My mother-in-law received a COPR confirmation letter via myCIC account on December 11th. I am also asking myself if this letter is the actual COPR. I guess it is, as the letter says: "...this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period."
Yes, the letter itself is different from COPR samples I saw online.
Congratulations, please share the format for all others to understand. Remove your credentials from the letter. If possible, thanks

geol

Dec 18, 2014
How long does it take to receive any update or COPR after getting call from CIC? I got a call few weeks ago without any update. Can someone advice about the process? Will virtual landing be over phone or via portal? I am really confused.
As you can see on this platform, IRCC using different formats for virtual landing with clients. It's better you can approach MP for update the status. It will definitely help you