+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Solved: Passport returned from CPC-Ottawa w/o COPR or PR with no reasons

ash_forever

Jul 24, 2020
Congratulations, please share the format for all others to understand. Remove your credentials from the letter. If possible, thanks
The letter is below.

Vancouver Immigration - PR Card Photos
1148 Hornby St
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C3

Date: December 11, 2020
Unique Client Identifier (UCI):
CoPR Document #:
Date of birth:
Country of Birth:
Sex:
Category:
Address:

Dear ...
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with two photos that meet our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photos. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photos. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send these photos right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send these photos to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be
delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent
resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.
If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent
resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website
for more information.
The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it
provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any
other person to use this number.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Last edited:

geol

Dec 18, 2014
The letter is below.

Vancouver Immigration - PR Card Photos
1148 Hornby St
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C3

Date: December 11, 2020
Unique Client Identifier (UCI):
CoPR Document #:
Date of birth:
Country of Birth:
Sex:
Category:
Address:

Dear ...
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with two photos that meet our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photos. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photos. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send these photos right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send these photos to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be
delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent
resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.
If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent
resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website
for more information.
The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it
provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any
other person to use this number.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Thanks, now you should apply for PR card which is very important.

Reactions: ash_forever

jik

Nov 25, 2020
did you received reply after sending email ?

i sent reply on monday and still waiting for reply
Did you get a Reply from the Etobicoke office? I have got the first mail from Etobicoke office today and send my reply today evening

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
Hi everyone. My passport was returned with same kind of the letter in July. I got a phone interview on Aug. I've been waiting since. It was many months now and I'm too depressed of counting. Anybody experience the same?

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Update: we received the CoPR from the client portal yesterday.

Timeline:
  • PPR: Oct 31, 2020
  • Passport delivered to Ottawa: Nov 3, 2020
  • Passport returned w/o CoPR: Nov 17, 2020
  • Email from Etobicoke IRCC office: Nov 27, 2020 (This was to provide Canadian address, last Port of entry & date etc.)
  • Email from Etobicoke: Nov 27, 2020, 10 minutes after replying to above email (This email had login credentials for the client portal)
  • CoPR: Nov 30, 2020 (downloaded from client portal)

Hope this helps others in understanding the turnaround time. Good luck everyone!
Update:
PR Card received: Dec 15, 2020

Reactions: MommaBear and geol

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
One enquiry- the photo upload was scan digital copy or photo taken by mobile
We took a photo (Office Lens App) of the actual photo that we had initially sent to Ottawa.

hagt07

Jan 3, 2021
I also got my passport back (including photos) with no CoPR or visa stamp. CPC Ottawa attached the same letter (I am in Canada). It was also strange they requested me to send new photos (which I did) and then sent both old photos and new photos back with my passport.

Anyone have any updates on how long will it take for them to send new instructions to do virtual landing?

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
I also got my passport back (including photos) with no CoPR or visa stamp. CPC Ottawa attached the same letter (I am in Canada). It was also strange they requested me to send new photos (which I did) and then sent both old photos and new photos back with my passport.

Anyone have any updates on how long will it take for them to send new instructions to do virtual landing?
did you call to ask?

Mine was sent back in July, 2020. I got an interview on Aug then silence since. It was 6months now.

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi

Hi Can you please let us know when have you sent the passport to Ottawa and when did you receive it back. Our Passports are received on 23rd Dec'20 and havent received any update after that.

Thanks