+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
I have applied in Sept 2020 (inland) and received AOR yday but not able to link my account! anyone else faced this issue and any tips how to link ?
I am providing my sons info in the applicant info for link FYI ..
With the question about the number of people in this application.. You should add Sponsor, and Principal applicant.. so the number is 2.. If there is a Co-signer, the number is 3.. Assuming all the other entries are correct.. I struggled to link the application at first since I am only sponsoring my Son 1 person.. But I was sure all the other info was correct so I changed the number of people in the application.. Good luck

Reactions: sir_l

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
How you linked application since i tried but its not finding .. My kid is US born and currently in Canada on . I got my AOR on friday and trying to link buy no success .. can you suggest what combination you tried ?
Try changing the number of people in the application to 2 or 3 if there is a Co-signer.. Best of luck

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
With the question about the number of people in this application.. You should add Sponsor, and Principal applicant.. so the number is 2.. If there is a Co-signer, the number is 3.. Assuming all the other entries are correct.. I struggled to link the application at first since I am only sponsoring my Son 1 person.. But I was sure all the other info was correct so I changed the number of people in the application.. Good luck
Thanks a lot .

The UCI number in email they sent was my PR number so it was not finding ..Managed after putting other option ..It is showing under eligibilty check. Do we know how much time it is taking currently ?

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
I received email confirmation and trying to link application but keep getting no application found message.

anyone else had issues linking application any advise?
Try third combination in first drop down and last questiom number should be 2 or 3 for 1 child considering spouse is co-signer or not . i also got advise im forum and it worked

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi,
Received a letter from CIC that requirements for my eligibility as sponsor is met for my 1.5yr child. In that same letter , it is mentioned that they are forwarding the application to New Delhi for further processing. However my child is already in Canada ( brought her in earlier this year through TRV). I mentioned this in the PR application document also.

Please advise if this means that the application will now be processed in Delhi? and not considered as a inland application?
call IrCC i guess to confirm . Can you please share timeline ?

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Thanks a lot .

The UCI number in email they sent was my PR number so it was not finding ..Managed after putting other option ..It is showing under eligibilty check. Do we know how much time it is taking currently ?
Yes, the UCI in the AOR is the sponsor's.. After linking the application you will be able to see your child's UCI and the date they received the application..
Regarding the timelines, it's hard to say during these circumstances.. the next step would be Sponsorship approval and medical request.. I got mine (SA) the following day.. but it can take up to a month.. Then you can expect a medical request.. Shouldn't take time to get that. Try not to worry, since the processing has already started, hoping you get to hear more good news soon.. Good luck :)

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
I also got AOR for Oct 2 2020 application on Friday .One question when i called ircc before sending application they said for dependent child application is Outland only and we have to sent application to Sydney ,NB .. For spouse it depends if you are in canada or not . Can you please advise where did you sent application ? Mississauga only ?
i had sent to sydney

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi All,

I hold a PR and recently moved to Canada. I applied for a PR for my 1 year old child whihc was delivered to the IRCC on Oct 05th, basis on the posts from others it seems it will be a long road before i get an AOR and it proceeds further. Since my child has a US passport, we didnt need a visa for him to come over to canada, but I am assuming he can not stay in canada forever without a visa.

1. Do anyone know for how long he can stay in Canada without a Visa, if he has a US passport?
2. What needs to be done for extending his stay in Canada?

Thanks in advance.
Can you share update ? I am on same boat . How long visitor record you got while entering Canada ? I got for 1 year at border .. Need to extend considering currently PR process taking time .

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello All,
I had applied for TRP extension for my son in Feb 2020 and for his PR in March 30th 2020.
Its an inland application.

I just received a message that my application for TRP extension is cancelled and another message that I need to submit medical report for him for PR application...Anyone knows what does it mean and how long will it take to get the PR after medical is submitted.
Without extension is Kid eligible to stay in Canada if vistor period is expired ? Can you please share your current situation ?

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
So i got email for just one of the twins yesterday...

Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit***

Dear ANSH :

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us
immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC-
ETOBICOKE-LANDINGS@CIC.GC.CA.

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent
resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you
receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it
along with one photo that meets our
photo specifications to the address listed above. Please
ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo.
You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us
with your current address.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation.
Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’
guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in
Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or
a federal/provincial/territorial identity document.The permanent resident card is Required after this one-year period.

We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be
delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent
resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent
resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our
website for
more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides
access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to
use this number.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

SO I DONT SEE ANY PASSPORT REQUEST OR VIRTUAL
LANDING MENTION here. WHAT TO DO NOW??
MY TWINS ARE WITH ME IN CANADA already on their visitor visa since 17th Nov 2020. Thanks
Can you please share your timeline ?

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi All,

We came over to Canada in Sep this year and I submitted the PR sponsorship for my child by the end of Sep2020. He has US passport so i didn't get Visa for him. Does anyone know:

1. How much approx time it may take to hear back from IRCC whether they accepted the file.
2. How much approx time it may take from acceptance till getting the PR status.
3. How and when to extend his stay. I am assuming he was able to enter Canada without a visa but can not stay forever without one.

Thanks in advance.
Can you please advicr your situation . Mine is exact situation .. I also came in Sep from US by road ? When did you submitted PR application ? Did you extend your Visitor record. ? How long you got when entered canada ?

canada360

Jan 18, 2021
Friends
Those applying for Temporary Dependent child visa from outside Canada, there is some GOOD NEWS.
The timeline has dropped from 254 days to 154 days.
Praying things get moving faster

However there is NO RELIEF for Sponsorship of Dependent Children (PR)
Timeline still remains at 15 Months.

Last edited: