+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Kothai

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Friends
Those applying for Temporary Dependent child visa from outside Canada, there is some GOOD NEWS.
The timeline has dropped from 254 days to 154 days.
Praying things get moving faster

However there is NO RELIEF for Sponsorship of Dependent Children (PR)
Timeline still remains at 15 Months.
Hi what is Temporary dependant child visa? Are you talking about Temporary Resident Visa?

Gor1989

Jun 14, 2019
Hello everyone,
I m sponsoring my child who is born in India. I have already applied for his trv on Nov 1 2020 but still no decision has been made yet. I thought to send his PR application now.
I need help in one question from form "Application to sponsor" IMM1344
Page 2- Question 6
It asks - Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored? If I select yes as his trv is in process, then I could be ineligible to sponsor my child. What should I do? Can someone help me please?
Thank you

canada360

Jan 18, 2021
Hello everyone,
I m sponsoring my child who is born in India. I have already applied for his trv on Nov 1 2020 but still no decision has been made yet. I thought to send his PR application now.
I need help in one question from form "Application to sponsor" IMM1344
Page 2- Question 6
It asks - Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored? If I select yes as his trv is in process, then I could be ineligible to sponsor my child. What should I do? Can someone help me please?
Thank you

I had also filled in TRV and PR for my minor daughter born in India.
To your query, I had filled "NO" in IMM1344, Page2, Q6.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Congratulations on the progress. Hope it speeds up for all of us. :)
What is AOR2? Are the medicals done?
Not yet.. medicals in Cairo VO are sent after the file is transferred towards the end of the process before PPR.. So waiting to receive the Medical Request..
AOR2 is when the responsible visa office (secondary visa office) receives the file..
Good luck to us all :)

Reactions: UnconquerableMe

UnconquerableMe

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
Not yet.. medicals in Cairo VO are sent after the file is transferred towards the end of the process before PPR.. So waiting to receive the Medical Request..
AOR2 is when the responsible visa office (secondary visa office) receives the file..
Good luck to us all :)
So do we get email confirmation that file is received by VO?
We received an email that file is being transferred to NDVO, but even after clearing the medicals over a month back, there is no update from NDVO.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
So do we get email confirmation that file is received by VO?
We received an email that file is being transferred to NDVO, but even after clearing the medicals over a month back, there is no update from NDVO.
Some visa offices send an Acknowledgement and some don't.. You can always check on ECAS.. if the Principal applicant section returns to "Application Received" from "In Process". Or there is an additional line after we received your application on xx-xx-xxxx, Under the PA section not the Sponsor section then you'll know that the VO received the file..

Here's the link to ECAS just incase:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en