+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
Hey guys.. just wanted to share a quick update for everyone who is on edge like me.. I was able to see my son's application on ECAS in process using his temporary file number minus the X.. it says application received on April 17th, 2020.. I hope this gives hope to others as it surely put my mind at ease.. if there are any more updates I'll be sure to let you know.. BTW I haven't received AOR yet.. hoping to get it soon
In how many days did you get (or inquired) your temp file number? it has been a couple of months for me already and temp file number would provide some peace of mind.

Reactions: Agnes8181

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
In how many days did you get (or inquired) your temp file number? it has been a couple of months for me already and temp file number would provide some peace of mind.
I called IRCC in September cuz it had been months since I submitted the application and there was no communication.. but the agent told me that once the application arrives at their office the documents are scanned and a temporary number is then assigned.. then they check if its complete.. after it gets assigned to an officer it gets a permanent application number.. which is basically the temporary number (XF000XXXXXX) without the X.. I am not sure how long the scanning process takes..

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Kothai and sir_l

sir_l

Aug 20, 2020
I called IRCC in September cuz it had been months since I submitted the application and there was no communication.. but the agent told me that once the application arrives at their office the documents are scanned and a temporary number is then assigned.. then they check if its complete.. after it gets assigned to an officer it gets a permanent application number.. which is basically the temporary number (XF000XXXXXX) without the X.. I am not sure how long the scanning process takes..

Hope this helps :)
Thank you ! :) just curious have you applied for OHIP for your child and also visitor visa extension?

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Thank you ! :) just curious have you applied for OHIP for your child and also visitor visa extension?
Sure.. no problem.. I haven't applied for OHIP yet.. waiting for SA so that I can prove that my son is eligible.. about the visitor record (extension) I applied online 30 days before his 6 months were up and I attached a LOE since no AOR nor temporary application number was received then so I also attached the receipt of sponsorship application as proof of ongoing PR sponsorship application ..

Bindanzic

Jun 27, 2019
On cloud 9... just got SA email now... seems they are moving fast..
Timeline
Application received: April 17th, 2020
AOR: October 27th, 2020
SA : October 28th, 2020

Unbelievable.. after all this time finally..
Back to back good news :) How many people from March & April waiting for AOR here?

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Guys.. I'm in a bit of a situation here.. I hope that someone here can guide me to understand what exactly happened.. I received the sponsorship eligibility passed yesterday.. when I read it carefully it says that we are forwarding your application to Cairo visa office for further processing.. even though my son's address in the application and on ECAS is here in Canada.. I called the IRCC and the agent said that whatever requests come in (medical) can be done here.. and when I asked her about the Passport Request she said ya sure he can submit it here.. is it now an outland application or can this happen mid application for inland? My concern is with finalizing the application not about the medicals cuz obviously my son who is 9 months old can't leave just to submit his passport in Egypt.

Anyone with knowledge or previous experience please advise.

Reactions: Agnes8181