+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Guys.. I'm in a bit of a situation here.. I hope that someone here can guide me to understand what exactly happened.. I received the sponsorship eligibility passed yesterday.. when I read it carefully it says that we are forwarding your application to Cairo visa office for further processing.. even though my son's address in the application and on ECAS is here in Canada.. I called the IRCC and the agent said that whatever requests come in (medical) can be done here.. and when I asked her about the Passport Request she said ya sure he can submit it here.. is it now an outland application or can this happen mid application for inland? My concern is with finalizing the application not about the medicals cuz obviously my son who is 9 months old can't leave just to submit his passport in Egypt.

Anyone with knowledge or previous experience please advise.
I am also thinking the same!!!
My twins are in India and i have their trv.. should i fly in the middle of pr processing!?!?! & then update their address online via ircc webform???

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
My twins are in India and i have their trv.. should i fly in the middle of pr processing!?!?! & then update their address online via ircc webform???
When I called the IRCC again she confirmed the same. So to double check I read my own email that I received when I got the passport request.. I will paste the quotation below.. Anything can be done from here in Canada.. but I think in your situation you have to update an address change.. My son's address is already in Canada.. so I think it is best to call them and confirm yourself if u need to change the address or not..

If you are residing in Canada – please submit all required documentation through the Case Processing Center in Ottawa (CPC-O):

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

• A self-addressed, pre-paid Expresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Epresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose the pre-paid Expresspost envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

Reactions: chinusha21

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Hey.. I thought the following forum could be useful to you.. most of the applicants started out as outland and then came to Canada and continued inland.. they all updated the address and contact information.. Here's the link..

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/virtual-landing-copr-pr-card.702911/page-6

Hope you find this useful :)

Reactions: chinusha21

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
HI All,
We are planning on traveling to Canada with our US born child in a few weeks. After we enter Canada we plan on applying for our child's PR. Given that the application process might take over 11 months, we will have to extend our childs stay after we enter. But current wait time for extension of stay is 184 days. So, it looks like even if we apply for extension of stay, it will take over 6 months to get it approved.

Can our child stay in Canada after we file his extension of stay application? Or will he have to leave Canada? Any other way of extending stay?

Thanks!

Reactions: Agnes8181

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
HI All,
We are planning on traveling to Canada with our US born child in a few weeks. After we enter Canada we plan on applying for our child's PR. Given that the application process might take over 11 months, we will have to extend our childs stay after we enter. But current wait time for extension of stay is 184 days. So, it looks like even if we apply for extension of stay, it will take over 6 months to get it approved.

Can our child stay in Canada after we file his extension of stay application? Or will he have to leave Canada? Any other way of extending stay?

Thanks!
Hey.. once you apply for an extension, ur child will automatically get implied status, until a decision is made on his extension. . which means that he/she can stay legally past the 6 months until a decision is made. U must apply for the visitor record(extension) before the 6 month period ends by 30 days.. I'm in this situation now.. we applied to extend my son's visit while his sponsorship application is ongoing. And a decision on his extension is not yet made.. he is in Canada now for 8 months on implied status..
Hope this helps :)

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hey.. once you apply for an extension, ur child will automatically get implied status, until a decision is made on his extension. . which means that he/she can stay legally past the 6 months until a decision is made. U must apply for the visitor record(extension) before the 6 month period ends by 30 days.. I'm in this situation now.. we applied to extend my son's visit while his sponsorship application is ongoing. And a decision on his extension is not yet made.. he is in Canada now for 8 months on implied status..
Hope this helps :)
Great that's good to know. Have you applied for your son's health coverage? I'll be moving to BC and it seems they will need proof of our sons PR application when we apply for health insurance. But it looks like AOR now takes about 6 months.

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
Great that's good to know. Have you applied for your son's health coverage? I'll be moving to BC and it seems they will need proof of our sons PR application when we apply for health insurance. But it looks like AOR now takes about 6 months.
I'm not sure about BC. We live in Ontario and they require proof of eligibility passed on the sponsorship application to apply for the health card.. maybe someone here from BC can help..

ca_hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
I'm not sure about BC. We live in Ontario and they require proof of eligibility passed on the sponsorship application to apply for the health card.. maybe someone here from BC can help..
Thanks. What was the proof of eligibility you provided for this purpose?

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Guys.. I'm in a bit of a situation here.. I hope that someone here can guide me to understand what exactly happened.. I received the sponsorship eligibility passed yesterday.. when I read it carefully it says that we are forwarding your application to Cairo visa office for further processing.. even though my son's address in the application and on ECAS is here in Canada.. I called the IRCC and the agent said that whatever requests come in (medical) can be done here.. and when I asked her about the Passport Request she said ya sure he can submit it here.. is it now an outland application or can this happen mid application for inland? My concern is with finalizing the application not about the medicals cuz obviously my son who is 9 months old can't leave just to submit his passport in Egypt.

Anyone with knowledge or previous experience please advise.
All applications for everyone who was not born in Canada will send their country. You don't need to be worried.
My kids' applications were forwarded to the Manila Offica cuz they were born in South Korea and there is no Visa office there.

You don't need to leave here to submit your son's passport, just send them that by mail.
In my case, as a Korean, we need to submit a photocopy of passport, not a real one.

chinusha21

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Reactions: DFARGHALY88

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
All applications for everyone who was not born in Canada will send their country. You don't need to be worried.
My kids' applications were forwarded to the Manila Offica cuz they were born in South Korea and there is no Visa office there.

You don't need to leave here to submit your son's passport, just send them that by mail.
In my case, as a Korean, we need to submit a photocopy of passport, not a real one.
Thanks for ur reply :).. I dunno y this process is starting to get to me.. I just wish this stressful process would end already.. started the process when my son was only 6 weeks old and he is now almost 10 months old and we are no where near the end.. but honestly this forum feels like a support group.. it's comforting to know that I'm not going through this alone. Thanks again :)