+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for 2019 - 2020 - Dependent Child sponsorship Applications

Agnes8181

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Hi All,

Good to find this group, have been searching for people in same boat since long.
Myself and my husband both got our PRs last year, We made our port of entry in July 2019.
I was pregnant then, so we returned to India as we wanted to have the baby delivered with family support.

My husband applied for dependant application for our new born son on 3rd April, and the application was received by cic on 6th April.
There has been no movement in the application since then.

We called up CIC multiple times, On 5th Sept we got to know from the CIC Agent that Feb 2020 applications are being processed at the moment.
On Following up exactly after a month, they were still processing application received on 12th of Feb 2020.

We are now thinking of applying for a visitor Visa for the baby as well, so that we can unite as a family, ofcourse we will inform the visa office that sponsorship application is underway as well.

What is the latest date in the group, where the application is approved?
I cannot imagine how frustrated you are!
We are all on the same boat.

Unfortunately, the mail tracking date doesn't mean the IRCC recieved your application on that date.
In my case, I sent my kids' applications on Janary 6th but the AOR said IRCC recieved my applications on February 21st.

Here are my timeline.
Hope it will help.

I sent my application on 6-Jan-2020

Date Received at Office: 21-Feb-2020
AOR Received: 8-Mar-2020
Sponsorship Approval email: 18-Sep-2020
Medical Exam Request: 18-Sep-2020
Medical Exam Passed 22-Sep-2020
Applications transferred to MVO 14-Oct-2020

tapa.n

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Today I received an email of account pre-arrival services in my account. But there is no PPR yet. Is this email an indication that ppr is on the way soon :)
Congratulations :) depends on your visa office.

If its NDVO then it might be still a long wait.

Next step should be PPR.

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

sharma.tarundeep

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
United States
My son (2 years old) is a US citizen and we (parents) are Canadian Permanent residents. We moved to Canada in March 2020 and I applied for my Son's PR by mail during last week of march 2020. I have not heard anything (not even acknowledgment) on the application. Anyone else in the same boat?

As my son is a visitor here in Canada entered Canada using US passport was authorized to stay in Canada for 6 months and I already applied for extension of his stay in Canada as Visitor. If the PR is delayed more than 12 months then would it be possible to reapply extension of his stay in Canada as Visitor beyond 12 months? Please suggest other options in this case.

Thanks in Advance!!

Reactions: DFARGHALY88

DFARGHALY88

Apr 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Other
My son (2 years old) is a US citizen and we (parents) are Canadian Permanent residents. We moved to Canada in March 2020 and I applied for my Son's PR by mail during last week of march 2020. I have not heard anything (not even acknowledgment) on the application. Anyone else in the same boat?

As my son is a visitor here in Canada entered Canada using US passport was authorized to stay in Canada for 6 months and I already applied for extension of his stay in Canada as Visitor. If the PR is delayed more than 12 months then would it be possible to reapply extension of his stay in Canada as Visitor beyond 12 months? Please suggest other options in this case.

Thanks in Advance!!
I'm in the same boat.. applied for Sponsorship in April.. and also applied for an extension for my son.. hopefully they will get to us before the 1 year mark.. I hope someone here can advise if we can extend it beyond 12 months.. I also have not heard back from them..

Reactions: sharma.tarundeep

biorahul

Dec 13, 2017
Hi all,

I would like to sponsor my infant born in India (9 month old). Me and my wife both are PR, and daughter who is Canadian citizen. We moved to India in September 2019 for work but now I permanently moved back to Canada in Oct 2020. My wife, daughter and son is still in India so would like to sponsor my infant son to Canada.

My question is that can I apply both visitor visa and sponsorship for my infant son at the same time? Looking at processing time of sponsorship, would it be good choice to apply visitor visa first? so that we can bring son to Canada while sponsorship is in process. I am looking for your kind advice. Thank you.

ameya.poredi

Oct 8, 2020
Hi,
For all those folks in this forum who have received pre arrival letter and have got GCMS notes after that, please check the following and advise:

1. Did you pass the eligibility fully in the GCMS notes? I checked for my son's notes (also awaiting DM), he has ' Final' under eligibility as blank. Is it the same for you?

2. In addition under eligibility assessment, my son's due date shows 26th NOVEMBER 2020. So maybe his application may get processed by that date. What is your due date under eligibility assessment?

Regards
Ameya